PDA

View Full Version : From Lara's Vast Archives: Spot or Event of the Week, WEEK #1

Lara Emily
07-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Hey, I was thinking while watching DDP vs Raven from Spring Stampede 1998 that I should use my vast wrestling archive and bring some cool spots or events to you the TPWW.net Wrestling Forum readers. So I've decided to make this a weekly event. Each week I will cut out a spot or event from one of my wrestling matches and post it here.

This week's spot is:

A very nice Diamond Cutter on Kidman from Spring Stamepde 1998. This comes near the end of the DDP vs Raven match, which was fought under Raven's rules. Through out the match Raven called in various Flock members to help him out, rarely a successful endeavour I must say. Just prior to this Diamond Cutter spot, DDP had taken out a large part of the Flock with a Stop Sign that Lodi had originally tossed to Raven. A stop sign that would be instrumental alongside the debut of the "great" Horace Hogan in Raven's victory just a few short moments after what I am about to show you. Anyways without further adieu I give you just one of many reasons why the Diamond Cutter is without a doubt one of the greatest impact finishers of all time.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/larissaemily/amazingdiamondcutter.mpg (right click save as)

Lara Emily
07-02-2004, 05:31 PM
BTW sorry about the slow server.

Disturbed316
07-02-2004, 05:41 PM
:love: I loved this Diamond Cutter :love:

I dont know which fued was better, DDP/Raven or DDP/Savage?

What do you think Lara?

LK
07-02-2004, 05:45 PM
That kicked ass. The Diamond Cutter is great.

Disturbed316
07-02-2004, 05:50 PM
BTW another great Diamond Cutter to Kidman when DDP and Raven had the last man standing match in the cage, and Kidman grabbed the cage roof and swung towards DDP feet first. DDP then pushed him back and then nailed him with the Diamond Cutter :love:

Ferocious
07-02-2004, 05:53 PM
:cool: Best Diamond cutter I've ever seen.

PS This is a great idea for a thread, can't wait for the next installment :)

Lara Emily
07-02-2004, 06:02 PM
:love: I loved this Diamond Cutter :love:

I dont know which fued was better, DDP/Raven or DDP/Savage?

What do you think Lara?
Seeing as how I didn't get to see much of DDP/Savage ( well pretty much none, didn't start watching wrestling again until 1998 :(, and DDP believe it or not is not that popular in terms of downloadable matches) I'd have to go with DDP/Raven, consisting of some great amazing matches, what with this match from Spring Stampede 1998, the Bowery Cage Death match, that featured WCW's Version of the Chairshot heard around the world at Slamboree alongside another sweet Diamond Cutter on Kidman (poor guy lol), and the 3 way match between Raven/DDP/Benoit at Uncensored 1998.

Lara Emily
07-02-2004, 06:04 PM
BTW another great Diamond Cutter to Kidman when DDP and Raven had the last man standing match in the cage, and Kidman grabbed the cage roof and swung towards DDP feet first. DDP then pushed him back and then nailed him with the Diamond Cutter :love:
Indeed, heh we both thought of it :love:

That'll be a candidate for a future installment. Maybe even a midweek special :D

Disturbed316
07-02-2004, 06:04 PM
:D

natureboycv
07-02-2004, 06:05 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>That was awesome. :cool:</font></b>

Loose Cannon
07-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Nice Lara. I didn't DL it yet, but I like this idea. Some more people should get some more columns going each week.

Lara Emily
07-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Nice Lara. I didn't DL it yet, but I like this idea. Some more people should get some more columns going each week.Yeah I might actually run 2 of these one for Spot/event of the week, another for match review of the week. I have enough matches to do a review once a week for about 20-25 years LOL.

BTW when you get the cance check out the clip and let me know what you think beause if Randy Orton could learn to do the movie like this I'd love him forever.

James Steele
07-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Find a finisher for Cena too :shifty:

Evil Vito
<font color=goldenrod>That was sick.</font> :cool:

Loose Cannon
Cool Clip. Is that the PPV where Raven wins the US Title ony to lose it the next night to Golberg :mad: I'll talk more about that moment in my rewind, but that pissed me off.

Anyway, I think when Orton turns babyface sometime down the line, he'll do his RKO's like Page and do them out of nowhere. Those are types of things babyfaces do, cause it makes the fans pop.

Lara Emily
07-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Cool Clip. Is that the PPV where Raven wins the US Title ony to lose it the next night to Golberg :mad: I'll talk more about that moment in my rewind, but that pissed me off.

Anyway, I think when Orton turns babyface sometime down the line, he'll do his RKO's like Page and do them out of nowhere. Those are types of things babyfaces do, cause it makes the fans pop.

Yeah it was. It was annoying that they revolved the match around that at times to. Right down to Penzer mentioning it during the ring intros.

Corkscrewed
07-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Okay, I think I just marked out. That was AWESOME!!! I'm beginning to understand this Diamond Cutter business.

Lara Emily
07-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Okay, I think I just marked out. That was AWESOME!!! I'm beginning to understand this Diamond Cutter business.
A supplement for everyone's enjoyment: http://members.lycos.co.uk/larissaemily/diamondcutters.gif

It's a 1 meg animated Gif I put together a long time ago of Diamond Cutters I found on the net. Ignore the first one I really don't know why I threw in Karl Malone's Diamond Cutter. :D

Tornado
07-02-2004, 07:11 PM
that was pretty awesome

Hired Hitman
07-03-2004, 01:49 AM
nice, Diamond Cutter is classic

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2004, 05:10 AM
It was OK, I guess. :shifty:

Cool idea Lara, I'm looking forward to the next edition. :y: