PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown Spoiler *in progress

Joe Kerr
06-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Dark Match:

*Billy Kidman pinned Carly Colon with the shooting star press.

Velocity Taping:

*Jamie Knoble pinned Paul London.

*The Full Blooded Italians’ Nunzio and Johnny Stamboli defeated Akio & Sakoda.

- Bill DeMott and Josh Matthews came to ringside to call the next match.

*Mark Jindrak pinned Hardcore Holly. Holly got a big reaction live.

-They began setting up for Smackdown. The Velocity announcers left, followed by the introduction of Tazz and Michael Cole live.

Smackdown:

*The Dudley Boyz defeated Rico and Charlie Haas to win the WWE Tag Team championships. Bubba Pinned Rico with his feet on the ropes. Haas had bumped Jackie Gayda off the apron and was checking on her outside the ring.

*At the ramp, Paul Heyman greeted the Dudleys. After commercial, Heyman did a long interview explaining that at the Great American Bash PPV, it would be The Undertaker vs. The Dudleys in a handicap match. Heyman explained that “The Undertaker’s conscience” would be sitting inside a glass “crypt” for everyone to see at the PPV and if Undertaker didn’t do the right thing, they would fill the crypt with cement.

*WWE champion Eddie Guerrero is in the ring right now for an interview.
*WWE champion cut a promo in the ring, challenging John Bradshaw Layfield to come out. Instead The Bashams came out, telling Eddie they have unfinished business. This led to...

*WWE champion Eddie Guerrero pinned Doug Basham.

-Backstage, John Cena came to Kurt Angle’s office. Angle tells Cena that later tonight, he will have to team with Rob Van Dam vs. Rene Dupree and Booker T. Angle also said the Great American Bash 4 way will be an elimination bout.

-Backstage, Funaki (dressed like Cena) does a battle rap with John Matthews. Funkai makes fun of Kurt Angle. Angle tells Funaki he will face Luther Raines.

*In the ring right now is Kenzo Suzuki vs. Spike Dudley.

Kenzo Suzuki pinned Spike Dudley.

*They aired news footage about John Bradshaw Layfield being fired by CNBC. Layfield cut a promo in the ring saying that CNBC never called him, and that American media stinks because it focuses on the negative. Eddie Guerrero came out and brawled with Layfield.

*Rey Mysterio pinned Chavo Classic to win the WWE Cruiserweight championship in a short match. Classic hugged Chavo Guerrero in the ring after the match.

-Backstage, they showed Luther Raines preparing for his match against Funaki.

*Luther Raines pinned Funaki. Raines warned that anyone who messes with Kurt Angle and has to go through him. Angle comes out and made Raines beat down Funkai.

*Torrie Wilson comes out dressed like Uncle Sam promoting the PPV.

*Backstage, Booker T is interviewed by Josh Matthews, saying he got screwed out of beating John Cena last week. Rene Dupree warned Booker that he better have Dupree's back tonight.

*In the ring right now is John Cena and Rob Van Dam vs. Rene Dupree and Booker T.

*Rob Van Dam & John Cena vs. Booker T & Rene Dupree - Cena and RVD ended up fighting during the bout after clearing the ring of the heels. The lights go out and Undertaker appears and is in the ring. He tombstones Cena. Paul Heyman and The Dudleys come out. It appears the show ends here.

After the show ends, The Dudleys try to shake Undertaker's hand. John Bradshaw Layfield comes out and after some banter, ends up chokeslam.

c4g2
06-15-2004, 11:44 PM
So how did Eddie go?

:rant: at Dudleys' 4553524232th title reign.

Joe Kerr
06-15-2004, 11:45 PM
So how did Eddie go?

:rant: at Dudleys' 4553524232th title reign.

Still waiting the feedback Ill post it as soon as it comes in.

c4g2
06-15-2004, 11:47 PM
Oh good.

*Sits around waitng*

Joe Kerr
06-16-2004, 12:04 AM
*WWE champion cut a promo in the ring, challenging John Bradshaw Layfield to come out. Instead The Bashams came out, telling Eddie they have unfinished business. This led to...

*WWE champion Eddie Guerrero pinned Doug Basham.

-Backstage, John Cena came to Kurt Angle’s office. Angle tells Cena that later tonight, he will have to team with Rob Van Dam vs. Rene Dupree and Booker T. Angle also said the Great American Bash 4 way will be an elimination bout.

-Backstage, Funaki (dressed like Cena) does a battle rap with John Matthews. Funkai makes fun of Kurt Angle. Angle tells Funaki he will face Luther Raines.

*In the ring right now is Kenzo Suzuki vs. Spike Dudley.

c4g2
06-16-2004, 12:11 AM
LMAO at Funaki. Smackdown is finally using some decent angles. :y:

ilt_undertaker
06-16-2004, 12:11 AM
Um, who is Luther? :$

Joe Kerr
06-16-2004, 12:13 AM
Kenzo Suzuki pinned Spike Dudley.

*They aired news footage about John Bradshaw Layfield being fired by CNBC. Layfield cut a promo in the ring saying that CNBC never called him, and that American media stinks because it focuses on the negative. Eddie Guerrero came out and brawled with Layfield.

*Rey Mysterio pinned Chavo Classic to win the WWE Cruiserweight championship in a short match. Classic hugged Chavo Guerrero in the ring after the match.

-Backstage, they showed Luther Raines preparing for his match against Funaki.

PoisonIvy
06-16-2004, 12:14 AM
The guy who wheels around Kurt.

Hollywood Red
06-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Luther Reigns is a vicious man beast. Luther Reigns is a man you should all fear. Luther Reigns will slap your daughter, kick your son and steal your wife without a second thought. Luther Reigns is the type of guy who will park his gas-guzzling SUV in a handicapped spot at the hospital while he steals bedpans from those on their death beds. Luther Reigns is a cold, heartless bastard who you will come to fear.

Luther Reigns is a dangerous man.

c4g2
06-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey, Chavo Classic's still in WWE? I thought they fired him? :?:

Joe Kerr
06-16-2004, 12:18 AM
Hey, Chavo Classic's still in WWE? I thought they fired him? :?:

They had to do something with the belt he had. Probably his last match if you noticed he got pinned quickly.

ilt_undertaker
06-16-2004, 12:19 AM
The guy who wheels around Kurt.

Oh, thats his name. Thanks

And thanks to you too Hollywood Red

c4g2
06-16-2004, 12:19 AM
At least Rey Rey has the title again. :love:

mitch_h
06-16-2004, 12:20 AM
Noble vs London should be pretty damn good

Joe Kerr
06-16-2004, 12:22 AM
where have you been mitchy?

ColdwaVer
06-16-2004, 12:47 AM
So lemme get this straight.

Six months ago the Dudley Boyz were defending America against the slander of French Canadians.

Now they're accomplices in the threatened murder of a fat little mortician.

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Lara Emily
06-16-2004, 12:56 AM

Six months ago the Dudley Boyz were defending America against the slander of French Canadians.

Ain't it great :D

Innovator
06-16-2004, 01:02 AM

Crappy booking...TAKING TO THE EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEME

Lara Emily
06-16-2004, 01:05 AM
They should make a Paul Bearer plushie :D

Joe Kerr
06-16-2004, 01:06 AM
If i dont get the end of smackdown in by the time Aqua Teen Hunger Force is over I wont be posting it until around 6:00 A.M. eastern. I got to get up for work in 6 hours. If someone else gets it after i go to bed just post it and in the morning Ill move it up to the first post. thanks.

Joe Kerr
06-16-2004, 01:24 AM
*Luther Raines pinned Funaki. Raines warned that anyone who messes with Kurt Angle and has to go through him. Angle comes out and made Raines beat down Funkai.

*Torrie Wilson comes out dressed like Uncle Sam promoting the PPV.

*Backstage, Booker T is interviewed by Josh Matthews, saying he got screwed out of beating John Cena last week. Rene Dupree warned Booker that he better have Dupree's back tonight.

*In the ring right now is John Cena and Rob Van Dam vs. Rene Dupree and Booker T.

*Rob Van Dam & John Cena vs. Booker T & Rene Dupree - Cena and RVD ended up fighting during the bout after clearing the ring of the heels. The lights go out and Undertaker appears and is in the ring. He tombstones Cena. Paul Heyman and The Dudleys come out. It appears the show ends here.

After the show ends, The Dudleys try to shake Undertaker's hand. John Bradshaw Layfield comes out and after some banter, ends up chokeslam.

ilt_undertaker
06-16-2004, 01:30 AM
*note to self: Torrie Wilson= Margarita breaks*

I-Hate-You
06-16-2004, 02:07 AM
I'm starting to get sick of Kurt Angle.

#1-norm-fan
06-16-2004, 02:12 AM
DUDLEYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

After all this talk about how bad the tag divisions have been lately. Now the tag champs on each brand are The Dudleyz and La Resistance. Two ACTUAL tag teams have the titles. Incredible. Now let's just push La Resistance as an upper-midcard team and everything is perfect.

Wildcat789
06-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Right at the peak of Rico and Haas. They were so awesome, I can't believe you'd take the belts off them for the Dudley boyz- a team who hasn't done anything new for the last 8 years.

No Mordecai....

LK
06-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah where is Mordecai. It didn't sound like too bad a Smackdown. Sounded like an improvement from some recent efforts.

Innovator
06-16-2004, 02:53 PM
MMMMMMMMMM Elimination 4-way...GO RVD!!

RGWhat316
06-16-2004, 07:23 PM
SD doesn't sound too bad this week. Surprised to hear that the WWE actually announced out their own that JBL was fired by CNBC, but I'll bet they didn't say the actual reason why. And I heard that Taker v The Dudleyz was probably gonna happen, but I thought Taker would've turned on them by now. But it almost looks that Taker is gonna turn heel, tombstoning Cena is definitely a start.

Nowhere Man
06-16-2004, 07:28 PM
*They aired news footage about John Bradshaw Layfield being fired by CNBC. Layfield cut a promo in the ring saying that CNBC never called him, and that American media stinks because it focuses on the negative.....

Oh, for the love of Pete! Now HE's doing an anti-American gimmick, too?! How many cheap-heat gimmicks do we need?

Joe Kerr
06-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Officials at UPN were not pleased at all with the promo which John Bradshaw Layfield did at the Smackdown Tapings this week. In the promo, Bradshaw rips on CNBC for firing him, but it is unknown whether the promo was toned down or if it will be edited. We'll have more on this later on today if possible.

Back Stabbed
06-17-2004, 09:21 PM
Heh Smackdown! won't say why he got fired.

Lara Emily
06-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Oh, for the love of Pete! Now HE's doing an anti-American gimmick, too?! How many cheap-heat gimmicks do we need?

Yup, the promo was crap, boring crap. Put me to sleep. It's like he was told to cram as much cheap heta into 10-15 minutes that he possibly could.

The show itself was pretty decent though. Heyman makes anything he gets invovled in entertaining. I'm loving seeing The Undertaker under his control, it's great. Absolutely great. Kenzo looked better this week then last, I loved the lamost Tongan Death Grip he applied before hitting the STO (which looked much nicer this week). Chavo Classic vs Rey Jr was actually a pretty decent short match as well. Torrie Wilson was a waste of airtime but eh watever. The best part of the show was Heyman's Promo and the show of loyalty at the end of the show. Pretty decent show all and all, much better than RAW.

The CyNick
06-17-2004, 11:23 PM
I liked Bradshaw's promo, it was intense, and even though I dont agree with his politics, he is a man who has beliefs and sticks to them. Plus he put over his rage and how its going to relate to beating up Eddie at the PPV. I dont know, it worked for me.

Favre4Ever
06-18-2004, 12:50 AM
I'm with ya CyNick

Back Stabbed
06-18-2004, 01:41 AM
I'm with ya CyNick

Innovator
06-18-2004, 01:43 AM
I liked Bradshaw's promo, it was intense, and even though I dont agree with his politics, he is a man who has beliefs and sticks to them. Plus he put over his rage and how its going to relate to beating up Eddie at the PPV. I dont know, it worked for me.
preach it brother CyNick!

Loose Cannon
06-18-2004, 02:18 AM
Yeah, EXCELLENT EXCELLENT promo by Bradshaw. I absolutely loved the thing he about Sean Penn and when he asked the fan why he was booing the US soldiers. He's a great heel on the mic because haf the stuff he says is right and the fans hate that.

BTW: Did they do a proper sendoff for Chavo Classic like a hug and goodbye between the Chavo's???? I saw the match and they just cut to Luther Rains after Mysterio won. I was wondering if Chavo said goodbye after the commercials came back.

Kane Knight
06-18-2004, 03:48 AM

Sounds about right. Makes perfect sense...Right? RIGHT?

Kane Knight
06-18-2004, 03:50 AM
Heh Smackdown! won't say why he got fired.
Well, would you want to admit that your prodigal heel was off getting fired for something bad, when you could play it up as some invasion of his rigfhts?

Kane Knight
06-18-2004, 03:51 AM
Mordecai had a spot on the show. In a Vignette, he pointed the finger at Eddie Geurerro as the sinner he shall target.

Kane Knight
06-18-2004, 03:51 AM
The Bradshaw segment was kinda...Crap.

c4g2
06-18-2004, 03:52 AM
When was it good?

Kane Knight
06-18-2004, 03:56 AM
I said the segment.

:p

I kinda expected the worst, but hearing him rehash lines from his internet rantings, knowing that he was complaining about freedom of speech over a Nazi salute in another country, and the cheap heat of the "You're what's wrong with America!" bullshit made me want to go to sleep. I kinda wished I had.

I guess what I thought was the worst, and what really was the worst were two different things.

Kane Knight
06-18-2004, 03:57 AM
BTW, could you shorten your SN so it doesn't screw with the page?

c4g2
06-18-2004, 03:58 AM
SN? :?:

Kane Knight
06-18-2004, 03:59 AM
custom title. :p

Just hit the wrong abbreviation.

c4g2
06-18-2004, 04:03 AM
Custom title fixed.

Kane Knight
06-18-2004, 04:04 AM
Thanks.

:love:

Boondock Saint
06-18-2004, 04:10 AM
SD was OK this week.

darkpower
06-18-2004, 08:18 AM
SD was better than it has been in recent weeks. I like how they are going to try to make Taker a sort of "anti-heel", where he is doing heel things, but he doesn't really WANT to do them (or something like that). Something is giving me a bad feeling about this Live Free Or Die match that is being set up. Of course, the Buried Alive match more or less is a similar concept. But if the Taker's anti-heel gimmick works (and it's looking like it will be), we could eb looking at a Taker vs. Eddie program in the near future, maybe for Summerslam....HOPEFULLY!!

JBL's promo was good, too. I remember, during the Attitude era, the WWE took advantage of bad press that their stars got (remember when Wal Mart removed Al Snow's action figure because they thought his manniquin head reffered to a SEVERED one? They made that into an angle for a few weeks). This is what that reminded me of. Instead of whining and trying to cover it up, albiet a little bit misinformative of what EXACTLY happened that caused the bad press, they took it to their advantage to just FURTHER the gimmick. I thought this was an EXCELLENT job by the WWE to do this, and I wish they would do this more often when they DO get bad press.

Rey winning the Cruiser title was good, but does this mean we have to see countless MORE Rey vs. Chavo matches again? Does the WWE actually think those two are the only Cruiserweights on the whole ROSTER or something? The Dudley's winning the tag titles were something I could've lived without, but it could further the power-hungry Heyman angle along.

Luther Raines was somewhat impressive, but was too short to do him any justice, and too much of a jobber opponent (unfortunatly) in Funaki to boot.Give him a tougher opponent who could work a good match with him and we'll see what he can do. Suzuki was impressive once more, and, as always, I like his style, apperance, intensity,....AND HIS GIRL!! Oh my F'N GOD, is she EVER hot. But as much as I really want more info about his girl (and how she can become mine :love: ), I want to see an actual, full match with Mordecai that much more. Can they actually give him a televised match that he can actually use his REAL abilities instead of having to be rushed out there at the last minute?

But a pretty good show notherless, as it had seemed to improved last week, as well. Maybe SD is starting to gain back some of it's ground again, or at least started to find something that works with what they got right now. Maybe having the Undertaker back really DOES boost morale, since the show itself has improved.

Loose Cannon
06-18-2004, 11:59 AM
So did they give Classic a proper sendoff or not? Did they have the Chavo's saying goodbye to one another?

Lara Emily
06-18-2004, 12:34 PM
So did they give Classic a proper sendoff or not? Did they have the Chavo's saying goodbye to one another?
Nope

Loose Cannon
06-18-2004, 12:37 PM
ERRRRRRRRR. Bastards. Again with no closure. I read they did a hug on the spoilers, but I guess they didn't show it. Thanks Lara

OssMan
06-18-2004, 02:37 PM
Pisses me off that they just said JBL was fired from CNBC because he "had a big mouth."

ilt_undertaker
06-18-2004, 03:23 PM
I cried of sadness when Rico lost :'(
And I cried of joy when I saw The Undertaker Tombstone John Cena :love:

The Naitch
06-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Great I fell asleep during SD (4pm). I'm up so early in the morning that come 4pm I'm tired as fuck. Then I missed Rey winning the CW title :mad: I had things to do so I missed it at 8pm as well.

Kane Knight
06-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Pisses me off that they just said JBL was fired from CNBC because he "had a big mouth."
Like they're gonna say he was fired for beinga Nazi?

The dumbest part is they tried to make it sound like they just found out he was a wrestler.

Still, I think they should have gone with the war disability. Old war wound leaves his arm stiff (and his dick limp)

Kane Knight
06-18-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm finding myself caring less and less about WWE shows.