PDA

View Full Version : In order to get you guys to post again...

Back Stabbed
07-01-2004, 11:52 PM
Who do you think is over/under rated....(in the WWE)
OVERRATED
Chris Benoit

UNDERRATED
Kane
Mordecai
Booker T
RVD
Jericho

Splaya
07-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Benoit, overrated??? What the fuck did you smoke tonight?

Mayo
07-02-2004, 12:04 AM
Benoit, overrated??? What the fuck did you smoke tonight?

I think it was some Kona Gold, because he seems to be pretty fucked up.

Overrated

Batista
HHH
Dudleyz

Underrated

Christian
Jericho
Matt Hardy
Steven Richards
Hurricane
Val Venis
Charlie Haas

Back Stabbed
07-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Banoit couldn't promo his way out of a paper bag.

Sean Van Dam
07-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Overrated:
JBL (I actually like him more then most do but he still belongs nowhere near main event)
The Dudley Boys (never really liked them much)
John Cena (he's good but not as good as some people make him out to be)

Underrated:
Rob Van Dam (world champ material)
Booker T (see above)
Chris Jericho (see above)
Kane (stop burying him!)

And I pretty much agree with everyone on Mayo's list.

Back Stabbed
07-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Underrated:
Rob Van Dam (world champ material)
Booker T (see above)
Chris Jericho (see above)
Kane (stop burying him!)

And I pretty much agree with everyone on Mayo's list.
...and my list.

Mayo
07-02-2004, 12:39 AM

This man has put on 5-star matches over most of his career. He is arguably the best technical wrestler around today. I will agree with you that he isn't great on the mic, but you can compare him to someone like Bret Hart and see the legend that he left behind with great wrestling. This latest 'sports-entertainment' wrestling environment requires a combination of mic skills and wrestling ability in order to be on top. I still really enjoy watching Benoit's matches, especially at PPV's because that is where wrestling skill is the spotlight. I say that Benoit stays champ till Summerslam where HHH wins it, let Benoit have a short feud with HHH to get the belt back (or have a high profile feud with another main eventer), and if the fans aren't behind him, then let him go back to the midcard. Until that happens, however, keep him in the main event scene because the fans still cheer him with vigor.

ZuperWario
07-02-2004, 01:08 AM
Everyone knows that Benoit is not so good on the mic but is great in the ring. So your point is he is over-rated on the mic or in the ring

Back Stabbed
07-02-2004, 01:33 AM
This man has put on 5-star matches over most of his career. He is arguably the best technical wrestler around today. I will agree with you that he isn't great on the mic, but you can compare him to someone like Bret Hart and see the legend that he left behind with great wrestling. This latest 'sports-entertainment' wrestling environment requires a combination of mic skills and wrestling ability in order to be on top. I still really enjoy watching Benoit's matches, especially at PPV's because that is where wrestling skill is the spotlight. I say that Benoit stays champ till Summerslam where HHH wins it, let Benoit have a short feud with HHH to get the belt back (or have a high profile feud with another main eventer), and if the fans aren't behind him, then let him go back to the midcard. Until that happens, however, keep him in the main event scene because the fans still cheer him with vigor.
Benoit only has good matches with a few people...and don't get me started on bret hart.

Loose Cannon
07-02-2004, 01:37 AM
Get started on Bret Hart, I want to hear what you have to say. :yes:

And Benoit and Guerrero are the two best "wrestlers" in the WWE right now. They can carry almost everyone to a good match.

Back Stabbed
07-02-2004, 01:40 AM
Get started on Bret Hart, I want to hear what you have to say. :yes:

And Benoit and Guerrero are the two best "wrestlers" in the WWE right now. They can carry almost everyone to a good match.
No I'd rather not

What about Jericho.

Rock Bottom
07-02-2004, 01:54 AM
Underrated: Eugene, Trish Stratus, Kane
Overrated: Chris Jericho, JBL, Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-taaaaaaaaaaa

tucsonspeed6
07-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Rocky, how can Eugene be underrated? Raw seems to favor him over HHH these days (though that has mellowed a bit since HHH snagged onto Eugene in a desperate attempt to stay in the spotlight)

Ferocious
07-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Overrated - HHH, Undertaker, Booker T, Kane, RVD, Chavo Guerrero

Underrated - Hurricane, London, Jericho, Christian, Edge, Matt Hardy, Rene Dupree, SirRoundSound, Big_Bluto, TucsonSpeed6 ;)

Xero
07-02-2004, 11:39 AM
So, what your telling me, current WWE style aside, is you would rather see, say someone like Big Show, with great mic skills but shitty wrestling style/skills, in the main event, instead of a true wrestler like Chris Benoit?

I understand that some people like storytelling/storylines more than the actual wrestling, but I think that those people shouldnt even WATCH wrestling and go watch Days of our Lives, cause I'd rather see nothing but wrestling than 2 matches, 6 promos, and 16 segments... (I know I over exaggerated there)

Corkscrewed
07-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah... you suck Savior.

Corkscrewed
07-02-2004, 12:33 PM
:p

Hired Hitman
07-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Too many to name... I will name my top ones.

Overrated: JBL
Underrated: Matt Hardy

FourFifty
07-02-2004, 12:56 PM
<font color=cyan>
Over rated: JBL, Triple H, Dudley Boyz, Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-taaaaaaaaaaaa, Jim Ross
Under Rated: RVD, Matt Hardy, Kane, Booker T, The Ballards (just for not having a WWE contract when the WWE NEEDS better tag teams)

Chuck Jones
07-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Overrated-
Randy Orton
RVD
Trish
Christian (doesn't really have 'it' for me. I mean his wrestling skills are good, and his mic stuff is decent, but he just doesn't stand out. Plus with his haircut, he looks a bit too much like Test.)

Underrated-
Molly
Paul London
Batista
hurricane

Savio
07-02-2004, 02:44 PM
So, what your telling me, current WWE style aside, is you would rather see, say someone like Big Show, with great mic skills but shitty wrestling style/skills, in the main event, instead of a true wrestler like Chris Benoit?

His wrestling is all the same
JR: Germans! Crossface! Crossface! Submission!
How ever people like Angle, Rock, and Jericho make you want to watch their next match. Benoit matches are good for one thing. Giving me time to talk to people on TPWW.
--------------------
This is what should happen at Vengence. Kane rushes in and makes Benoit lose.

07-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Benoit only has good matches with a few people...and don't get me started on bret hart.
If by 'a few' you mean 'everyone, even guys like A-Train', then I agree entirely. Frankly, if you get no enjoyment out of guys like Chris Benoit and Bret Hart... well, I appreciate everyone has different tastes and opinions, but I really have to ask why the hell you even watch wrestling.

Savio
07-02-2004, 03:53 PM
I never really liked Benoit and when they feed kane to him twice that was the breaking point.

LK
07-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Overrated
HHH
The Dudleyz
JBL

Underrated
Paul London
Jericho
Kane
RVD
Booker T

07-02-2004, 06:56 PM
I never really liked Benoit and when they feed kane to him twice that was the breaking point.
Being that they weren't about to feed Triple H or Shawn Michaels to him, who else was there? Kane wasn't doing anything anyway (until they look like they're serious about Matt Hardy, I can't exactly go apes</>hit over that particular program, but I'll give them a chance at least to impress). It was either a quick world title feud with Benoit or languishing doing nothing in particular in the mid-card, even though he's a perfectly believable challenger.

Dirtyunderweartaker
07-02-2004, 07:19 PM
overated:

anyone that is not undertaker, lesnar, mankind, rock, stone cold, eugene, rvd, jake the snake, andre the giant, warrior, goldberg, road warriors, demolition, hogan, hhh, gilberg, kane, hbk, vince, nash, hall, sting, golddust, dudleys, and i can't think of any others right now.

to bad some of these guys are either dead or retired, but it's guys like these that made wwe worth watching. all these guys evolved with time so everyone watching did not fall asleep immediately, like now, wasted talent.

underated:

ferocious he is a one hundred and twenty pound computer geek that will amount to nothing his whole life, and the computer is his only friend.

do the world a favor and end yourself.

you deserve nothing but pain and misery your whole life :)

PorkSoda
07-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Overrated
Triple H
Stephanie Mcmahon is when shes on TV.

Underrated
Garrison Cade
RVD
Booker-T
Paul London
Ultimo Dragon. He Was. Huge mistake getting rid of him. Classic WWE Dud.
Kanyon. He was as well, or is he still employed?
Matt Hardy