PDA

View Full Version : International incident? (Humour, spoiler-ish, but not really)

Kane Knight
06-11-2004, 09:52 PM
I find it hilarious that while you have John "MasterRace" Bradshaw giving the Nazi salute in Munich, Lawler chooses Benoit interrupting the Canadian anthem as something that will start an "international incident."

What, between Canada and...Canada?

I know that one has little to do with the other, but I found it ironic for some reason.

Amaroqwolf
06-12-2004, 12:49 AM
Canada is buried under 15 feet of snow...what are you talking about...(Blinks and goes back to watching her disaster movies)

FourFifty
06-12-2004, 02:58 AM
<font color=cyan>Yeah... I mean, Chris came out during his own anthem...

That'd be like The Patriot getting cut off by Hogan... or any other two American wrestlers.

Or Scott Hall cutting off JBL during a drinking song.</font color>

Loose Cannon
06-12-2004, 03:16 AM
Remember when the Bret Hart attacked the Patriot during the American Anthem? Oh, that was great times. Oddly enough, the Hart Foundation attacked the Bolsheviks during their Anthem at Wrestlemania 5 or 6

PureHatred
06-12-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm still stunned that there seems to be no repercussions for JBL's stunt. Usually when someone causes the company some bad PR they end up getitng the boot. This idiot gets on TV for coming off as "pro-genocide" and the WWE ignores it on TV (understandable, I suppose) but then still seems to be dead set on him being the main heel through the Summer. :nono:

Splaya
06-12-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm still stunned that there seems to be no repercussions for JBL's stunt. Usually when someone causes the company some bad PR they end up getitng the boot. This idiot gets on TV for coming off as "pro-genocide" and the WWE ignores it on TV (understandable, I suppose) but then still seems to be dead set on him being the main heel through the Summer. :nono:

The thing is, he didn't just give them bad PR, he ruined their chances to bring back the events in Germany for future shows. Its just not a good sign for WWE if they let this go without any reprecussions.

Wondermouse
06-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Hey, if Sylvain Grenier was singing my national anthem, I'd interrupt him, too.

Mr. Nerfect
06-12-2004, 07:11 PM
One could argue that JBL just got carried away. What he did didn't have any morals, but he might have just thought of the easiest way to get heat in that area. Bradshaw's lost his job on CNBC, and he left FOX in the dust. I doubt they would want him back. I'm not sure if there are any other finacial shows around the place, but JBL's already suffered from this incident. I can't see the WWE changing their program because of this incident, but if he wa slower on the card, I'd expect to see some kind of release signed.

Anybody Thrilla
06-12-2004, 08:43 PM
One could argue that JBL just got carried away. What he did didn't have any morals, but he might have just thought of the easiest way to get heat in that area. Bradshaw's lost his job on CNBC, and he left FOX in the dust. I doubt they would want him back. I'm not sure if there are any other finacial shows around the place, but JBL's already suffered from this incident. I can't see the WWE changing their program because of this incident, but if he wa slower on the card, I'd expect to see some kind of release signed.

Agreed. If JBL weren't in the main event, they would've Katie Vick'ed his ass.

Kane Knight
06-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Yeah... I mean, Chris came out during his own anthem...

That'd be like The Patriot getting cut off by Hogan... or any other two American wrestlers.

Or Scott Hall cutting off JBL during a drinking song.
:love:

Kane Knight
06-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Thing is, JBL's fucked any possible future relations with Germany for quite some time. That's another market pretty much closed. This is a bad thing, and keeping him on longer than is absolutely necessary reflects poorly on the WWE.

Now, he might have gotten carried away. I won't contest that. Doesn't mean that he should get off scot-free.