PDA

View Full Version : WTF Rock and Austin, get off your asses please

Rock Bottom
06-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Please come back from the movies, and arguing over copyright issues and light a fire under this piece of shit they call the WWE. If Austin could actually wrestle, and Rock came back, my damn. I'd like to stick them on both shows just to increase the damn ratings. Have Rock come out and fart, and Austin come out and drink a beer. I bet ratings go through the roof. RAW came in pretty decently lately though, but damn man.

Everyone is terribly misused, or the booking, or whatever makes the WWE suck total cock. No more big boys. Just Triple H, he's the big boy.

Joe Kerr
06-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Im watching Mania of Wrestlemania and Ironically its the Austin Rock match at wrestlemania 19

Rock Bottom
06-28-2004, 09:10 PM
GOOD MATCH. Rock beat the everliving shit out of him. I was still pissed over WM X-7, so I found that match to be gratifying.

ColdwaVer
06-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Can't really agree. Austin and the Rock can't save WWE now. They can help, sure, the Rock's appearances definitely help boost things, but he's past the point where he can be the kind of draw WWE needs right now. There are also a lot of problematic points to the Rock; people change their minds about whether they want to cheer or boo him depending on who he's up against, which makes it hard to write a program for him. If he wins too much, people complain that he isn't putting anyone over, that the spotlight is being wasted on him; if he loses too much, people complain that he's becoming a jobber.

Austin is a different story with the same result. His in-ring days are over on anything remotely resembling a full-time basis. Internet fans don't like him in a non-wrestling role because he steals the spotlight from stars who need it, offline fans don't like him there because they get tired of wondering when he'll wrestle again.

The Rock's current appearance rate is a good use for him. He's in a good place making movies; he's good at it and the money it generates Vince is a good balance point to the money being lost on buyrates, which Rocky can't hold up forever. Austin is far too expensive to keep if he can't wrestle, so IMO we're better off without him at this point. Too many of my suggestions for improvement will invariably run afoul of HHH's ego, so I'm not going to bother repeating them, but at this point I do know that the Attitude era is over and its biggest stars aren't the answer for tomorrow.