PDA

View Full Version : Dancer in the Dark

Triple A
06-25-2004, 07:45 AM
Wow this has to be one of the saddest movies I have ever seen. In fact, probably the second saddest (behind Lilja 4-ever). Real, real powerful stuff.

The movie actually stars Bjork in one of the most amazing performances I have ever seen. Seriously, wow.

It's about a woman who has a disease that is causing her to go blind. She has a young son, who also has the disease, and she works in a factory all day to save up for an operation for him so he won't end up like her. Anyway, she gets fucked over so badly and just a bunch of really depressing shit happens. Don't wanna spoil anything.

Really emotional movie. 10/10. :'(

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0168629/

Shaved Monkey
06-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Now try watching The Sound of Music, it will never be the same again after Dancer in the Dark.

Boomer
06-25-2004, 03:16 PM
Thom Yorke from Radiohead and Bjork have an amazing duet on the soundtrack. Will try and check it out.

Arashi Kage
06-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Last year in my university film class, I saw that film, I wasn't crazy about it. But it certainly is a different film.

Guest #1
06-27-2004, 06:12 PM
I'm really not one for Dogma style of film making. I would rather watch a film with the camera being oblivious to the viewer. I also have issues with the Strawmanning of Bjork's character, I think she was martyred by the story line and that kind of cheated out emotions towards her. But given that, yes Bjork did a wonderful job acting and she is a presence. It was sad, but not up their with the likes of Ole Yeller, Graveyard of the Fireflies or House of Sand and Fog. IMO