PDA

View Full Version : Backstage WWE News: John Cena, The Undertaker, Kenzo Suzuki

Joe Kerr
07-05-2004, 01:36 PM
John Cena's "poop" promo against Kenzo Suzuki was written by Brian Gerwirtz. Gerwirtz is one of McMahon's favorite writers and McMahon is a big fan of "poop" jokes, so that explains that.

- The Undertaker pushed to cut out any sort of waiting period on TV as to whether he would be a heel or face. That is why the angle played out how it did yesterday.

- While everyone realizes that Kenzo Suzuki is coming off very green in the ring, he has fit in well backstage and is liked by everyone. His wife is also fitting in well backstage.

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/index.php?id=headlines/91007374

The CyNick
07-05-2004, 01:38 PM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Lime][B]
- The Undertaker pushed to cut out any sort of waiting period on TV as to whether he would be a heel or face. That is why the angle played out how it did yesterday.

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/index.php?id=headlines/91007374

Smackdown is on Sunday's now? I gotta change my TiVo.

Joe Kerr
07-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Smackdown is on Sunday's now? I gotta change my TiVo.

sometimes its on saturdays and sunday here...

Kane Knight
07-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Why doesn't it surprise me that Vince likes Potty humour?

The CyNick
07-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Okay then,

Just pointing out that the guy who posted those "newz" strories didn't bother to change the dates after he stole them from PWI (which is a sad place to steal news from in the first place, but thats another story).

Team Sheep
07-05-2004, 01:55 PM
So this brian guy did the booker t/cena angle a few weeks ago then i guess. :-\

Batsu
07-06-2004, 12:25 AM
The poop jokes are gold when delivered by John Cena. It's so left field from his rap promos that they're great... they shouldn't drain the well dry on that, though.

Corkscrewed
07-06-2004, 01:09 AM
Well, even tho Kenzo sucks in the ring, if he's being a nice guy backstage, I gotta respect the guy. I guess I'll lay a bit low on the Suzuki jokes. It's much better than a noob getting a push, doing badly, and being all arrogant about it.

LK
07-06-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Corkscrewed
Well, even tho Kenzo sucks in the ring, if he's being a nice guy backstage, I gotta respect the guy. I guess I'll lay a bit low on the Suzuki jokes. It's much better than a noob getting a push, doing badly, and being all arrogant about it.
:y:

c4g2
07-06-2004, 10:22 AM
That Japanese woman is Kenzo's wife? :eek:

Corkscrewed
07-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Yeah. WWE signed both to contracts, so to everyone who wants to fire Kenzo but keep the girl... that won't happen. It'll either be one gone or both gone (unless they get a divorce).

tucsonspeed6
07-06-2004, 06:49 PM
Say, this gives me an idea.

Let's flood Vince with emails about how we the fans would love to see a wrestler with a "drunken Irishman" gimmick, or a wrestler who plays an Old money billionare who can't make any business work out because he's a complete fucking failure.

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2004, 07:52 PM

Corkscrewed, if I could give you rep I would. :y:

My thoughts exactly, he's no Chris Benoit, but if you have a wrestling organisation that focuses only on mat abilities, your company would go under for sure. Backstage attitude is more important than good wrestling skills. Plus Kenzo Suzuki is intense and has gotten heat quicker than a lot of other guys. His wife (Hiroko Suzuki) is supposed to be a pretty good wrestler too, isn't she? In Japan all the fit guys that get public attention get the hot chicks.