PDA

View Full Version : The Seahawks are the unluckiest franchise in pro sports history.

#1-norm-fan
12-24-2003, 03:57 AM
So I was just thinking. Like 3 years ago, Seattle has a game against the Jets. If they win, they're in the playoffs. If they lose, they're out. Vinny Tesdaverde, with no time left on the clock gets stopped INCREDIBLY short of the goal line but in the worst call ever, is given the TD. This leads to the advent of instant replay.

Now this season, they look like they should probably win the NFC West. They go into Baltimore and because of the whole "magic timeout" late in the game, they lose. A couple weeks later, they go into St. Louis and are looking to score the winning TD when Bobby Engram trips over the referee!!! And now there is a good chance that they won't even make the playoffs.

And people talk about the Red Sox being cursed!

DaveWadding
12-24-2003, 04:00 AM
maybe its those godawful uniforms...

Kris P Lettus
12-24-2003, 04:05 AM
*cough*The Saints*cough*

We've been snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for 30+ years...

:nono:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-24-2003, 04:25 AM
Ya World Series...........1918

El Santo
12-24-2003, 04:57 AM
Mmm... Apparently you are unfamiliar with the infamous Detroit Lions.

This is coming from somebody in Seattle who is a fan of both teams, btw. :shifty:

And, yes, the new Seahawks uniforms blow. Immensely.

MoRcHeEbA
12-24-2003, 04:59 AM
I doubt he would have caught that ball when he tripped over the ref anyways. :meh: he was in triple coverage.

#1-norm-fan
12-24-2003, 05:03 AM
Difference between the Lions and Seahawks is that Seattle has actually come cose to being successful only to have crazy things happen to prevent it. Detroit has just been bad.

The Miz
12-24-2003, 09:54 AM
what the hell assholes, seahawks have the hottest uni's. shut up wadding.

and yes, we are the red sox of the nfl. i don't think i was ever madder about a sports thing then that jets game.

Optik
12-24-2003, 10:05 AM
What about the Dolphins? Personally I think they have one of the best teams in the league, yet they always find some way to mess up their season. Look at the 2002 season, they had 6 players going to the probowl, then they also had two players up for MVP, Ricky Williams and Jason Taylor and they still didnt even make it into the playoffs. This year Ogunleye is on fire and Taylor is just shortly behind him. They have an amazing secondary as always, they just cant seem to make it anywhere. :|

DaveWadding
12-24-2003, 10:12 AM
Fiedler is a choker and Griese is not any better. Fins dont have a viable 2nd wide out....did I mention Fiedler is a choke artist?

AareDub
12-24-2003, 10:28 AM
I have to agree with Travis, I like the new Seahawks uniforms.

*runs away*

The Miz
12-24-2003, 10:41 AM
the dolphins blow ass. great individual defensive players but shitty overall defense.

fiedler and grise both suck, unless ricky gets 500000 carries a game the offense won't go anywhere.

PsychoSport
12-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Let's not forget about Hasselbeck being manhandled and thrown to the ground well after he threw the ball to Engram, and there being no call on the play.

Booooooooooo.

PsychoSport
12-24-2003, 01:26 PM
What about the Dolphins? Personally I think they have one of the best teams in the league, yet they always find some way to mess up their season. Look at the 2002 season, they had 6 players going to the probowl, then they also had two players up for MVP, Ricky Williams and Jason Taylor and they still didnt even make it into the playoffs. This year Ogunleye is on fire and Taylor is just shortly behind him. They have an amazing secondary as always, they just cant seem to make it anywhere. :|

But what does that have to do with luck?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-24-2003, 01:38 PM
Let's not forget about Hasselbeck being manhandled and thrown to the ground well after he threw the ball to Engram, and there being no call on the play.

Booooooooooo.
Yea what was up with that?

I didnt see the play, I just see him getting tossed well after the play by one of the Rams Defenselineman

The Rams must still be bitter about the 20-17 defeat a few years ago :cool:

Lotus
12-24-2003, 02:46 PM
I never looked at like that, but it does make sense. And they won't be going to the playoffs this year either because the Niners will rape them. Sure the Seahawks might be unlucky, but they aren't that good of a team. Sure, there might have been that magical timeout against Baltimore, but still, even if there wasn't that magical timeout, they still would have given up 34 or 38 points to a 3rd-String QB, Anthony Wright. This Anthony Wright and his Ravens only put up 12 against a sorry-ass Raiders team (yes, I love the Raiders, but they suck this year). This is the same Raiders team that goes out the next week and lets Favre put up 41 against them. Favre might be very good, but those corners and safeties just looked awful.

I guess I kinda digressed from the point, but let's get back on topic. As unlucky as the Seahawks are, they shouldn't go to the playoffs. The Rams (split with Seattle, but that loss to Seattle came when the team was in total disarray), Niners (I don't care about their record, they are still a dangerous team and should have beat the Seahawks in Seattle if it wasn't for a missed PAT), Vikings (creamed Seattle this year), Packers (creamed Seattle this year as well), Panthers, Eagles, and Cowboys are all better than Seattle. There are seven teams better than Seattle, and that leaves no space for Seattle in the NFC Playoff picture.

Oh and BTW, their unis freakin' rule, especially their roadies.

The Outlaw
12-24-2003, 03:10 PM
Yeah they are pretty unlucky.

Engram tripping over the ref. BOOOO. What the **** was the ref thinking?

Also, the rape of Hasselbeck after the pass was pathetic.

Guest #1
12-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Although I love the Seahawks, much as I hate to admit it, a team has to be bad enough to be unlucky.

If a team can lose a game in the last plays, then they were not good enough to break away and take the victory, or playoff spot.

Yes, the Jets play, Raven's Timeout, and the whole last minute of the Rams game were unlucky, but it wouldn't matter if the team was up 20+ points.

That said, Seattle should have a monster team next season *hope*

BCWWF
12-24-2003, 04:55 PM
I like Seattle's uniforms

Kid Robb
12-24-2003, 07:10 PM
New Jersey Nets.

Sold Dr.J, went balls up from there until Jason Kidd walked through the door, and even then all they did was run into Big, Little and Phil and get their arses handed to them.