PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we should just understand...

Moonspell
06-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Hi everyone... I'm new here, and just trying to get noticed a bit. I recently just had a conversation with someone over Stone Cold, and figured I'd like a little bit of feedback on one part of the conversation.

royal_prince_forever: he has gone througha lot to be who he is today... i am glad he is making his return to wrestle at Wrestlemania 21
Delaina Shai: Heheh. Stone Cold definately got stale to me after the last few years. But, the whole wife beating thing's enlightened me.
Delaina Shai: THEY'RE BRINGING HIM BACK?
royal_prince_forever: yea
Delaina Shai: Those IDIOTS. Just trying to cash in on the money I know.. but good god.
Delaina Shai: Have morals.
Delaina Shai: I know lots of people like his character..
royal_prince_forever: Stone cold steve austin is my favorite wrestler ..too me i loved that he is coming back
Delaina Shai: But the guy has so many real life issues it's unbelievable.
royal_prince_forever: he has a good gimmick especially wiht Vince
Delaina Shai: Such as beating girlfriends/wives, drinking.
royal_prince_forever: but its not his fault
royal_prince_forever: if u listne to the guy
Delaina Shai: I try to separate the character from the man.
royal_prince_forever: u will udnerstand

So my questions are.... We need to understand why Stone Cold beats his wives/girlfriends, and all that mess? ... And why in the hell are they bringing him back again? I liked the image of the close up on the beer cans in the ring as he was making his 'final' leave. Maybe I'm just being entirely ignorant to that guy's statements up there, and it could be I have no sympathy and just dislike Austin, but really... let him stay gone, I say.

CheesyChaz
06-18-2004, 09:24 PM
I think he beats his girlfriends up because he is so used to being the "I-take-no-Sh*t" character from TV.It probably messed with his head and hes a bit confused.

loopydate
06-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Assuming you're "Shai," you're right.

WWE does not need someone with that kind of baggage, and Austin should be worried about professional help, not professional wrestling.

Moonspell
06-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Assuming you're "Shai," you're right.

WWE does not need someone with that kind of baggage, and Austin should be worried about professional help, not professional wrestling.

Well, the 'prince' guy I was debating with claims Austin's taking anger management now.

loopydate
06-18-2004, 09:38 PM
I hadn't heard that. If it's true, good for him, but he still shouldn't be making an in-ring return just yet. Maybe ever.

(Of course, you're talking to someone who got tired of Austin reeeeeeeal fast, so I have a bit of a jaded view.)

Moonspell
06-18-2004, 09:48 PM
I grew tired of him faster probably. Heh. He never caught my interest. But that prince guy is a huge Austin fan, so he could be making stuff up, I don't know. He scared me for a moment, the way he was talking about the Cruiserweight division... said things that could have come straight from Triple H, himself.

But Austin needs to stay gone. No Wrestlemania 21. No more RAW. No more nothing. I'm just sick of the "I'm finally leaving... my fans, I love you all." then he shows up about two, three weeks later.

Loose Cannon
06-18-2004, 10:08 PM
First of all, who said Austin would be back at Mania 21? I haven't heard that confirmed anywhere. It's June 18 right now, let's not talk about who's going to be at Mania 21 at least until January. I remember when they said Nash and Hogan would wrestle at Mania 20. Wrong.

And Austin is finished and he should not wrestle anymore

Nowhere Man
06-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Honestly, I'd much rather not see Austin return to wrestling at all (and this is coming from a BIG Austin mark)

He's had a pretty bad record of personal problems over the past few years, and became more of a hindrance than a help. The domestic abuse is pretty bad, and if he really is getting help for that, then more power to him. And let's not forget his big walkout in '02. Not only was that unprofessional and immature, but it probably set back the creative team's plans for some time.

Even if he does return, he can't wrestle like he used to, maybe not even at all. His neck injury kept him out of the ring since Mania 19, and his Co-GM/Sherriff segments did more to hurt careers than help (particularly Jericho, Christian, and Lance "Borrrrrrriiiiiiing" Storm)

I'd much rather remember Austin as the phenominal performer he was in his heyday ('97-'98) than Austin as the liability he'd become.

FourFifty
06-18-2004, 11:21 PM
<font color=cyan>Welcome to Tpww.net... please make sure to insult JBL at least once a a week :rofl:

Kane Knight
06-18-2004, 11:24 PM
Yeah. Austin will never be like we remember him. He was crippling other peoples' careers in the Sherriff gimmick.

Edge
06-18-2004, 11:30 PM
I think I just saw him at the local pub.

Moonspell
06-19-2004, 12:01 AM
<font color=cyan>Welcome to Tpww.net... please make sure to insult JBL at least once a a week :rofl:

Haha. Thanks. I make sure to make something in reference to JBL and JR once a week. Especially JR. :lol:

And, the guy who is claiming an Austin return for Mania 21 says his father works for the WWE up in Connecticut. Plus he says he's going to try and get another interview with Austin. And c'mon, it's the internet, don't we believe everything everyone says? :shifty: Of course not.

FourFifty
06-19-2004, 12:06 AM
Haha. Thanks. I make sure to make something in reference to JBL and JR once a week. Especially JR. :lol:

And, the guy who is claiming an Austin return for Mania 21 says his father works for the WWE up in Connecticut. Plus he says he's going to try and get another interview with Austin. And c'mon, it's the internet, don't we believe everything everyone says? :shifty: Of course not.
<font color=cyan>
On the internet, know one knows if you're really Brock Lesar or JBL seeking out internet fans to kill. Thus, unless it comes from a credible source, or you meet the dude's dad face to face, there's a 90 percent chance of hot air with a storm of bullsh</I>it.

LK
06-19-2004, 01:37 PM
First of all welcome to tpww.net. As far as Austin goes, he was one of my favourites but now I quite frankly hope he never returns. Austin has too many personal problems in his lifethat he needs to sort out. His sheriff character was just pure crap and he would just randomly attack superstars who could never attack him so they would just lose credibility.

Kane Knight
06-19-2004, 01:40 PM
And Austin's personal problems have pretty clearly affected his ability to perform.

HankScorpio
06-19-2004, 02:12 PM
^
in the ring or in the sack? if its the latter no wonder he's so pissed off all the time

Kane Knight
06-19-2004, 02:36 PM
Most violence comes out of sexual frstration. as a result, the single testicled Hitler killed millions of Jews and tried to take over the world.

Be thankful Austin just can't get a beer boner anymore.

Joe Kerr
06-19-2004, 02:53 PM
First off :wave: IM the picture guy and latly seem to be the news guy....youll learn that in the next few weeks.

Second there has been no confirmation of the WWE bringing him back. I beleive I had a thread up about a week ago over this. The feeling is that Austin doesnt draw like he use to and giving him a high paying contract like he wants, they feel isnt in there best intrest.. I agree with that, Him not wrestling and just giving off stunners whenever has made him lose ring credibility, Granted when and IF Austin does return, Many will mark out that first night much like the Rock

http://www.wwefanclub.ne.jp/superstars/raw_stars/stone_colde.jpg
http://www.wwe-germany.net/assets/images/r5uxtra.jpg
http://www.wwe-germany.net/assets/images/r20j.jpg

Mayo
06-19-2004, 03:12 PM
Honestly, I'd much rather not see Austin return to wrestling at all (and this is coming from a BIG Austin mark)

He's had a pretty bad record of personal problems over the past few years, and became more of a hindrance than a help. The domestic abuse is pretty bad, and if he really is getting help for that, then more power to him. And let's not forget his big walkout in '02. Not only was that unprofessional and immature, but it probably set back the creative team's plans for some time.

Even if he does return, he can't wrestle like he used to, maybe not even at all. His neck injury kept him out of the ring since Mania 19, and his Co-GM/Sherriff segments did more to hurt careers than help (particularly Jericho, Christian, and Lance "Borrrrrrriiiiiiing" Storm)

I'd much rather remember Austin as the phenominal performer he was in his heyday ('97-'98) than Austin as the liability he'd become.

I have to spread more rep, yadda yadda.

Joe Kerr
06-19-2004, 03:14 PM
I have to spread more rep, yadda yadda.
better be spreading that love to me. :naughty:

Londoner
06-19-2004, 07:50 PM
It just makes me sick to think austin might return.That's all i got to say.