PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcatcher

Lotus
12-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I saw this on DVD last night. It was pretty good, I guess. It was kind of confusing at first, but that's the way I like my movies. However, the prospect of this being a horror movie (which I thought it was going to be) was all ruined when the bad guy is this giant slug thing. As soon as I saw the slug for the first time, I couldn't help but laugh. It was pretty good overall though, and the alternate ending was pretty sweet too.

The Destroyer
12-24-2003, 03:25 PM
The book was far too long, if you ask me... God knows how they managed to cram it all into the film. Seemed to get some dodgy reviews when it first came out.

Kenny
12-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I saw this on DVD last night. It was pretty good, I guess. It was kind of confusing at first, but that's the way I like my movies. However, the prospect of this being a horror movie (which I thought it was going to be) was all ruined when the bad guy is this giant slug thing. As soon as I saw the slug for the first time, I couldn't help but laugh. It was pretty good overall though, and the alternate ending was pretty sweet too.

Aw shit! I rented the movie on DVD and forgot to look at the alternate ending.

Can you fill me in?

Also, I enjoyed the movie. I thought it was more funny than scary.

I Duditz!

DegenerationY
12-24-2003, 03:59 PM
K, yeah, that movie was one of the worst movies I have seen in the last 10 years.

Seriously.

Stupid as hell.

mitch_h
12-24-2003, 04:13 PM
It started off good, then as soon as they introduced the anal dwelling slug or whatever, the movie turned into a pile of shit.

Lara Emily
12-27-2003, 03:05 AM
[...]

Overall it's a fun movie and I think Dreamcatcher is the best Stephen King film adapation since "The Shining". :y:

[...]

Guess you haven't seen The Stand eh?

Anyways decent movie. Nothing spetacular.

AareDub
12-27-2003, 10:51 AM
*shudder*

That was, in my opinion, the worst movie that I actually paid to see in 2003. I love Sephen King books, and I usually like the movies, but this one was just too comical to be taken seriously. The scene with the phone thing was just ridiculous. Anyway, as Dark_Kane said either you'll love it or hate it, I guess it's obvious what side I'm on.

Lotus
12-27-2003, 01:59 PM
Kenny, if you want to read the alternate ending, just highlight the following (I don't want to spoil it for anyone if they've yet to see it):

Well, it's pretty much like the other ending, except that Duddits doesn't turn into that alien guy and he kills the other alien thingy with that little whirly thing he does with his finger that that other guy uses to find that woman's keys in the beginning of the movie. This little finger thing creates like a blast or something and the other alien dies. He then says either "I've done it!" or "I'm Duddits!" (I think that perhaps the main characters confused Duddits saying "I've done it!" with "I"m Duddits!", hence the foreshadowing. Ya know, since Duddits can like see into the future and shit), and after proclaiming that, he dies. The next scene opens up in a cemetery and Jonesy and Henry are at Duddits' grave and they sing the song Jason Lee sang to Duddits when they were kids as the movie fades away and the credits roll.

AareDub
12-27-2003, 02:24 PM
That sounds like a much better ending than the crazy alien thing that happened in the original ending.

Jason Cage
12-27-2003, 10:17 PM
It started off good, then as soon as they introduced the anal dwelling slug or whatever, the movie turned into the biggest piece of horse-excrement-wiping-SHIT

SERIOUSLY.

YOUR Hero
12-27-2003, 10:58 PM
I hated it. It was filmed in my hometown and made millions for our local economy, but good lord that was a shitty movie.

YOUR Hero
12-27-2003, 10:58 PM
I hated it. It was filmed in my town and made millions for our local economy, but good lord that was a shitty movie.