PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube LAN play

mitch_h
12-08-2003, 08:44 PM
I was just curious if anyone has had the chance to actually use the GC broadband adapter. I picked it up last Christmas and I have felt like the total sucker, since I have had it for a year but haven't had the chance to use it yet. However I did ask for Mario Kart Double Dash for Christmas and I was just curious how the LAN play is for that... or 1080 Avalanche.

Silent
12-08-2003, 10:08 PM
I've had the BB Adaptor since it came out, because I used to play Phantasy Star online.

I haven't tried the LAN play, but it's probably pretty fun since MK:DD is awesome on many levels, and I bet 1080 kicks ass. If you can find some friends who have a GC with a BB Adaptor and a movable TV, bring em over.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-09-2003, 02:33 AM
www.warppipe.com (http://www.warppipe.com)

road doggy dogg
12-09-2003, 11:28 AM
<font face="Comic Sans MS" size=3 color=99FF00><b>Yeah I'm getting Double Dash soon, I'll pick up the adapter as well.... then me you Hasney and Ant can play DD online or some crazy shit like that :D
</b></font>

MrMeJW
12-09-2003, 11:33 AM
the only downfall is you cant select your characters in double dash lan play

road doggy dogg
12-09-2003, 11:35 AM
<font face="Comic Sans MS" size=3 color=99FF00><b>What, why not :rant:

Yoshi 4 lyf :(
</b></font>

MrMeJW
12-09-2003, 11:43 AM
I don't know, they just don't let you do it. The game assigns you your characters. :mad:

Pegasus Crawford
12-09-2003, 12:31 PM
Considering how much people you can hook up & play through LAN, the chances of being able to pick the combo you want becomes very thin. So instead of having people fight over who takes what, they are just given 2 random characters with a random cart to avoid such confrontations.

mitch_h
12-09-2003, 12:53 PM
<font face="Comic Sans MS" size=3 color=99FF00><b>Yeah I'm getting Double Dash soon, I'll pick up the adapter as well.... then me you Hasney and Ant can play DD online or some crazy shit like that :D
</b></font>

:eek: That should be awesome...plus I won't have to worry about having the right version ;)

I think the random players is a little silly, just because It should be easy enough to come up with a compramise if you want a particular player. Especially if you are playing people you know. :meh:

MrMeJW
12-09-2003, 01:07 PM
Considering how much people you can hook up & play through LAN, the chances of being able to pick the combo you want becomes very thin. So instead of having people fight over who takes what, they are just given 2 random characters with a random cart to avoid such confrontations.
I think it was more of Nintendo not being able to figure out how to lock out the selection of one character on someone elses game whe someone picked them

G
12-09-2003, 01:52 PM
<font color=00ff00>They don't make a dial-up adaptor by any chance do they? I can just imagine the lag. :(</font>

Y2Ant
12-09-2003, 02:49 PM
<font face="Trebuchet MS" size=3 color=660099>Yeah, I can't wait to play some GC games online, I dunno how many of the games I have for my GC (or even PS2) can be used online though :o

mVd in the bullet car, Toad and Yoshi :heart:</font>

road doggy dogg
12-09-2003, 05:43 PM
:eek: That should be awesome...plus I won't have to worry about having the right version ;)

I think the random players is a little silly, just because It should be easy enough to come up with a compramise if you want a particular player. Especially if you are playing people you know. :meh:

<font face="Comic Sans MS" size=3 color=99FF00><b>Madden :D :cry:

Yeah I dunno... that site isn't like, an official Nintendo one though is it? I mean, surely if Nintendo intended to have the game be online, something like picking your own characters would be a given... otherwise that just seems really sloppy on their part :o
</b></font>