PDA

View Full Version : "HOW THE INTERNET HAS RUINED PRO WRESTLING"

Marc the Smark
07-07-2004, 12:08 AM
PWTorch.com Guest Editorial
Michael Berman, Westford, Mass.
PWTorch.com reader

Wrestling is fake. There is no denying that. Granted the injuries can be real, the deaths are more than real, but all and all the concept of pro-wrestling is entertainment. Well why is it that this is the only form of entertainment that 30-65 percent of an audience doesn't like but continues to watch?

What am I talking about? I am talking about you, yes, you reading this column right now. Those who have watched shows like Raw and Smackdown and say that the shows suck or say that they are stupid but continue to watch it. Are you mad yet? I am insulting you and your "freedom of speech" you must be saying, if you don't like what we say don't read it. Well here lies the problem. I am not writing this for me. I am writing this for them, the marks, the fans who don't have the understanding of the business as say you or I.

These are the fans that type in wrestling on a search engine and come across websites, due to my journalistic integrity I will not slam websites but we all know whom I am referring to. Once these fans sift through the "Naked pics of Trish Stratus," they come across the "reputable" websites who give a legitimate take on wrestling in the world today.

So what is my point, my point is that people write their views and feelings, negative or positive about say for example the WWE. They write what stinks about it, what needs to change about it, how much the writers stink. Well you know what, maybe it does suck. What I want to know, and I am sure there are people out there like me who want to know, what would you do? If the shows are so boring and lame how would you fix it. If your going to trash the booking tell us what you would do. That is all I ask.

So this leads me to my subject. The internet ruined the wrestling industry because it is so one-sided and jaded. People say that, for example, Chris Beniot should be the champion. Well let me tell you something. If he should be champion, then so should a guy like Lance Storm. Do you want to know the difference between them and Kurt Angle? Kurt Angle has mic skills and wrestling talent. The days of someone just being a "grappler" is dead. Granted Storm and Beniot are both very talented but they are not "championship material" in the WWE today. Why is Triple H still champ? Why is Kevin Nash pushed despite his lack of moves? Because they have the charisma. They know how to market themselves to get the butts in the seats.

Granted it's not 1998 anymore, we don't have the element of completion that we had before. But it's still the whole gimmick that gets a guy over whether face or heel not just how well he can put on a Sharpshooter. Now to play devil's advocate I will give the example of Sting. He said absolutely nothing from 1996-1997 but why was he over? Because the storyline was a booker's dream. He had mystique and would come down from the rafters or just stay up there with his bat and point and say absolutely nothing. His program was against an entire gang, which is why he didn't have to speak, which is why when he said "LA MAMA CITA" after his "win" at Starcade '97, it was almost humorous.

In closing, I would like to say that I want feedback. I would LOVE feedback. I want to know why I am a "fan boy" or a "smart" or even god forbid a "mark." Because you know what, I would rather be a mark and enjoy what is supposed to be entertainment than be bitter and complain about every little thing in this business. I wish I never discovered the internet "dirt sheets." I wish none of you did either because maybe if these didn't exist than maybe just maybe you could enjoy something that you enjoyed as a child or as a teenager, but you know the difference, you would be not a critic, but a fan!

I posted this article to see what you think of it, not that I necessarily agree with it. - RHS

Savio
07-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Didn't you post this before?

OssMan
07-07-2004, 12:09 AM
didn't you post this already.

Marc the Smark
07-07-2004, 12:10 AM
I don't recall. If I did I'm sorry.

The Naitch
07-07-2004, 12:10 AM
good job

Loose Cannon
07-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I don't think the Randy Orton is your best friend Internet has ruined Wrestling. The bookers and Randy Orton is the best IC Champ ever. the fact that kayfabe has been broken so TPWW LOVES RANDY ORTON many times throughout the past couple of Bow Down to Master Orton years. I think the fans know too Loose Cannon for Mod much and have seen it all because of what has been Kane Knight loves Mordecai. shown on TV with shows like Tough Enough and whatever else. So, it's there own dam fault that Rob likes reading Joey Radd's news wrestling is not what it used to be.

Savio
07-07-2004, 12:27 AM
LC I'll vote for you if you read my Action packed story.

Loose Cannon
07-07-2004, 12:30 AM
I'll read it tommorrow Actually, I won't read it at all, I'm just making shit up as I go I'm to tired right now.

CosaNostra
07-07-2004, 09:38 AM
"Why is Kevin Nash pushed despite his lack of moves? Because they have the charisma". :wtf:

The Mackem
07-07-2004, 09:55 AM
When did Nash return? :shifty:

big_bluto
07-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I don't think the Randy Orton is your best friend Internet has ruined Wrestling. The bookers and Randy Orton is the best IC Champ ever. the fact that kayfabe has been broken so TPWW LOVES RANDY ORTON many times throughout the past couple of Bow Down to Master Orton years. I think the fans know too Loose Cannon for Mod much and have seen it all because of what has been Kane Knight loves Mordecai. shown on TV with shows like Tough Enough and whatever else. So, it's there own dam fault that Rob likes reading Joey Radd's news wrestling is not what it used to be. :wtf:
Freaky post!
Almost made me want to go and check out the vengeance poster.:shifty:

James Steele
07-07-2004, 12:36 PM
I have the sudden urge to botch the diamond cutter :shifty:

The CyNick
07-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Yeah I recall ripping apart this article before.

Nark Order
07-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I don't think the Randy Orton is your best friend Internet has ruined Wrestling. The bookers and Randy Orton is the best IC Champ ever. the fact that kayfabe has been broken so TPWW LOVES RANDY ORTON many times throughout the past couple of Bow Down to Master Orton years. I think the fans know too Loose Cannon for Mod much and have seen it all because of what has been Kane Knight loves Mordecai. shown on TV with shows like Tough Enough and whatever else. So, it's there own dam fault that Rob likes reading Joey Radd's news wrestling is not what it used to be.
lol

Pegasus Crawford
07-07-2004, 06:25 PM

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Loose Cannon again." :heart:

Innovator
07-07-2004, 06:34 PM
I don't know why but all I want to do now is watch Randy Orton matches...

loopydate
07-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Randy Orton is my best friend. Randy Orton is the best IC Champ ever. TPWW Loves Randy Orton. Bow down to Master Orton. Loose Cannon for Mod. Kane Knight loves Mordecai. Rob likes reading Joey Radd's news.

Don't know why I just said that...

Kane Knight
07-07-2004, 08:05 PM
This is back?

Corkscrewed
07-07-2004, 08:19 PM
I don't think that Randy Orton has ruined internet wrestling. I do recall Randy Orton posting this article before, though. In any case, that writers is not Randy Orton because he's a moron who uses bad examples. He should be like Randy Orton instead.

Volchok
07-07-2004, 08:55 PM
:yes: \/ \/ :yes:

Kane Knight
07-07-2004, 09:08 PM
I don't think that Randy Orton has ruined internet wrestling. I do recall Randy Orton posting this article before, though. In any case, that writers is not Randy Orton because he's a moron who uses bad examples. He should be like Randy Orton instead.
Rnady Orton is holding down Steiner.

Corkscrewed
07-08-2004, 02:54 PM
That's a lie! You take that back you big fat meanie!!!

Loose Cannon
07-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Cork, I thought you were HeartBreakid2k for a second. Your avatars are similar