PDA

View Full Version : I need opinions (memorabilia)

Gonzo
07-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Okay, here is the skinny and I need some honest opinions:

I have a cousin that played college football for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in the late 80's. I believe he was a senior in '89. He had a pretty decent career in the NFL with the Chargers. So, my grandfather, who helped him with his finances and such passed away a couple years ago and my grandmother contracted alzheimers. Anyways we sold the house and we were going through the office, I came across a portrait and a team photo of the Irish in '89.

So, the team photo of the Irish football team is a little discolored on some parts which I say takes about 20% off of the purchase price or so and the portrait is of long time Irish football coach Lou Holtz who know coaches the South Carolina Gamecocks. Both of the pictures are autographed by Lou Holtz, the portrait and team photo are both in original frames and the portrait is MINT.

My question, rather than just throwing them up on ebay because I'd wish to keep them for a while, is what do you think they will go for? What would you be willing to pay for them assuming you collect something like that? Just need someone's opinions. :y: Thanks. :y: