PDA

View Full Version : Spider Man 2: The Game.

LoDownM
07-01-2004, 07:27 PM
So. The game came out. I got it. And just beat it. All in the span of a day. Fun game, but really fucking short.

Disturbed316
07-01-2004, 07:36 PM
I pre-ordered it. Its out next week over here. I enjoyed the first game so I hope its as good.

Does it spoil much of the film? Does it even follow the films storyline?

LoDownM
07-01-2004, 07:48 PM
I don't know if it spoils much of the film, going to see it tommorow.

Innovator
07-01-2004, 08:24 PM
yeah I just beat it, solid game, a hell of a lot better than the first one.

It kinda has a GTA feel like there main missions then side missions. You can cruise the entire city which is pretty sweet.

AareDub
07-02-2004, 01:04 AM
I was going to get it for PC until I found out the PC version is some watered down kids game or something.

Gonzo
07-02-2004, 01:59 AM
Well, I didn't like the first one really, I'm not into super hero games and such, not my forte. But, if the game is indeed short then I wouldn't like it. I got pissed as hell when I beat Medal of Honor, the Pacific one or w/e it was in a few hours. I was hella pissed.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-02-2004, 07:19 AM
I was going to get it for PC until I found out the PC version is some watered down kids game or something.
I think theres like 3 PC versions coming out, but in true Activision style the MAIN PC one is coming out later with enhanced online play like True Crime did :D.

As for the game, I've played it for about 5 minutes and it is so fucking fun. it's a game you could come back to like GTA though, solving random crimes, trying to do the races, collecting all the skyscraper tokens. Climb the biggest building in the game and look around, it is truely breathtaking

AareDub
07-02-2004, 03:00 PM
PC game :
*Level based, not open-ended.
*City is broken up onto sections with loading between sections.
*Small city compared to console version.
*Free-roam mode only unlocked after beating the game, but still loads between city areas.
*Simplified controls.
*Thugs with odd "guns" that don't shoot bullets (aka. Water guns).
*Weblines for swinging only attach to floating web icons.
*Can't climb to the tops of all buildings.
*Long indoors sections.
*Spider Sense flashes trigger the start of a twitch game to hit the right keys.
*Play "Simon Says"-style puzzles to open vaults and disarm bombs.
*Diagrams are shown before each boss, showing exactly how to defeat them.
*Only combat combos are hardwired into the game. Just mash Attack, Web and Kick to see all you can do in the very first fight.

XBox/Cube/PS2 Console game:
*Open ended with free-roaming gameplay from the start.
*Unlimited, random street crime.
*Weblines attach anywhere on buildings, trees, poles, etc.
*Loads only before and after cutscenes and for plot missions, and only for a few seconds - even on PS2.
*Day/night cycles.
*Buy upgrades for your combat and locomotion abilities.
*Spider Sense is like Bullet Time, putting everyone else into slo-mo, enhancing combat combos.
*Climb to the very tip-top of the highest buildings.
*Hang thugs up on lamp posts with the right upgrades.
*Haul thugs up buildings and drop or piledriver them down with the right upgrades.
*So much more than I feel like typing out.

I hope you're right about them releasing more versions for PC. :(

Funky Fly
07-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Ahahaha, pildrivers off skyscraper walls. I guess Spidey never forgot his wrestling roots.

Nowhere Man
07-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Got the game yesterday. Love it. Honestly, I spend more time just swinging around the city and pulling off tricks than doing missions (although I do a lot of those, too)

Speaking of, does anyone know how the hell you beat the "save the people on the boat" mission? It's kind of miserable just standing there, not being able to web over to the boat, and watch them all die horribly.

LoDownM
07-03-2004, 01:11 AM
Good damn it. Looks like i'm going to rent the ps2 version, since I got it for pc :rant:

Shaggy
07-03-2004, 02:37 AM
One question that I have to ask to the people that have played it:

Can you climb to the highest building then jump off and right before you hit the ground shoot your web off and swing away?

This was the one thing I loved the most about Spiderman and thought it would be great to do it in video games. Just the chance to fall and suddenly go away.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-03-2004, 02:10 PM
One question that I have to ask to the people that have played it:

Can you climb to the highest building then jump off and right before you hit the ground shoot your web off and swing away?

This was the one thing I loved the most about Spiderman and thought it would be great to do it in video games. Just the chance to fall and suddenly go away.
Yup, either just fall and you do a swandive, dive across or jump vertically. Just make sure you get the web out in time. Hell, you can even do it with a guy on your shoulder.

If you do go to the very top building, take a look around. The detail on manhattan is amazing :)

LoDownM
07-04-2004, 03:54 AM
PS2 Version > PC Version. That is all.

Disturbed316
07-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Got this today, pretty decent from what I've played so far. That bloke from Hollywood is anoying, saying I wasn't real, how dare he! :mad:

loopydate
07-08-2004, 04:38 PM
This is such a great game.

But, honestly, why don't those bastards working on roofs have some kind of scaffolding instead of relying on me to swing up and save their punk asses?

And why don't mothers tie balloon strings around their kids' wrists so I don't have to hear "My balloon!" all the time.

Being Spidey is more stressful than I would have imagined.

Disturbed316
07-08-2004, 05:01 PM
I want to punch those kids so bad when they dont shut up about their ballons, so I just ignore them and swing off someplace else. Teach the bastards for not holding on to their ballons :mad:

Xero
07-08-2004, 06:05 PM
I love the game, havent beaten it yet, but its very solid... I can do just about everything Spiderman can! Even the double web slingshot deelie...

I only do the "MY BALLOON!" thing when Im low on health... Ive noticed if your full on health, it doesnt happen...

Innovator
07-08-2004, 06:51 PM
fucking kids

Pizza Mission 15 is giving me a headache

LoDownM
07-08-2004, 07:10 PM
I pop the balloons with my webbing :cool:

Disturbed316
07-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Played abit more earlier, that Statue of Liberty part was a right bitch :mad:

Stuck on the part when Dr. Octavius' presentation goes wrong, cant destroy the consoles, keep getting twated by the SONIC BOOM!

Xero
07-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Played abit more earlier, that Statue of Liberty part was a right bitch :mad:

Stuck on the part when Dr. Octavius' presentation goes wrong, cant destroy the consoles, keep getting twated by the SONIC BOOM!
Those parts are both a bitch... I especially hated the Statue one... I kept going lower and missing the UFO :mad:

Disturbed316
07-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Those parts are both a bitch... I especially hated the Statue one... I kept going lower and missing the UFO :mad:
Yeah, that really pissed me off. Then I noticed the helicopters and hitched a ride on them to the Island :cool:

Took me 38 minutes to do that level.

loopydate
07-08-2004, 10:12 PM
I am so stuck on Liberty Island right now. I get so much momentum going the wrong way that those stupid orbs come back before I can get myself up to the "brain." Frustrating as hell (especially since I can't go and do fun stuff since I'm in the middle of the stupid mission).

Disturbed316
07-09-2004, 10:37 AM
Yeah, that happened to me the first time I managed to get to the statue. At first I was really confussed as to how to do it, then realised that when you are near them you get dragged towards them if you start punching them.

The Brain bit was weird, and those blades were bastards. The thing I like about this game is the number of different stories going on:

- Dr Octavius' revenge
- Mysterio guy
- Black Cat (whose actually pretty hot for a comic book/video game character)

Hopefully these will be resolved by the end.

I'm so pumped up for the release of the film over here now, just under a week to go.

Fox
07-12-2004, 12:50 AM
Speaking of, does anyone know how the hell you beat the "save the people on the boat" mission? It's kind of miserable just standing there, not being able to web over to the boat, and watch them all die horribly.

You gotta do a super jump and land on the boat, pick a person up, jump back to the land, and do it all over again until you save everyone. Those missions are a bitch because if you fall in the water, you lose a lot of time and end up right back on the land.

I am seriously in love with this game. You have so much freedom to do whatever you want and swinging through NYC is more fun than anything else I've done in a video game.

LoDownM
07-12-2004, 04:23 AM
Does anyone know if there is anything after "Part 2?" Were you need to get 50,000 Hero points to finish the chapter.

TheNamelessOne
07-12-2004, 05:39 AM
After you get the 50,000 points, you get another chapter where you have to buy the final web swing speed which costs 50,000 hero points. The whole point of Part 2 is to obtain 100% completion.

Based on the secrets discovered so far (i.e. None), the replay value has been shot to shit this time around. No one so far has discovered any hidden stuff, and the only rewards you get are 1: The titles that are on your pause screen 2: Two moves, one which you get in the last chapter, the other you get for getting all of the Skyscraper tokens.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-12-2004, 11:11 AM
So nothing for doing all the races or hitting all the help discs?

Disturbed316
07-12-2004, 03:55 PM
God, that last fight was a complete bastard. Took me about 20 minutes to do it :mad:

Its going to take forever to get to 50,000 hero points. I'm only on about 4,500 at the moment.

LoDownM
07-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Well fuck that. Cool game and all. But not intrested in doing the same 12 crime bustings over, and over, and over again.

TheNamelessOne
07-13-2004, 07:05 AM
So nothing for doing all the races or hitting all the help discs?
None at all.

road doggy dogg
07-13-2004, 07:08 AM
Okay the first like 20 replies to the thread made me want to buy this game. The last like 5 though make it sound like it sucks shit. Which is the case, 'cause I might pick it upp

mitch_h
07-13-2004, 05:08 PM
It's definetly worth a rental... however I wouldn't go out and purchase it.

SukkaChump
07-14-2004, 05:32 AM
as soon as i got done witht hat damn liberty island brain thing, i stopped playing for awhile, it seriously was a massive bitch -.-

Disturbed316
07-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Well I played for about an hour last night and managed to get around 11,000 hero points, doing odd random things like seeing MJ and pizza deliveries etc. So it shouldn't take long to get to 50,000.

loopydate
07-17-2004, 04:47 PM
I beat the main story last night, and am now trying to get 100%, which is going to be a bitch, because I hate those damned races.

The Destroyer
07-17-2004, 05:14 PM
I'm stuck on the damn battle against Mysterio on Liberty Island, it's bloody hard swinging into a position to take out those orbs. Oh well, I'll manage it eventually...

House of Pancakes
07-17-2004, 05:15 PM
This game is real addictive. Just swinging around the city and stopping crimes is awesome.

Disturbed316
07-18-2004, 02:44 PM
I'm stuck on the damn battle against Mysterio on Liberty Island, it's bloody hard swinging into a position to take out those orbs. Oh well, I'll manage it eventually...

Use the helicopters to get across to the island :y:

Shaggy
07-21-2004, 04:18 AM
If you collect all the skyscraper and Secret Tokens you unlock alternate costumes. You can swing around with Spiderman with out his mask on, Spiderman when he was first infected with Venom, and a few others. There was a list somewhere. Right now im working on collecting the first 50,000 points. I just rented the game yesterday and I already beat it which was a big let down for me but its still fun to swing around the city. Probably the best superhero video game ever created.

Joe Kerr
07-21-2004, 12:53 PM
I beat the game last night. Need more bosses :( anyway..is part 2 just stopping a bunch of crime and racking up hero points??

I also like that Bruce Campbel is narrating......(Ash from evil dead for those who dont know)

Disturbed316
07-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Got they 50,000 points last night, now I got to try and get 100%, I'm just over halfway there at the moment :-\

Those bhoy tokens are bastards to get.

Jonster
07-21-2004, 03:13 PM
I got it for gamecube on Sunday, completed it Tuesday (could only play in the early hours of the morning), but swinging around pissing about it so much fun I don't care about the repetitiveness :shifty:

The Destroyer
07-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Use the helicopters to get across to the island :y:
Nah, I knew that, it was just hard getting all the orbs and then getting to the brain thing (although when I did I killed it in seconds).

Now I'm stuck on the damn battle with Doc Ock where you need to turn off those switches, I hate that damn field you need to avoid. :mad:

Joe Kerr
07-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Nah, I knew that, it was just hard getting all the orbs and then getting to the brain thing (although when I did I killed it in seconds).

Now I'm stuck on the damn battle with Doc Ock where you need to turn off those switches, I hate that damn field you need to avoid. :mad:

Your talking about the end where you dont have a mask on? That sucked. Battling Doc ock is easy but hitting all 8 switches suck ass especially having to avoid getting knocked in the water where a switch is.

Jonster
07-21-2004, 06:34 PM
I've started going through it again, but this time on XBox instead of GC.
Reason being I haven't my gamecube at the moment (I was at a friend's for a while.

Xbox version has better controls (due to pad), loads faster, better graphics, etc.
However the saving time is just ridiculous. Takes about 30 seconds to read the hard drive, then another 30 to save. GC it was saved in about 5 seconds.

The Destroyer
07-22-2004, 02:24 PM
There's nothing wrong with the controls on the GC. :-\

Jonster
07-22-2004, 05:32 PM
There's nothing wrong with the controls on the GC. :-\
There's nothing wrong with them, but the XBox controls are better.
It's more due to the pad. Pressing Z and start to go to the map,. then pressing X to get out of it is highly annoying.
On XBox, it's Back to open map and B to exit (on XBox, B is the natural cancel button).

The Destroyer
07-23-2004, 04:05 PM
I still stand by my belief that the X-Box pad is a chunky piece of crap. :p

Jonster
07-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, the actual console itself is ugly as hell. But the games on it (if you buy the right one's) are mighty fine.

Fox
07-28-2004, 01:31 AM
Just imagine what the Spider-Man 3 game is going to be like

Azriel
03-30-2005, 08:20 AM
MASSIVE BUMP!

Got this last night. Pretty damn awesome so far. I'm on the second Black Cat chase scene and its a bitch. Anybody have any good strategies?

Disturbed316
03-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Keep up with here :shifty:

I think I managed to do it with longer, for faster swings. Haven't played it for ages so thats the best I can come up with at the moment :-\

Azriel
03-30-2005, 11:18 AM
I finally managed to do it. I dont like her with the shorter hair.