PDA

View Full Version : WWE Cruiserweights

c4g2
06-25-2004, 01:05 PM
Here are the cruiserweights in WWE (fairly accurate)

Akio
Paul London
Jamie Noble
Billy Kidman
Rey Mysterio
Chavo Guerrero
Funaki
Tajiri
Hurricane
Sakoda
Shannon Moore
Spike Dudley
Nunzio
Orlanto Jordan
Scotty 2 Hotty
Stevie Richards
Ultimo Dragon

I know this sounds helluva difficult, but try to rank them from favourites to dislike. If you still have time to spare, state reasons. My list -

1. Rey Mysterio

Cool in the ring. Practically floats in the air. Also current Cruierweight champion.

2. Paul London

Need I say more?

3. Hurricane

Vertebreaker. Awesome gimmick. Need I say more?

4. Billy Kidman

Classic cruiser, and is topped off by the Shooting Star Press. Former cruiserweight champion.

5. Jamie Noble

Same quality as Billy Kidman, and would have topped him if not for his very unCruiser-like finishing move, Tiger Bomb. Put on 5-star matches with Kidman.

6. Shannon Moore

I am impressed by this guy. He can hold his own beside heavyweights (Nathan Jones, A-train) and even defeated A-train with an impressive sunset flip. :y:

7. Tajiri

Has some pretty sick moves (kick to head, tarantula, mist). Was once Cruiserweight champion. Pity he's rotting in Raw.

8. Chavo Guerrero

Is over with the crowd. Combines technical wrestling with classic cruiserweight action. Former cruiserweight champion.

9. Spike Dudley

I'm hard-pressed to say anything good about him. He's an awesome seller (hear him yelling when someone gives him a chop), can string together some moves. :-\

10. Funaki

Has potential, but stuck in jobber hell. Potentially a top cruiserweight.

11. Scotty 2 Hotty

Classic underdog, over with the crowd. Also jobber forever.

12. Nunzio

Doesn't impress, except for the occasional crossbody.

I didn't include Ultimo Dragon, Orlanto Jordan, Akio, Sakoda and Stevie Richards in the list because I have not seen much action from them.

Comments? :D

Ferocious
06-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Non-Jobber thread go you, Will post a list later on.

Corkscrewed
06-25-2004, 01:17 PM
AKIO
Oh yeah, just forget the best Cruiser in the WWE. :D He has some amazing top rope moves, lethal kicks, and just flies.

Paul London
Why oh why won't they let him do the stuff he can do so well???

Rey Mysterio
Too bad he's been slowed down by injuries and management. That's the only reason he's third.

Ultimo Dragon
A legend in the ring who's aged but still can do it... if only they'd let him.

Chavo Guerrero
Great ring tactician, awesome charisma, can do a bit of everything.

Hurricane
Another great Cruiser who's mired in the pit of RAW, he's got a great gimmick but would be a lot higher if they let him do his stuff.

Billy Kidman
Has talent, terrible heel, but can do some nice stuff. Overrated SSP.

Jamie Noble
Great worker, entertaining, but not exactly a high flyer.

Tajiri
Lethal kicks of doom! Awesome in ECW.

Nunzio
Brilliant mat technician.

Funaki
SmackDOWN... Numba ONE Announcer!

Shannon Moore
Would be higher if he could do what he supposedly can do, but I haven't seen him in any spectacular matches.

Sakoda
Haven't seen anything impressive from him.

Spike Dudley
Reduced to a pathetic scrawny jobber.

Orlanto Jordan
Yawn. He's not a Cruiser, is he?

Scotty 2 Hotty
He really really annoys me.

OssMan
06-25-2004, 01:34 PM
Paul London

Amazing.

Rey Mysterio

Always something different.

Ultimo Dragon

Misused

Orlando Jordan

Saw his debut live :cool:

Tajiri

Have always liked him.

Akio

Good high flyer from what I've seen.

Hurricane

Also misused, his gimmick with Rosey is boring.

Funaki

Could be a good wrestler if booked in a proper match.

Spike Dudley

Kind of pathetic, can't seem to win a match by himself, cleanly.

Chavo Guerrero

Good cruiserweight, tired of him getting title shots though.

Shannon Moore

Doesn't do much for me.

Jamie Noble

Stale

Scotty 2 Hotty

Retard. Can't carry a good match, finisher sucks, I don't understand why people cheer him.

Billy Kidman

Cannot stand him. Don't like his work, he can't do a shooting star press correctly, I hate those crappy shorts that he wears, his ass is huge, his music makes me want to punch him in the face, and he is married to Torrie Wilson.

Wildcat789
06-25-2004, 01:46 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to c4g2 again.

c4g2
06-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Bah.

Corkscrewed
06-25-2004, 01:48 PM
How the fuck can you rank O Jordan anywhere near the top ten, Assman?

James Steele
06-25-2004, 01:48 PM
1.Ultimo Dragon:The best CW to ever be in the WWE. He is can wrestle any style and does it very well. Makes me wonder more and more why i haven't just screamed "F*CK YOU VINCE...AND YOUR LITTLE WHORE DAUGHTER TOO!" :lol:

2.Jamie Noble:Great mat wrestler and pretty good mic skills. My favorite CW in WWE right now (who gets air time anyway), also See. Nunzio

****TIE****
3.Akio: Great high flyer, and i saw him in MLW as Jimmy Yang and he is just amazing.
3.Paul London: See him on Velocity and he is amazing there.(And he did my fav high-flying move of all time, THE 450! :drool:) God only knows what he can really do.
****TIE****
5.Funaki: Funaki has been with the WWE forever and even tried to chop off Val's "Big Valbowski". And just for that angle that gives me laughs to this day, he is on the list at #5.... oh yeah, He is can wrestle any style and does it very well. Makes me wonder more and more why i haven't just screamed "F*CK YOU VINCE...AND YOUR LITTLE WHORE DAUGHTER TOO!"

6.Tajiri- Moved to RAW for no damn reason and is stuck in a sh*thole position like Hurricane.

7.Chavo Guerrero: Great CW... plain and simple.

8.Shannon Moore : He is a pretty good Cruiser (from WCW) and hasn't gotten to show everything he can do... but whatelse is new :rant:

9.Nunzio: great to see something different in the CW Division (no flopping
around the ring like a fish)

10.Hurricane: Great Talent, sh*tty gimmick. what else is new? :'(

11.Rey Mysterio: Overrated. How many damn hurricanranas so i have to see in one damn match, or jumps over the ropes. He can thread together really well, but i just don't like a bunch of hops and stuff.

12.Sakoda: Meh.

13.Spike Dudley: I will remember him from ECW... not this bullsh*t.

15. Billy Kidman: Just never impressed me. SSP is cool, but everything else is just kind of :|

16. Scotty 2 Hotty: :nono:

*didn't iclude Orlando and Stevie because i don't think they are cruisers... :?:

Goldbird
06-25-2004, 01:55 PM
1. Steven Richards

Very solid wrestling moves, just that being misused

2. Rey Mysterio

His moves change, just like his appearance. Very versatile wrestler.

3. Jamie Noble

One of the few cruiserweights who have that "spunk" in them

4. Chavo Guerrero

COME ON! IT'S THE GUERRERO FAMILY! EL SANTO!

5. Tajiri

Impressive footwork

6. Ultimo Dragon

Never saw much about him, just thought that his 450 degrees finishing move was pretty cool.

7. Hurricane

Vertebreaker. Need I say more?

8. Paul London

Again, impressive on the mat, misued like MAD.

9. Akio and Sakoda

I regard both of them as the same person. Doesnt really strike an impression.

10. Billy Kidman

He's married to Torrie.

11. Funaki

This piece of shit should have quitted WWE long time ago and gone back to Japan to sell sushi.

12. Nunzio

The last time I heard him, it was at a promotional appearance for smackdown.

13. Shannon Moore

I dont like his character one bit. Paul Heyman got this one wrong :(

14. Orlando Jordan, Scorrt 2 Hotty, Spike Dudley (tied)

Typical jobbers. Shant say more.

mitch_h
06-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Paul London - I was seriously in love with him back when he worked the indies. I dunno the way he walk to the ring with his head sorta down clapping hands... I loved it. He's simply incredible.

Rey Rey - One of my favourite wrestlers of all time.

Jamie Noble - I love his style... although I hate his current look. Should go back to the tights he had in WCW.

Ultimo - Legend

Akio - Back in WCW and TNA I kinda had a love hate relationship with him... at times he would be the sloppiest guy ever then other times he is the man.

Chavo - I would pick up a another indy wrestler out there and push Chavo...

Tajiri - Needs to be moved back to Smackdown

Hurricane - I'm kinda getting sick of the superhero gimmick... but he is extremely talented. Move him back to SMackdown

Shannon Moore - Do something with him.

Nunzio - Huge fan of his style... hire Mamaluke!

Sakoda - Haven't seen enough of him.

Funaki - Somewhat talented... pretty entertaining

Scotty, Kidman, Spike - Crap, Crap, Crap,

The Naitch
06-25-2004, 02:08 PM
For entertainment value. The top 4 guys influence me alot

Rey Mysterio: All time favorite CW. His in ring work speaks for itself even with WWE's toned down style. He had good commentary last night on SD. W-O-R-M. That spells worm lol. Everybody loves Rey Rey. Not Raymond.

Jamie Noble: His attire suits him. Rare for a cruiserweight to be wearing tights like his, but he makes it work. Dukes of Hazard thing going on there lol btw. Awesome on the mic. The likable heel. Keep him that way. He doesn't even need Nidia, although his persona works even better with a valet.

Spike Dudley: Spike has tons of potential if given the CW belt IMO. His persona as the underdog suits him the best out of all the cruisers. He's just like Rey Rey when playing the face. Not to mention that he takes sick bumps and he deserves more.

Nunzio: Same boat as Jamie Noble. His persona is entertaining as fuck.

Chavo Guerrero: Probably the ideal CW. Good size, good agility, good persona. Greatness

Funaki: Everyone loves Funaki. Don't change for nobody. Nuff said

Scotty 2 Hotty: His persona is entertaining but boring and satle at times. Thank god he still has the worm to get him over. He's still cool in my books.

Billy Kidman: Good in the ring and all, and I respect him, but he just doesn't have it. Boring.

Hurricane: He had his moments. He NEEDS Grimace. That is all.

Tajiri: Too bad he's on RAW. Why the hell is he on RAW? Underutilized

Shannon Moore: Poor Shannon...

Paul London: Underutilized

Ultimo Dragon: We all know how his WWE run turned out. I won't go there. Legend

Akio: Hope we see more of him later.

The Naitch
06-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Chavo Classic: :shifty:

Jacqueline: Get the fuck off my TV. Well off SD atleast

Mr. JL
06-25-2004, 02:36 PM
If the WWE were smart they'd push Akio, Paul London and Shannon Moore to the moon, as far as giving them time in the ring and good feuds. Kinda like WCW did with Jericho, Mysterio, Guerrero, Juventud, Malenko and many others. I swear to God that those three (Akio, London & Moore) are the next Mysterio's, Juventud's just waiting to be made HUGE cruiserweight stars.

Also, Jamie Noble is the Dean Malenko of the cruiserweights.. as far as moves and holds are concerned. He also has more charisma and character than Dean had.

Samurai_Star_Sailor
06-25-2004, 03:54 PM
is sakado a cruiser? I thought he weighed like 250 lbs?

Ferocious
06-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Sakoda dumbass

OssMan
06-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Akio is Jimmy Yang?!? I saw him on Heat about a year ago I think, long before they did he Tajiri's Henchmen thing.

OssMan
06-25-2004, 04:21 PM
How the fuck can you rank O Jordan anywhere near the top ten, Assman?I dunno, he isn't really good, I like him though. When I was at the house show, John Cena came out and was like "Washington DC is gay, i crapped on White House door." Then ORLANDO JORDAN came out and was like, "HEY, GUYS! I'M A NEWCOMER IN THE WWE AND WHAT BETTER PLACE TO SHOWCASE MY TALENT THEN IN THE NATIONS CAPITAL, WASHINGTON DC!" yeahhh. set the mood for the rest of the night. A good guy, I tell you.

Samurai_Star_Sailor
06-25-2004, 07:16 PM
ferocious i think that comment out of line man it was a freakin spellin mistake

Ferocious
06-25-2004, 07:19 PM
ferocious i think that comment out of line man it was a freakin spellin mistake
Fuck off whiny ass bitch.

Dirtyunderweartaker
06-25-2004, 09:44 PM
A LOT OF THE :lol: CRUISERS SUCK DICK BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY SMALL... SO PEOPLE DON'T TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY. IT'S NOT THERE FAULT THOUGH CAUSE THE OTHER AND BIGGER "ATHLETES" ARE MOSTLY JUICED OUT OF THEIR MINDS. PLUS FROM FAR AWAY SEATS THEY ARE TOO SMALL TO EVEN SEE :n:

SirLoinSteak
06-25-2004, 09:50 PM
A LOT OF THE :lol: CRUISERS SUCK DICK BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY SMALL... SO PEOPLE DON'T TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY. IT'S NOT THERE FAULT THOUGH CAUSE THE OTHER AND BIGGER "ATHLETES" ARE MOSTLY JUICED OUT OF THEIR MINDS. PLUS FROM FAR AWAY SEATS THEY ARE TOO SMALL TO EVEN SEE :n:

Vince??................

Yeah Ferocious WILL definately be flaming you to shit later on. :lol:

Ferocious
06-25-2004, 10:14 PM
You are almost certainly, the worst poster to come to these boards since I made my first appearance. Gold star for you.

Funky Fly
06-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Yeah, they're all great wrestlers (except Scotty "my finisher is so unbelievably lame that Funky Fly can't take my matches seriously" 2 Hotty), but Ultimo is THE ideal cruiserweight. :y:

Transplant
06-25-2004, 10:41 PM
1. Tajiri - Just cos I like the japanese guys. I mark like mad if hes heel OR face.

2. Ultimo - Like Tajiri, uses fast kicks and stuff. Had a wicked entrance too

3. Akio - have i mentioned I like the japanese guys?

4. Funaki - Not really on his wrestling ability, but the way he can use 3rd grade gimmicks. ie evil kaientai

5. Paul London - ok, I've only really seen him wrestle once, but that dropkick he does made me shit myself

6. Rey Mysterio - Wicked charisma, but "Tony Sch-something on WCW Mayhem: Hes Using That Same Move Again And Again"

7. Spike: Im just a mark

8. S2H - Same Thing

9. Nunzio - Makes me piss myself when everyone just throws him around.

10. Kidman - Sells a DDT like a motha fucker. Him and RVD.

11. Hurricane - Buried, but cracked me up when he was main eventing on raw.

12. Shannon Moore - Needs Attention

13. Chavo Jr - Hes Starting to annoy me. His moves dont really flow well, and it kinda bugs me. Otherwise hes fine

14. Steven Richards - I like him better now that he only makes brief appearances

15. Jamie Noble - Doesnt fly, which should be in the job description, but could have the possibility to be the next Malenko

16. Sakoda - Hossy CW, sucks

17. Orlando - who is this guy?

Mr. JL
06-26-2004, 01:30 AM
Haha... theres no way that orlando Jordan is a cruiserweight!

c4g2
06-26-2004, 01:44 AM
Ok then scrap him. After all, I said the list was only fairly accurate, not the full list. :p

LK
06-26-2004, 11:25 AM
First of all I don't think Jordan is a cruisereight so I don't consider him

Rey Mysterio - In my few the best cruiserweight in the WWE right now

Tajiri - Great wrestler. Awesome matches in ECW with Super Crazy and is being misused on Raw like Hurricane

Ultimo Dragon - One of the all time great cruiserweights

Akio - Saw him on MLW and he is amazing

Paul London - Saw him in RoH against AJ Styles and Low Ki. A truly great match.

Chavo Guerrero - A really good wrestler

Funaki - Some of the funniest things ever have come from him. He is Smackdown Number 1 announcer. And he can also wrestle a bit too.

Billy Kidman - A real good wrestler but he just doesn't have that X-Factor

Hurricane - Would be much higher on the list if he wasn't on Raw teaming with Rosey. Loved him on Smackdown and that is where he needs to be.

Nunzio - Loved him in ECW as Little Guido but he just hasn't been allowed to shine in the WWE. A great technical wrestler

Shannon Moore - Above average cruiserweight but needs a good push in the division to make him look like a challenger

Spike Dudley - Don't mind him. Not great but not bad.

Jamie Noble - I liked him during his cruiserweight title but now I find him boring.

Scotty 2 Hotty - Can't stand Scotty

The Naitch
06-26-2004, 05:52 PM
Ok then scrap him. After all, I said the list was only fairly accurate, not the full list. :p

please go away