PDA

View Full Version : Wild Wild West

sadio8
06-13-2004, 12:43 AM
Alrighty i was at the Toronto Blue Jays game yesterday. And i heard the beat from that Will Smith song " Wild Wild West' however it was the same beat for Wild Wild Best but a different person singing it. Unfortunately i was not able to tell who it was all i remember was that the beat was the same as that for Will Smith - Wild Wild West. So does anyone know of any other song that uses the beat from the song Wild Wild West by Will Smith?

Thanks in advance

Kris P Lettus
06-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Wild Wild West was Kool Moe Dee, methinks...

Old skool Hip Hop..

"I'm going downtown!!1!"

Kris P Lettus
06-13-2004, 12:49 AM
On this album..

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000004UI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Funky Fly
06-13-2004, 01:43 AM
Yup, that video was mad cheesey. :love:

Kris P Lettus
06-13-2004, 01:49 AM
I am a plethera of hip hop knowledge...

The Infamous
06-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Actually you were prolly hearin a Stevie Wonder song. Because Will Smith used a Stevie Wonder beat and elements of the Kool Moe Dee song. I think all he used was the hook from the Kool Moe Dee joint but I am sure he used somethin from a Stevie Wonder song.

Funky Fly
06-14-2004, 04:41 AM
Actually you were prolly hearin a Stevie Wonder song. Because Will Smith used a Stevie Wonder beat and elements of the Kool Moe Dee song. I think all he used was the hook from the Kool Moe Dee joint but I am sure he used somethin from a Stevie Wonder song.
You've got it right.

The main part of the instrumentation is a sample of "I Wish" with Stevie singing "Wild Wild West" instead. Kool Mo Dee is in there too.