PDA

View Full Version : If your Favourite Football Team

Ferocious
07-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Could sign one player over this summer, who would you want it to be?

Try and keep it realistic I don't wanna read loads of Bollocks about Man City fans wanting to sign Thierry Henry.

Realistically who would you like to see your club sign?

I would like to see Middlesbrough sign John Carew, Not out of our league in terms of being able to afford him and a quality player. Can Hold the ball up and is tremendous with his head.

Skeletor2
07-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Mido

The Mask
07-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Rooney or an injury free Duff.

Possibly that Vicente guy instead, but I haven't seen enough of him to comment.

Gonzo
07-02-2004, 09:12 PM
You know any of you guys would take Adu, he is a phenom.

Ferocious
07-02-2004, 09:23 PM
You know any of you guys would take Adu, he is a phenom.
You've never seen him play, He's only 14 now and hasn't ever played a senior game. You've only seen him on Championship Manager.

Ferocious
07-02-2004, 09:24 PM
PS don't forget to tell us which teams :'(

Gonzo
07-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Hey he plays on an American team pal, and I have too seen him.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-03-2004, 01:14 AM
Yea he plays MLS

Doink
07-03-2004, 05:55 AM
Could sign one player over this summer, who would you want it to be?

I would like to see Middlesbrough sign John Carew, .

we have enough shite up front, he doesnt score enough goals so id say hell no to that one.

i'd like to see middlesbrough sign scott parker, he would complement boatang and has an eye for goal. he could be a realistic signing as a) i dont think chelsea's new manager fancies him, b) he wouldnt cost to much (i hope) c) if he is expensive there is always the opion of having him on loan

toxic rooster
07-03-2004, 06:17 AM
I dunno who I'd like to see Arsenal sign, as we are perfect.

Doink
07-03-2004, 06:21 AM
I dunno who I'd like to see Arsenal sign, as we are perfect.

:lol: :| yeh i remember leeds thinking this aswell, there is always room for improvment, always.

:y:

toxic rooster
07-03-2004, 06:22 AM
What, just because we're going to run into horrible debt trying to build a stadium? :mad:.

All due respect, we're not Leeds sunshine.

Doink
07-03-2004, 06:42 AM
What, just because we're going to run into horrible debt trying to build a stadium? :mad:.

All due respect, we're not Leeds sunshine.

i know this and arsenal have the finacial sence not to let the leeds thing happen to them, i ment dont think your team doesnt need improvement, you went unbeaten last season except for the cup games you lost

*Doink takes time out to point out the fact that Boro beat Arsenal twice in the league cup last year :D *

so the point im making is you may have gone unbeaten but you didnt win all you could and you drew games :nono: so therefore you are not perfect ha i win you need to think of someone to sign to improve your team!

Mr. Monday Morning
07-03-2004, 07:39 AM
Arsenal could sign Davids. Him and Vieira would absolutely destroy any other midfield.

As for us, if Nigel Reo-Coker is indeed on a free we should get him. That, or someone like Michael Tonge.

Wengerland
07-03-2004, 08:30 AM
As for us, if Nigel Reo-Coker is indeed on a free we should get him.

Seriously? :eek:

Right now i'd just like to see Leicester buy someone under the age of 30 :(. Can't think of anyone right now though.

toxic rooster
07-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Pascal Cygan :shifty:

Rob Ban Fan
07-03-2004, 08:57 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Danny Murphy, Dietmar Hamann and Diego Forlan.</font>

Rob Ban Fan
07-03-2004, 09:02 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">and thats seriously :$

Murphy is the man but he doesnt even get in the Liverpool team anymore and Benitez will be wanting to sign his own players so its not that stupid of an idea. Him next to Amdy Faye with Faye doing all the grafting work for him he would be the man :cool:

Hamann is old, once again Benitez might want his own people and Hamann is quality.

Forlan is young and THE MAN. Seriously, if he played in a team for any stretch of time, rather than coming in for 2 games at a time when van Nistelrooy is injured or for the last 10 minutes of games, he would get goals. Plus United are suposedly after Rooney so that would leave them with Rooney, Smith, Saha, Solskjaer, van Nistelrooy, Bellion and Forlan. Season long loan-me up. :cool:</font>

Rob
07-03-2004, 09:18 AM
I'd want Forlan to go out to Pompey on a season loan. As long as we don't sell him. Time to sell Solskjaer though.

As for Man U, erm... dunno. Gattuso would be nice.

Rob Ban Fan
07-03-2004, 09:23 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Gattuso is the man. I didnt want Italy to go out just because of him :'(

I was trying to think of a right winger we could sign too but I couldn't really come up with anyone :o</font>

Mr. Monday Morning
07-03-2004, 09:30 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Gattuso is the man. I didnt want Italy to go out just because of him :'(

I was trying to think of a right winger we could sign too but I couldn't really come up with anyone :o</font>

Poborsky :$

Rob
07-03-2004, 09:33 AM
We could do with a back up left winger but Gattuso is definately the man I want in a Man U shirt. Even more than that pikey boy wonder at Everton.

toxic rooster
07-03-2004, 09:37 AM
Gattuso is the man. I didnt want Italy to go out just because of him :'(

I was trying to think of a right winger we could sign too but I couldn't really come up with anyone :o
*cough*Ljungberg*cough*

:shifty:

Rob Ban Fan
07-03-2004, 09:41 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I did think about Ljungberg but then realised a) its meant to be realistic and b) Ljungberg is more of an attacking midfielder than a winger. Im talking about someone that will stay wide and get crosses into the box, get shit loads of assists rather than goals :'(</font>

Rob
07-03-2004, 09:41 AM
Clubs would have to be nuts not to ask about Milan Baros too now. Apparently he is already mad pissed at Benitez for not going 15 minutes down the road to see him when he was visiting the English Liverpool players in Portugal.

Rob Ban Fan
07-03-2004, 09:43 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">we tried to get him on loan in january, he was always quality, he just doesn't play well with Owen. Never has, never will. To be honest id rather Baros than Owen.</font>

Danny Electric
07-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Robert Ayala - Liverpool

toxic rooster
07-03-2004, 09:49 AM
I did think about Ljungberg but then realised a) its meant to be realistic and b) Ljungberg is more of an attacking midfielder than a winger. Im talking about someone that will stay wide and get crosses into the box, get shit loads of assists rather than goals :'(
Realistic?

Well I'm screwed then. :mad:.

Who can Arsenal sign that will realistically improve their squad?

(Apart from Davids, as was mentioned earlier in this thread).

Rob Ban Fan
07-03-2004, 09:52 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">a striker? Since Reyes isnt the finished article yet, Bergkamp is old, Wiltord and Kanu are gone, Aliadiare is young and van Persie is untested.

back up defenders? back up wingers? a keeper that isnt a psycho?</font>

Rob
07-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Realistic?

Well I'm screwed then. :mad:.

Who can Arsenal sign that will realistically improve their squad?

(Apart from Davids, as was mentioned earlier in this thread).

Erm... a new keeper, 2 new defenders, Ljungberg's day has gone and Pires's is coming soon. Bergkamp can certainly be replaced and look how they struggled without Henry.

toxic rooster
07-03-2004, 10:19 AM
a keeper that isnt a psycho?
Lehmann may be a psycho, but he only let in 26 goals last Premiership season. I'd take that over a non-psycho keeper any day :o.

I suppose buying a striker would be a bit tricky, given that they'd probably have to establish themselves around the way Henry plays. I'd say that part of Henry's problem playing for France is that he's alongside Trezeguet, who takes up a fair bit of his space. Then again, we've got nothing when he is injured/rested, like he was in the FA cup semi.

Erm... a new keeper, 2 new defenders, Ljungberg's day has gone and Pires's is coming soon. Bergkamp can certainly be replaced and look how they struggled without Henry.
As I said, I don't agree with replacing Lehmann.

We currently have Cole, Campbell, Toure, Lauren, Cygan and Clichy in defence. I'll agree that Cygan is shite, get him out of there. Toure and Clichy will only get better. Cole will still be an angry bastard. Who can we realistically bring into our defence?

Bergkamp will probably be eventually replaced by Aliadiere, or possibly Bentley when he comes back from Norwich.

Pennant will be better for the experience at Leeds. Probably have to look outside the club to find eventual replacements for the 2 wingers though.

THE QUESTION IS WHO :o

LK
07-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Player to sign for Man Utd. *thinking* I would like to see them sign Deco or Rafael Van Der Vaart. Both quality attacking midfielders. Allesandro Nesta would also be a great signing to solidify our defence.

toxic rooster
07-03-2004, 10:38 AM
But will he remember to piss in a cup? :o

Wengerland
07-03-2004, 10:56 AM
It would be nice to see Matty Piper back here.

toxic rooster
07-03-2004, 10:58 AM
I'd love it if Arsenal signed Muzzy Izzet :shifty:

Dun sue me

Ferocious
07-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Just as a thought, Boro could sign Phillippe Mexes. Southgate and Ehiogu aren't exactly srping chcikens anymore and we don't really have any back up aside from Chris Riggott who is a pile of shite anyways.

Also we should sign Jesper Gronkjaer as we need a new left sided midfielder. Now that Zenden has gone back to Chelsea. Gronkjaer can play on the left or right of midfield and is absolutely class.

Wengerland
07-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Keep it realistic Gooner :roll:

Karagounis on loan would be good too, he rarely plays for Inter but i guess it's more likely that he'd go to a premiership club :-\

Then again Dalmat has gone on loan to Tolouse and they're hardly the biggest French club.

Doink
07-03-2004, 12:05 PM
and dalmat was hardly the best player!

i wouldnt go for jesper G as not consistant enough, as a thought i wonder if ryan giggs could be made available?

if not as a realistic option - marc overmars, although hes 31 he could still do a job while helping young stewart downing out as he is the man to sort out our left wing problem, even frankie quodrue could be turned into a left winger, just need a left back now. colin cooper can play there until i think of someone else

Rob
07-03-2004, 08:24 PM
As I said, I don't agree with replacing Lehmann.

We currently have Cole, Campbell, Toure, Lauren, Cygan and Clichy in defence. I'll agree that Cygan is shite, get him out of there. Toure and Clichy will only get better. Cole will still be an angry bastard. Who can we realistically bring into our defence?

Bergkamp will probably be eventually replaced by Aliadiere, or possibly Bentley when he comes back from Norwich.

Pennant will be better for the experience at Leeds. Probably have to look outside the club to find eventual replacements for the 2 wingers though.

THE QUESTION IS WHO :o

Lehmann is gonna be a bigger calamity than David James was this season.

Cole and Campbell are good enough. The rest can easily be replaced with better players.

Bergkamp is lucky he even got a deal and what use is a player who can't play in major away games which involve flight travel?

Pennant probably won't even get a game for Arsenal. Dunno why but he probably won't.

Rob Ban Fan
07-04-2004, 08:55 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Lehmann may have only coneded a few goals last season but part of that was down to the defence infront of him. Aside from the fact he's mental and he was lucky not to be sent off or banned last season, like Rob says he is a bit dodgy. When we played you at Fratton Park he was at fault for our goal we scored, countless times he came sprinting out of his box for no reason, he nearly put the ball into his own net because he didn't communicate with Kolo Toure properly.

Also he's old. So you could do with a new keeper.

A couple of injuries in defence and you'll be looking pretty bare. Ljungberg hasn't been great for the past couple of seasons, so like I said, back up wingers. And again a strike partner for Henry. Strength in depth is important.

Also, Eirik Bakke, id like us to sign him :'(</font>

Hired Hitman
07-04-2004, 09:42 AM
I agree, Lehmann is a bit dodgy

toxic rooster
07-04-2004, 09:52 AM
OK, I think the point of this thread was to actually name names as to who we'd like to see our clubs sign.

Obviously, it seems Arsenal need a new keeper, 2 wingers and maybe another striker.

WHO :rant:

Rob
07-04-2004, 09:55 AM
The point was who would you want to see at your cl;ub. You said you thought your team couldn't get any better so we disagreed.

toxic rooster
07-04-2004, 10:26 AM
That's just "your" opinion :ROLL:

Rob
07-04-2004, 11:31 AM
Er... yeah ok. Taxi for this dude.

Mr. Monday Morning
07-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Don't forget Arsenal are signing Trabelsi, he's not a bad defender at all

El Capitano Gatisto
07-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Arsenal signed a keeper this week.

Wengerland
07-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Apparantely we've been linked with Connolly, which would suit me.

Either him or Zamora, Zamora may not have been a success at West Ham but i think that he could pull it together with Micky as his boss once more.

Oxstar
07-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Palace could sign a bunch of foriegn internationals, Latvians, slovakians maybe the entire San Marino squad. Ok to be realistic I would like Palace to sign Matt Etherington and Marlon Harewood. Anyone else I would like to come to Palace is unrealistic cause of wages.