PDA

View Full Version : An old Question.....

jasonvoorhees
12-24-2003, 08:54 PM
Who was the guy that pulled the rope form the King Of The Ring match with Austin Vs Shane and Vince, Ladder Match, Who knows who did it or did no one knew who did it.

The Chosen 1
12-24-2003, 09:44 PM
No one knows.

or cares for that matter.

Another Russoriffic booking.

BasicThuganomics
12-24-2003, 10:06 PM
I think it was Steve Blackman. i don't remember why he did it really, but i'm pretty sure it was him? Not 100% though... ?

Kenny
12-24-2003, 11:11 PM
I think it was Steve Blackman. i don't remember why he did it really, but i'm pretty sure it was him? Not 100% though... ?

Nah, this is actually the most popular and talked about scrapped storylines.

One was recently scrapped, I forget which one it was though. Another one that was recently scrapped was the Booker T "I still remember" note.

Pepsi Man
12-24-2003, 11:25 PM
It was Eric Bischoff who was working dark matches at house shows under a mask at that point. He wrestled as the "Krazy Karismatic Karate Kid". Once, he teamed with X-Pac, and once he wrestled him. They chose never to have him debut on air until 2002 and the purchase of WCW though.

Kenny
12-24-2003, 11:33 PM
It was Eric Bischoff who was working dark matches at house shows under a mask at that point. He wrestled as the "Krazy Karismatic Karate Kid". Once, he teamed with X-Pac, and once he wrestled him. They chose never to have him debut on air until 2002 and the purchase of WCW though.

LoL.... where did that come from? This thread's about Austin's KOTR match.

Pepsi Man
12-24-2003, 11:38 PM
LoL.... where did that come from? This thread's about Austin's KOTR match.
That's what I was talking about. He pulled the rope and was going to debut on Raw the next night, but that was scratched at the last minute.

Kenny
12-24-2003, 11:46 PM
That's what I was talking about. He pulled the rope and was going to debut on Raw the next night, but that was scratched at the last minute.

Oh... shit I didn't hear about that.

But um... didn't this happen clear back when Nitro was still going?

Pepsi Man
12-24-2003, 11:55 PM
Oh... shit I didn't hear about that.

But um... didn't this happen clear back when Nitro was still going?
Yes, and that's what truly makes this some shocking and unbelievable history. I personally find it hard to believe that guys like Hogan and maybe Hall and Nash weren't in on it. I also wonder what guys like Bret Hart would've thought if they found out about it.

Then again, I also don't know if this is why Bischoff was briefly fired/gone from WCW for that period from 99 - 2000 where Russo ran things.

Boondock Saint
12-25-2003, 12:10 AM
I can't tell if you're being serious or not, Pep. If so, that is news to me and very interesting news at that. If not, well then shame on you sir. I kid.

But yeah, no one knows who actually was raising the briefcase. It was scrapped. It was never revealed to be Blackman, but I believe it was implied/meant to be.

Kenny
12-25-2003, 12:39 AM
I always figured we were supposed to believe, since the owner of the WWE was involved he simply set it up so the people back in the control room did it. Makes sense to me.

No offense Pepsi but you either made that Bischoff story up or somebody else did. That angle happened back around like 99 or so when the WCW was still in effect.

Pepsi Man
12-25-2003, 12:45 AM
I always figured we were supposed to believe, since the owner of the WWE was involved he simply set it up so the people back in the control room did it. Makes sense to me.

No offense Pepsi but you either made that Bischoff story up or somebody else did. That angle happened back around like 99 or so when the WCW was still in effect.
That's exactly what I said. (about WCW still being "in effect" as you put it)

Kenny
12-25-2003, 12:59 AM
That's exactly what I said. (about WCW still being "in effect" as you put it)

Where'd you get your info?

Pepsi Man
12-25-2003, 01:02 AM
Where'd you get your info?
http://wrestlerockxpresstrivialfactoids.com which got shut down supposedly due to bandwidth issues.

Kenny
12-25-2003, 01:08 AM
http://wrestlerockxpresstrivialfactoids.com which got shut down supposedly due to bandwidth issues.

Oh yeah, i heard about that site. They actually went with the "bandwidth" excuse as a fall out plan. Origonally Eric Bischoff was going to take over the site. But they decided they'd go with the bandwidth idea when Bischoff started wrestling against Goldberg in Japan.

Boondock Saint
12-25-2003, 01:31 AM
Who really cares though?

Pepsi Man
12-25-2003, 09:44 AM
Oh yeah, i heard about that site. They actually went with the "bandwidth" excuse as a fall out plan. Origonally Eric Bischoff was going to take over the site. But they decided they'd go with the bandwidth idea when Bischoff started wrestling against Goldberg in Japan.
:y: You know your shit.

Savio
12-25-2003, 12:25 PM
One was recently scrapped, I forget which one it was though. Another one that was recently scrapped was the Booker T "I still remember" note.

Is it scrapped for real or just on the back burner?

Kenny
12-25-2003, 04:21 PM
Is it scrapped for real or just on the back burner?

Actually I believe I read it on this board. Somebody posted a whole shitload of tidbits from a wrestling site.

From what I understand Goldust was supposed to be behind the note to Booker. But now that Goldust has been released, and they knew they weren't going to renew his contract the scrapped the idea. I believe the author of the article said it is on the back burner and could pop up.. but I doubt it.

Innovator
12-25-2003, 10:58 PM
It was Bossman...he was out of the Corporation then the next night on RAW he came back.

c4g2
12-26-2003, 04:16 AM
Actually I believe I read it on this board. Somebody posted a whole shitload of tidbits from a wrestling site.

From what I understand Goldust was supposed to be behind the note to Booker. But now that Goldust has been released, and they knew they weren't going to renew his contract the scrapped the idea. I believe the author of the article said it is on the back burner and could pop up.. but I doubt it.

Indeed its on the back burner. WWE is planning to revive the "I still remember" angle if they have to.