PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with what Flair had to say about Triple H?

I-Hate-You
07-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Here is one direct quote from the book, "There's one major reason why Triple H truly is "The Game" in this industry: if he's in the ring with a guy who isn't up to par, Hunter takes it as his responsibility to make a guy look good. As I've said repeatedly, if you want to be the best - whether your philosophy is old school, new school, whatever - you go out and make your opponent look as good as humanly possible. That's the way I was my entire career, and that's the way Hunter is now". (P 316)

Kane Knight
07-02-2004, 11:06 PM
So when has this happened?

Kane Knight
07-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Oh wait. HE'S the one who's below par, which is why he takes it on himself to make himself look good.

Nowhere Man
07-02-2004, 11:13 PM
So how exactly does no-selling all of his opponents' finishers and offense make them "look good?"

Hired Hitman
07-02-2004, 11:44 PM
because he's the Game! :shifty:

Batsu
07-02-2004, 11:46 PM
if that quote was said in 2000 or even 2001, I'd believe it.

But from 2002 on, that's just a blatant case of asslicking.

HHH has gotten a little better...but not to his earlier greatness.

MVP
07-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Flair is wrong.

Triple H never made Kevin Nash or Scott Steiner look good.

Volchok
07-02-2004, 11:56 PM
can anyone make Nash and Steiner look good?

Batsu
07-03-2004, 12:05 AM

Believe it or not, I think it was Goldberg that made Nash look good, in that infamous "taser-ending" match for the belt. Goldberg was pretty much the most over guy in WCW by then, and even though neither are really spectacular, I hold that match up as a high point for both of them.

as for Steiner, I can't think of anyone off hand....besides himself...and since leaving WCW he hasn't been able to do much of that. In WWE he seemed so generic, and the loss of the one thing that might have kept him interesting (his Screwdriver finisher) didn't help the matter.

FourFifty
07-03-2004, 12:29 AM

<font color=cyan>No.
All of the sudden I feel like I'm getting ripped off since I ordered his book... :(

MVP
07-03-2004, 12:43 AM
can anyone make Nash and Steiner look good?JBL :?:

ColdwaVer
07-03-2004, 12:48 AM
I agree with the idea that HHH <i>used</i> to do that. He probably still could, and hell he <i>did</i> do a good job with Shelton, but he could be doing a lot more. He simply chooses not to because he doesn't have to put that effort in anymore.

Ferocious
07-03-2004, 01:15 AM
In a word 'No'

6to1
07-03-2004, 01:25 AM
Believe it or not, I think it was Goldberg that made Nash look good, in that infamous "taser-ending" match for the belt. Goldberg was pretty much the most over guy in WCW by then, and even though neither are really spectacular, I hold that match up as a high point for both of them.

as for Steiner, I can't think of anyone off hand....besides himself...and since leaving WCW he hasn't been able to do much of that. In WWE he seemed so generic, and the loss of the one thing that might have kept him interesting (his Screwdriver finisher) didn't help the matter.
steiner is so banged up no one could make him look good. the only way he could have been good in wwe was to be a manager

Shadow
07-03-2004, 01:47 AM

Not even god Himself can make those two look good.

The CyNick
07-03-2004, 02:45 AM
He did that to a point in 2000, but nowhere near the level that Flair did night in and night out. He has done it here and there, like against Benjamin, but in reality most matches he's only out to make himself look good.

The fact that Foley said that shows that his whole book is a work, how can you take anything else he says seriously?

I mean you cant blame him, he knows who to suck up to, and he knows Hunter is such a big mark for himself he'll believe the BS Flair shoots at him, but it hurts the credibility of Flair's book when you hear garbage like that.

James Steele
07-03-2004, 02:59 AM
Flair's legacy is getting pissed on every day... Flair needs to lay off the complimentary booze on the WWE jet.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Funky Fly
07-03-2004, 03:00 AM
*resists urge to say Ultimo Dragon*

Seriously, if you can't move, let alone wrestle, how do you expect to look good? :D

Goldbird
07-03-2004, 03:19 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Flair > HHH anyday anytime anywhere.

LK
07-03-2004, 10:03 AM
I would agree with that from 1999 to 2001 but since 2002 HHH hasn't made anyone look good that I can think of besides from maybe Shelton. Since he returned he hasn't been anywhere near his old standard and has made more people look worse than better. For example Booker T, Chris Jericho, Kane and RVD

Blue Demon
07-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Flair's legacy is getting pissed on every day... Flair needs to lay off the complimentary booze on the WWE jet.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Gerard
07-03-2004, 11:24 AM

Scott steiner..i dunno, used to be it was him making others look good, now hes so bulked up and stiff looking hes lost a lot of his flexability and mobility in the ring. Even the way he gets through the ropes looks akward, hes also the only guy i know thats managed to f*ck up a move as simple as a powerbomb two matches in a row. :n:

Saying that though theyre supposodly letting him sit out his contract when they have a lot worse than him on the active roster. :-\

Gerard
07-03-2004, 11:25 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerald.marley/Sig%20pics/w000000000000000000000000000.gif

:wave:

Sensei Of Mattitude
07-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Page 316?

Hired Hitman
07-03-2004, 11:52 AM
That is scary :$

Mr. JL
07-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Yeah! Jericho made Nash look the best he's ever looked in 5 years in their little feud where Nash lost his hair.

Jericho & RVD made Steiner look very impressive as well. I always did enjoy the few RVD-Steiner matches we got to see on RAW.

Corkscrewed
07-03-2004, 03:01 PM
- Chris Jericho
- Booker T
- Kane
- Rob Van Dam

Did he make those guys look good?

natureboycv
07-03-2004, 03:06 PM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerald.marley/Sig%20pics/w000000000000000000000000000.gif

:wave:
:love:

John la Rock
07-03-2004, 03:46 PM
ya it looks like it's all a work :(

Edge
07-03-2004, 06:01 PM
- Chris Jericho
- Booker T
- Kane
- Rob Van Dam

Did he make those guys look good?

Of course he made Jericho look good.

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2004, 09:07 PM
I agree with that statement 100%. Triple H puts on great matches, and has made all of Evolution look great, as well as Eugene Dinsmore, Shelton Benjamin and those previously mentioned. He doesn't need to job to all of them to do that. He is probably the most credible guy on RAW, and rightfully so, he works his best, and although we might not agree with all of the rumours we here, he is probably the heart of the WWE right now.

Wondermouse
07-04-2004, 01:20 AM

I think HBK won the PWI MOTY for his no holds barred with Nash.

Prior to... '00, Steiner didn't need anyone to make him look good.

Mayo
07-04-2004, 01:32 AM
I agree with that statement 100%. Triple H puts on great matches, and has made all of Evolution look great, as well as Eugene Dinsmore, Shelton Benjamin and those previously mentioned. He doesn't need to job to all of them to do that. He is probably the most credible guy on RAW, and rightfully so, he works his best, and although we might not agree with all of the rumours we here, he is probably the heart of the WWE right now.

I'm going to restate stuff that has been said hundreds of times:

Triple H's matches are not very fun to watch anymore. He is not trying as hard as he was a few years ago, since he basically doesn't have to anymore. He's banging a nice piece of ass in Stephanie, so that is why he is still featured on Raw every single week. I think his use of backstage politics and his unwillingness to put people over (from about 2003- early 2004) is what took his credibility away. He has been better with putting guys over as of late, and he is still the main man on Raw right now. HHH is good, but he's definitely not the Game anymore.

Mr. Nerfect
07-04-2004, 02:09 AM
I'm going to restate stuff that has been said hundreds of times:

Triple H's matches are not very fun to watch anymore. He is not trying as hard as he was a few years ago, since he basically doesn't have to anymore. He's banging a nice piece of ass in Stephanie, so that is why he is still featured on Raw every single week. I think his use of backstage politics and his unwillingness to put people over (from about 2003- early 2004) is what took his credibility away. He has been better with putting guys over as of late, and he is still the main man on Raw right now. HHH is good, but he's definitely not the Game anymore.

They're some good points. Not to sound like I'm making excuses for him, but maybe he's just been a little less bouncy in the ring since he got back from his injury. Things like that can scare people. I've noticed Triple H settle down in the ring, but he can still work on high with Benoit and Benjamin.

Londoner
07-04-2004, 09:59 AM
You tell me one exciting match triple h has had this year.

c4g2
07-04-2004, 10:12 AM
You tell me one exciting match triple h has had this year.
Triple H vs HBK vs Benoit (He dropped the title at the biggest PPV in recent WWE history by tapping out)

Londoner
07-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Yeah i meant singles match though, only one i can think of is Shelton Benjamin, and if it wasn't for Shelton i would've lost all interest in that match from the start to be honest.

Goldbird
07-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Yeah i meant singles match though, only one i can think of is Shelton Benjamin, and if it wasn't for Shelton i would've lost all interest in that match from the start to be honest.
Triple H is getting better than the day...

I wonder how many days has Stephanie rejected sex from him now... ;)

RaginRonic
07-04-2004, 02:02 PM
I dunno if this has anything to do with this topic, but I'll say it anyway.

The only way that Paul 'Triple H' Leveque's influence can be eradicated from WWE is for the Ultimate Warrior to return, beat Hunter down like the little bitch that he (Hunter) is, and then, break Hunter's neck and end his career!

Say, I'm a Frickin' Genius! :) :D

Whaddy'all say, huh! :D

c4g2
07-04-2004, 02:03 PM

The only way that Paul 'Triple H' Leveque's influence can be eradicated from WWE is for the Ultimate Warrior to return, beat Hunter down like the little bitch that he (Hunter) is, and then, break Hunter's neck and end his career!

:|

Edge
07-04-2004, 06:05 PM

:nono:

Londoner
07-04-2004, 06:25 PM

How have you got so many green reps? :wtf: :shifty: :| :n: :roll: :rant: :o

c4g2
07-04-2004, 06:29 PM
How have you got so many green reps? :wtf: :shifty: :| :n: :roll: :rant: :o
A bad rep for that :D

Favre4Ever
07-04-2004, 06:47 PM
lol

Nark Order
07-06-2004, 04:07 AM
I cunt beeleev all ov u bashin Stiner and nAsh like tat. Thy r the bestt this indostrie hass to off er.

U R all idots...