PDA

View Full Version : LC's Random Wrestling Moment of the Day: 6/25/04

Loose Cannon
06-25-2004, 12:36 PM
And we're back for another addition of one of my random wrestling moments of the day. Tommorrow I'll do a different company. Anyway, here you go:

Mr Perfect Returns: Survivor Series 92

One of my favorite babyface turns of all-time. It all started when the main event for Survivor Series 92 was suppossed to be Ultimate Warrior and Savage taking on the pair of Ric Flair and Razor Ramon. But incredibly, Ultimate Warrior had a few disagreements with management and soon left the company. The WWF needed a replacement for Warrior to tag with Savage and they chose Mr. Perfect.

Perfec's face turn occured on a episode of Prime Time Wrestling. I don't really remember the show all that well, but I remember they had a talk show-like setting and sitting around a table were Vince McMahon, Hilbilly Jim, Jim Duggan, Bobby Heenan and Mr.Perfect. Randy Savage would phone in and tell everyone who he had in mind for his new partner now that Warrior was gone. Savage said he had the "Perfect" partner and Perfect and Heenan just started laughing when he said this as they new what he meant. Then Savage finally said he wanted "Mr. Perfect" as his partner.

Heenan thought that Perfect wouldn't even think about it and there was no way he would accept. When Perfect started to think about whether or not to be Savage's partner, Heenan got pissed and beraded Perfect. Heenan said that he and Perfect obey and take orders from Flair and tht's it. After listening to Heenan talk, Perfect stood up and said he was sick and tired of people making decision's for him and ACCEPTED Savage's offer. Heenan then stood up and asked Perfect what was the matter with him and then proceeded to smack him in the face. Perfect then grabbed Heenan and said that Heenan was to never put his hands on him. Perfect said that Heenan has held him back all those years and that Flair was walking in Perfect's shadow. Then he grabbed a jug of water and dumped it on Heenan and declared he was back.

Even though Perfect was going to be in the corner of Savage, I was a little skeptical, and I'm sure others were, if whether or not Perfect would actually stay with Savage and not turn on him. Perfect had been a heel ever since he entered the WWF and he was the kind of guy that would never seen to be a good guy. But IMO, those are the best babyfaces. And remember Perfect had been feuding with Savage, along with Heenan and Flair, for most of 92. Would Mr. Perfect swerve us all and double cross Savage? We were about to find out.

In an interview right before the big match, Savage said that he really didn't like Perfect and he didn't trust him, but he knew he was the best partner to go against Flair and Razor. HMMMM, I don't know if I would declare that I hated my partner five seconds before a major match, but that's Savage for you.

Perfect enters the arena to a nice welcome back pop from the crowd. The match was a good one. The audience popped the first time Perfect and Flair faced off in the match. Perfect would get the best of him though, pounding Flair all throughout the ring. Savage then came in and got his ass beat for like 20 minutes. Seriously, he really got his ass beat. Flair and Razor took turns doing a number on the Macho Man. Savage hurt his knee during the match as Flair saw this as an oppurtunity to work on the knee for the figure four. (BTW: Savage hurt his knee at Mania 8 too, did he carry this injury over to the Survivor Series? If so, that's some great psycology)

Pivitol Moment: Savage had been in there for a while and Perfecr got pissed that Savage was getting his ass beat. Perfect jumped off the ring apron and proceeds to walk out on Savage. Heenan was saying that Perfect was stabbing Savage in the back. I knew this would happen. But then, Perfect had second thoughts and returned to the ring to the delight of the fans.This was the moment that really solified his babyface turn. Here you have a long time heel in Perfect who could've walked out on his partner, but decided to stick with Savage to the end. Great Stuff.

Eventually, Savage tags Perfect and Perfect goes crazy and takes out both Flair and Razor. Flair nails Savage with a chair. Razor goes for the Razor's Edge on Perfect, but Perfect reverses and hits the Perfect Plex. Flair breaks the count, but he gets nailed with a Perfect Plex. Double Team on Perfect and Flair locks in the Figure Four on Perfect. Savage goes for a chair and hands it to Perfect, who nails Flair with it. Perfect then gives Razor a chairshot and the heels leave. The ref awards the match to Perfect and Savage on account of a DQ. (I think because of all the double teaming by Razor and Flair at the end) Perfect and Savage slap hands at the end and leave the arena together.

Afterwards: Perfect would go on to beat Ric Flair in a loser leaves the WWF match and would fight Michales for the IC Title at Summerslam 93, which he lost by countout. But all in all, I loved Perfect as a babyface and he really became one of my all-time favorites after this. Until next time, RKO and Out. :)

c4g2
06-25-2004, 12:40 PM
:y:

2nd post with no Randy Orton.

c4g2
06-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Adding on to my previous post.

Did you really type this out yourself? It must have taken at least 20 min. I know I wouldn't spend 20 min typnig this out.

I'm repping you for this, although it may not have much effect.

c4g2
06-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Triple post. :cool:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Loose Cannon again."

Sorry dude.

Ferocious
06-25-2004, 12:51 PM
This thread is Perfect, (Pun intended)

The Mackem
06-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Yeah that was great Loose CAnnon, I didn't know how that turn was done to be honest. I've got Royal Rumble 93 on VHS and the lose leaves WWF match is on my PC so it's nice to know how it all came about. :Y:

Corkscrewed
06-25-2004, 01:35 PM
RIP Curt Hennig. Mr. Perfect was awesome, and that was a great recap! :y: :y: :y:

Wildcat789
06-25-2004, 01:42 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Loose Cannon again.

Goldbird
06-25-2004, 01:46 PM
Bah, the font colour sucks :( Otherwise it was a great read :y: classic wrestling moment

The Naitch
06-25-2004, 01:49 PM
RANDOM THOUGHT

Fifi is NOT Fifi

Why?

At first, on RAW, Fifi was white. Now on Smackdown, Fifi is BLACK!

Ferocious
06-25-2004, 01:53 PM
RANDOM THOUGHT

Fifi is NOT Fifi

Why?

At first, on RAW, Fifi was white. Now on Smackdown, Fifi is BLACK!
Racist

ColdwaVer
06-25-2004, 02:08 PM
Perfect said that Heenan has held him back all those years and that Flair was walking in Perfect's shadow. Then he grabbed a jug of water and dumped it on Heenan and declared he was back.

...and proceeded to call Heenan "wet weasel." :lol:

Just a bit of info for anyone concerned... the "talking round the table" format for PTW was used in it's last few weeks before Raw was introduced. Before that there was a combination of Bobby Heenan and some cohost, ususally Vince McMahon or Sean Mooney (although Gorilla Monsoon took the show once.) It took place in front of a live audience that sometimes was invited to ask questions and make comments. Wrestlers would appear on the show to promote and sometimes further their feuds, or to bring the fans up to speed on injury progression. And occasionally Hillbilly Jim would do a musical number.
And before that the show was Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon (and I think Piper before him) behind a desk talking about the latest news and developments.

Dirtyunderweartaker
06-25-2004, 10:19 PM
EH, "TOO MUCH" TO READ. PLUS MR. PERFECTS DEAD, RIP

Ferocious
06-25-2004, 10:38 PM
EH, "TOO MUCH" TO READ. PLUS MR. PERFECTS DEAD, RIP Tit :nono:

Loose Cannon
06-25-2004, 10:39 PM
EH, "TOO MUCH" TO READ. PLUS MR. PERFECTS DEAD, RIP

WOW, YOU ARE A FK'N MORON. YOU LIKE HOW I TYPED THAT??? BTW: THIS RELPY ISN'T JUST STEMMING FROM THIS POST, BUT FROM ALL OF YOU'RE OTHER SH** POSTS.

Ferocious
06-25-2004, 10:42 PM
WOW, YOU ARE A FK'N MORON. YOU LIKE HOW I TYPED THAT??? BTW: THIS RELPY ISN'T JUST STEMMING FROM THIS POST, BUT ALL OF YOU'RE OTHER SH** POSTS.
Almost the best post ever, Certified.

Ferocious
06-25-2004, 11:20 PM
At this time Hennig and Savage looked as follows ;)

LK
06-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Mr Perfect was an all time great RIP. Another great read LC.