PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the top faces on Raw? (possible spoilers/rumors)

VonErich Lives
06-13-2004, 12:18 PM
Let's assume rumors are true.

HBK needs some time off.
Edge is going to face Benoit at Vengence
HHH is going to face Benoit at SummerSlam.

So, then... this leaves us Benoit and.... and... ummm... Y2J's tied up in that
Tommy Tomko crap....

Sheltons going to have or go after the IC belt...

maybe if Randy Orton drops the IC belt, he eventually turns face?

I dunno... just seems like they'll need another top face, unless edge v. benoit's going to be a "Face v. Face" match, in which case that will really suck.

Nowhere Man
06-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Orton is godawful as a face. I'd much rather have him stay an I-C level heel right now, until he's developed the skills that WWE is pretending he has.

Sephiroth
06-13-2004, 12:35 PM
I hope Orton drops the IC belt...that way Benoit can feud with Orton for a while.

Or maybe they are going to bring Sting to the WWE after all.

Could also be possible that they are bringing Goldberg back...but that is something the WWE can better not do imo.

tucsonspeed6
06-13-2004, 12:35 PM
They might do one of those "Face vs. Face" things until the match itself, then Edge turns heel midmatch. There's no way in hell Jericho's going to be fighting Tokyo Tomko for more than a month. However, being that Edge will probably turn heel soon, maybe he'll join Team Christian and that'll give Jericho a reason to fight Edge in a new feud. Be glad that Raw only has one main event face open for the world title now. The bookers know that if they make Benoit job the title to anyone, the only face to fight for the title right now is Benoit. They could pull a rematch, but that'd only last another month. Maybe they're hoping that Jericho will wrap things up soon. Maybe Benjamin will job to Orton this month and they'll start over with a second push to bring him to main event. It's a long term goal, but it's still an option.

Aussie Skier
06-13-2004, 12:51 PM
after wmxx, it seemed like raw had all guns blazing and smackdown was falling 2 pieces...now the opposite might be happening. We were all saying smackdown is weak on heels, but they have around 6 or so major or future heels, while on raw, i can only see 4 odd. as far as faces go, raw has maybe 3 or 4 at best!, while smackdown has about 4.
Main draws for both brands are:

Raw - Face:
Jericho - feuding with tomko (WHY OH WHY)
Benoit - Current champ (duh)
HBK - Will prolyl have some time off soonish
Shelton Benjamin - I really like him! but is not a main event yet i wouldnt think (does he get good crowd support?)
Edge - Possible heel turn soon

Smackdown - Face:
Eddie G - Current Champ
John Cena - Goin strong
RVD - Could turn soonish, but is looking good @ smackdown
Taker - bit part player now
Mysterio - da man

Raw - Heel:
HHH - long service leave soon ;-)
Randy Orton - Looks to be the main face right about now
Batista - Does he ever wrestle??? well, he kinda sux anywayz
Christian - Needs to come back....SOON!!!!
Kane - prolly the number 1 heel

Smackdown - Heel:
Modecai - looking good
Booker T - he sux @ the moment cos of a bad gimmick, but will look good soon
JBL - Doing ok (IMO)
Kenzo - didnt c smackdown this week, so i cant really say much
Rene Dupree - Going great guns!
Big Show - Coming back soonish
Angle - Coming back soonish
Chavo Guerrero - I presonally really like him!

So what do we get from all this? Smackdown, if they had raw writers could be going great guns. credit where credit is due however, smackdown have gone well 4 a few months with a limited roster, now they are really starting to look better

MVP
06-13-2004, 01:01 PM
The top faces on RAW are going to remain to be Benoit, Shawn Michaels, and Jericho even though he will never escape from midcard hell.

Batsu
06-13-2004, 02:25 PM
The top faces on RAW are going to remain to be Benoit, Shawn Michaels, and Jericho even though he will never escape from midcard hell.

Yeah. It's like "The Match That Didn't Happen" is actually Jericho's highest point in his WWE career, despite being the first Undisputed Champ.

Personally, if anyone was going to be the next HBK, it's definitely Jericho. WWE should realize this before Jericho becomes too old to carry the torch.

Randy Orton should NOT turn face. The fans aren't even going to buy it at this point, and especially after the "cheap heat" he pulled on Shelton...give it a while before they do something drastic.

He's the best I-C level heel they have, outside of Christian.

tucsonspeed6
06-13-2004, 02:32 PM
Randy Orton should NOT turn face. The fans aren't even going to buy it at this point, and especially after the "cheap heat" he pulled on Shelton...give it a while before they do something drastic.

Are you refering to the "cheap heat" in which Randy mentioned "You people" to Shelton? Sorry to break it to you, but almost everyone's forgotten about that by now. Memorable cheap heat would be waving a burning american flag around or something along those lines. The fans will be willing to cheer for Orton, especially since he went over Foley cleanly.

Favre4Ever
06-13-2004, 03:15 PM
Turning Orton face seems really illogical to me as he makes a great heel. Orton gets great heat and people geniuenly are into his character. The WWE would really be losing something in the heel department if they turned evolution on eachother now. But I think its needs to happen, and it needs to happen soon.