PDA

View Full Version : So I'm watching TNA Impact...

Lamuella
06-25-2004, 04:47 PM
...and MY GOD! It's like night and day comparing this and WWE's product right now. Smackdown has become so stale lately that I can't be bothered watching it most of the time. By comparison, TNA was fresh, interesting, and the matches were exciting. Admittedly, it was all very simple storytelling, but something Vince needs to remember is that very simple storytelling is all wrestling needs

oh damn, they just announced that Dennis Rodman will be on the show. Just when I saw light at the end of the tunnel, the tunnel collapsed.

The Mackem
06-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Way behind on TNA being in the UK but I do enjoy watching it.

Loose Cannon
06-25-2004, 05:02 PM
It was ok today. AJ Styles is incredible and the main event was great. That Monty Brown guy looks so green and just sucks IMO.

James Steele
06-25-2004, 05:05 PM
I think the only thing holding NWA:TNA back is Russo and Jarrett.

Lamuella
06-25-2004, 05:44 PM
Monty Brown isn't polished, but he has potential. His punches are awesome, for one thing.

D-Lo's a seasoned enough pro for him to learn against.

Mr. JL
06-25-2004, 05:51 PM
I hope Jeff Hardy becomes a regular on NWA: TNA as long as he keeps motivated and holds true to his passion.

PoisonIvy
06-25-2004, 06:08 PM
Dammit, I missed it.

Lamuella
06-25-2004, 06:08 PM
Jeff Hardy is enjoyable when he's motivated and horrible when he isn't.

To be honest if you want someone with long hair and mesh shirts who can do the daredevil stuff, you'd be better with someone like Julio Dinero

loopydate
06-25-2004, 06:20 PM
Jeff Hardy is enjoyable when he's motivated and horrible when he isn't.

To be honest if you want someone with long hair and mesh shirts who can do the daredevil stuff, you'd be better with someone like Julio Dinero
Speaking of which, I missed the first 20ish minutes of this week's show. Did The Gathering wrestle? I still haven't seen Julio and Punk on Impact.

Samurai_Star_Sailor
06-25-2004, 07:06 PM
monty browns pretty tite i been watching him for a while now (awwl on a local channel) hes improved a lot.

Lamuella
06-25-2004, 10:46 PM
Speaking of which, I missed the first 20ish minutes of this week's show. Did The Gathering wrestle? I still haven't seen Julio and Punk on Impact.

The Gathering didn't wrestle. First match was a 6 man between Kazarian & 2 members of Team Japan, and Sabin, Primetime and Amazing Red

Batsu
06-26-2004, 02:38 AM
Jeff Jarrett gets X-Pac heat... and I'm talking X-Factor era X-Pac heat...because even his theme song sucks.

Impact! was my first ever viewing of the TNA product, and I like it very much.

Chris Sabin is crazy as heck...a lot of the guys are. K-Kwi -- I mean "The Truth" is like the main eventer Booker T -should- have been before WWE dropped the ball. The matches have the kind of action I've long been waiting to see on a professional wrestling show. Ever since WWE acquired WCW...their product has become safer, and the finishers have become even more lame...even when the wrestlers that use them aren't. It indeed is like night and day... this show slowly fills a void left by the demise of WCW and ECW... it's like the best of both of them with the worst pretty much taken out. Though, the one thing about TNA... their jobbers... really really do suck. I mean, it's rare that you see a bonafide jobber on IMPACT! but...who was that D-Ray 3000 guy? Talk about a member of the X-Pac School Of Jobbing...

Vega
06-26-2004, 03:22 AM
Son of a BITCH.

That's 2 weeks in a row I forgot to tape it.

askghj0wqiyj903uj093g-i3=0yad]ghsa]dhlas]hl :mad: :foc: :mad: :foc: :foc: :mad: :'(

#1-norm-fan
06-26-2004, 04:28 AM
Yeah Impact was a decent show today. Nothing special. Let's not fool ourselves though by saying it is better than WWE. They've still got a LONG way to go before that's even a question.