PDA

View Full Version : Christian/Benoit Feud Thought.

Loose Cannon
06-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Okay, let's pretend for a minute that HHH isn't in the World Title picture. I hear his movie got delayed, so he's not going anywhere. But let's say HHH goes off to work a program with someone else, but Benoit, for a while.

Okay, now with Michaels also gone, Benoit would need an opponent. I for one would like to see Christian put right into a feud with Benoit for the World Title. Christian had been getting some great heel heat for the last couple of months on Raw and I'll even go as far to say he might of been Raw's #1 heel. Christian is great on the mic and he can work great matches, especially with an opponent like Benoit. Benoit would of course go over, but it would give Christian the boost he needs and get him out of the mid cards for a while.

Now you might say Christian is not ready for a World Title shot. Well the WWE gave Holly a World Title program with Brock and gave Bradshaw a World Title program with Eddie. Christian is a hell of a lot better then those two and I think he deserves a chance. I can really see a good feud coming out of this. I would like to see it taking place after Summerslam, if Benoit retains, and Christian would attack Benoit on Raw setting up the feud. Or maybe even set it up before Summerslam where Christian would come out and demand a shot at the title or something.

It would be something fresh and unlike Benoit/Kane, people might actually care about it. What do you think??

Anybody Thrilla
06-21-2004, 06:07 PM
I totally agree. Actually, I'd almost say that without Triple H or HBK, Christian is the next logical choice. Unless you wanna count Jericho. But as far as the traditional heel vs. face (with Kane just losing his shot), Christian should be next.

Favre4Ever
06-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Good ideas LC....... in my opinion, Christian, Matt Hardy, and most definitly the Dudleyz(Dancing Bubba Ray/ Reverend D-Von) have never really been able to convincingly break out of the tag team stigma. They're the kinda of guys who always need a stable with them(the Version 1.0 group, Batista for D-Von,and Tomko/Stratus for Christian). I think what i'm trying to say is no matter how many times Christian (and Edge... man,especially Edge) win the Intercontinental Title, there's a glass ceiling there waiting for them thats gonna be a bitch to break through.

Jericho for Title Shot!!!!

The Naitch
06-21-2004, 06:12 PM
no, Jericho should be next contender, regardless if they're both faces. One should turn heel after the match or during the buildup. Like Christian could help Benoit, or something else.

Danny Electric
06-21-2004, 06:13 PM
I'd like to see that feud. Christian plays a great heel, possibly one of the best in the WWE at the moment.
:)

Loose Cannon
06-21-2004, 06:17 PM
To Hulkamania: Actually, I don't see Xtian as a tag team guy anymore. These past few months, he has seemingly broken away from that staple. He now reminds me of a young Shawn Michaels right after the whole Rockers split thing.

To Naitch: Christian has been way more entertaining then Jericho the past few months IMO. I think Xtian deserves the shot even though Jericho did beat him in the cage on Raw. I don't think Jericho would go heel and I really don't want to see a babyface match. Maybe,and this is a BIG MAYBE, Jericho comes out and helps Eugene tonight setting up a Jericho/HHH feud again, which will FINALLY cultimate in Jericho going over Trips as a babyface.

LK
06-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Some of you may have noticed in some of my recent posts that I have been saying that Christian should be a main event player and a feud with Benoit for the World Title or HBK in a feud like the HBK vs Y2J feud can establish him as a main event wrestler. He just needs that one feud or that one match to prove it.

The Naitch
06-21-2004, 06:26 PM
To LC: We've been DYING to see Jericho go over Trips ever since "The Match that never happened in 2000", but I doubt that Jericho will EVER go over Trips anytime soon.

Xero
06-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Here's something interesting, which might work out well...

Continue the Jericho/Christian feud (Face vs. Heel respectivly) after Christian returns, then, have Christian start ANOTHER feud with Benoit while still in the feud with Jericho... Have Jericho cost Christian a big match with Benoit, then have a rematch where Jericho will again attack, but hit Benoit by mistake... Thus, we have a Jericho/Christian/Benoit feud... Have them feud, eventually moving Jericho or Christian out of the picture, and having a straight up singles feud... Prehaps keep Jericho in the feud after Christian has established himself, and have Christian go on to feud with a main event face, prehaps HBK...

I dunno, but if done right, it could work out I think...

Joe Kerr
06-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Jericho and Benoit always put on good matches. I think RAW is in need for some Good matches. Benoit and Christian might work. I dont think they fought each other since TLC 3.

The CyNick
06-21-2004, 08:36 PM
It would have been a good idea right after Mania when Christian got the rub from beating Jericho and stealing Trish at Mania. However, since Mania they didn't really do much for him, and he ultimately lost the feud with Jericho, so it wouldn't be logical for him to be #1 contender. Besides that, he's still hurt, with no timetable for his return.

However, if they wanted to give him another push, I think he would need a big win over an established face, such as HBK. Then I could see Christian as a legit contedner for the World Title. Whats good is that Christian is a good enough worker where he wouldn't need to beat Benoit in order to get over.

Of course we all know Hunter will be champ very soon, and Benoit will be relegated to the mid card. But its fun to dream.