PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Indy

targo_the_sho_stopa
06-21-2004, 07:59 AM
Ok, what I wanna know is, who are your top 5 fave Indy wrestlers that will probably NEVER get a shot in the WWE.
Mine are:
Raven
AJ Styles
Christopher Daniels
Amazing Red
Low Ki

Worthy mentions :- BJ Whitmer, Chad Collyer, Doug Williams

Let me know what you think

HankScorpio
06-21-2004, 08:00 AM
those are all in TNA aren't they?

targo_the_sho_stopa
06-21-2004, 08:11 AM
mainly, BJ, CC and Doug are usually in ROH, Raven sometimes wrestles for MLW, Red, AJ, Daniels and Low Ki sometimes work for ROH as well.

HankScorpio
06-21-2004, 08:14 AM
I just thought they were old taped shows. I didn't think it was new stuff on TWC

blake639raw
06-21-2004, 09:58 AM
AJ Styles
Raven
Jerry Lynn
Ron Killings
Christopher Daniels

The Mackem
06-21-2004, 10:03 AM
AJ Styles
Christopher Daniels
Teddy Hart
Raven
CM Punk

LK
06-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Raven
AJ Styles
Low Ki
Christopher Daniels
Jerry Lynn

HankScorpio
06-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Raven
Jerry Lynn
Christopher Daniels
Teddy Hart
AJ Styles

Londoner
06-21-2004, 12:01 PM
I think the shows are recent ones, ive seen ones advertised for this month and last month for example, can't remember the dates but they're quite recent,only problem they repeat them shows over and over

mitch_h
06-21-2004, 12:29 PM
1. Samoa Joe
2. CM Punk
3. Alex Shelley
4. AJ Styles
5. Izzy

HeartBreakMan2k
06-21-2004, 12:43 PM
1. AJ Styles
2. Christopher Daniels
3. Jerry Lynn
4. The Briscoes
5. Raven

HankScorpio
06-21-2004, 12:45 PM
I think the shows are recent ones, ive seen ones advertised for this month and last month for example, can't remember the dates but they're quite recent,only problem they repeat them shows over and over

everytime I turn TWC on it seems to be the same ROH stuff, at the moment I'm really liking the TNA shows though

Kazara
06-22-2004, 06:11 AM
1. Samoa Joe
2. CM Punk
3. Alex Shelley
4. AJ Styles
5. Izzy

Exactly what Mitch said.

Maybe throw in Teddy Hart and Colt Cobana as Honorable Mentions.

Londoner
06-22-2004, 06:46 PM
everytime I turn TWC on it seems to be the same ROH stuff, at the moment I'm really liking the TNA shows though

Same here, ive turned over to it atleast 10 times when RoH has been on and tis been the same match each time...xavier V Samoa Joe i think for the RoH title...Samoa Joe won it(i think thats his name, i ain't educated on indy feds :| )

Dave Youell
06-23-2004, 12:15 PM
I still dont see what the big deal is about Samoa Joe, he's not really done anything to impress me, granted i've only seen a few matches.

As far as guys like Raven and CM Punk go the gimmick is better than the wrestler, they both have really good gimmicks and mic skills and to be honest, average wrestling skills, not to say that I wouldn't pay to see them, because i would. but as far as wrestling talent goes, i don't feel they are that great.

My top 5 would be:

1. AJ Styles
2. Doug Williams
3. Sonjay Dutt
4. Low Ki
5. Amazing Red

Honarables: Special K (just cos they crack me up)

Ferocious
06-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Styles
Low Ki
Bryan Danielson
Christopher Daniels
Abyss

The Mackem
06-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Doug Williams and Sonjay Dutt just missed out on my list.

I haven't seen much of The Amazing Red. I saw him in a scramble tag match the other night with S.A.T and two other guys and I wasn't overly impressed with him. Plus he's got a move that's just a rip off of Rey Mysterio's called the 720 or something. Maybe he's better in singles competition.

Nowhere Man
06-23-2004, 12:50 PM
AJ Styles
Raven
Jerry Lynn
Ron Killings
Christopher Daniels

Thanks for posting that so I don't have to. My exact top 5 in that exact order. Trippy.

Dave Youell
06-23-2004, 06:30 PM
Doug Williams and Sonjay Dutt just missed out on my list.

I haven't seen much of The Amazing Red. I saw him in a scramble tag match the other night with S.A.T and two other guys and I wasn't overly impressed with him. Plus he's got a move that's just a rip off of Rey Mysterio's called the 720 or something. Maybe he's better in singles competition.
Yeah, that match wasn't really a great example of Red's moveset.

Yes, there are many things that relate to Rey, but he's got lots of other stuff that he can do, but you can't really show in a 10 man scramble match.

the other guys on SAT/Red team were divine Storm

HeartBreakMan2k
06-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Am I the only person who isn't really fond of Lo Ki? I mean I think he's a good worker, but I don't think he's incredible.

Nowhere Man
06-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Am I the only person who isn't really fond of Lo Ki? I mean I think he's a good worker, but I don't think he's incredible.

You're not alone. IMO aside from the uber-stiff kicks, Low-Ki jobs to Daniels in just about all respects.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-23-2004, 07:51 PM
His kicks are one of my gripes, he's stiff to the point that it could potentially be dangerous. That's not what wrestling is about. I mean Angle and Benoit are stiff, but shit not that stiff.

The Mackem
06-24-2004, 05:25 AM
I thought he was cool when I first saw him but as you see him more and more his coolness goes down a bit mainly because you know he's working so stiff. He's only young though, so he can only get better and maybe less stiff :shifty:

Still better than a lot of people on WWE's roster(s).