PDA

View Full Version : WWF Old School Figures

Loose Cannon
07-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I was going through my closet the other day and I came upon all my old school WWF Figures buried underneath my School Books. I'm talking about the LJN Rubber ones and the Hasbro ones. I remember back in the day when I used to be obseessed with these things. I remember going to Toys R Us when I was little and just standing in front of the WWF Figues Display section waiting for my mom to see me there and feel soory for me and Buy me one. Never worked though as I usually only got them on my birthday and Christmas.

But, those were the good ol days. I remember making my own Federation and making matches everday, I couldn't stop playing with these things. Bret Hart was usually the Champion. Sometimes Hogan would take the Belt or the Warrior. I remember making the longest IC Title feud between Mr Perfect and Texas Tornado. I think the feud never ended. I had stables too. I had the "Perfect Team" (Perfect and all three Demolition members a la Survivor Series 90) I also had the Four Horsemen with Perfect, Mountie (LOL, WHAT?) Taker and Yokozuna. Crazy team.

I also called all the matches and my storylines were so much better then the WWF's IMO :naughty: At the age of 5,6, 7,8,9, those figures ruled all.

So post your memories of these figures and if you say you never played with figues your ass is lying. I know you bought the WWF ones. Oh yeah and list some of the guys you had. I do my list later, I gotta go.

Head
07-08-2004, 11:55 AM
I have almost every one of those ever made.

They ruled.

HankScorpio
07-08-2004, 11:57 AM
I had Ultimate Warrior and Hogan, I never liked them though, because you could never do anything decent with them, except bash them off each other and pretend they were doing the moves, I was never one for pretending.

DaveWadding
07-08-2004, 11:58 AM
I have a tub full of the Hasbro ones, a whole bunch of them...

and yes they were/are awesome.

Savio
07-08-2004, 12:18 PM
The only WWF on I had was "the million dollar man"

V
07-08-2004, 12:54 PM
i wasn't into wrestling when i was a kid, but almost the rest of my entire school was, so we were playing with action figures one day in the sand box, and one of my friends buried, i think it was mr. perfect in the sand, and let's just say we still haven't found him

HankScorpio
07-08-2004, 12:59 PM
do you still play in the sand?with the kids?aren't there laws against that? :D

Lara Emily
07-08-2004, 01:02 PM
I have a bunch. One of them, Dusty Rhodes would be worth $200 if it was kept in it's original packaging, which mine is not.

Another cool wrestling thing was the Stuffed Wrestling Buddies.

Kapoutman
07-08-2004, 01:13 PM
I had:

The British Bulldogs
Vince McMahon
Bret Hart
JYD
Ricky Steamboat
Macho Man
Hogan
Georges The Animal Steele
SD Jones
Jake Roberts
Koko B Ware
One Man Gang

and a couple of others. I can't remember the other ones.

Gone Mad
07-08-2004, 01:21 PM
I also had the Hasbro toys along with one of the rings. I still happen to have Macho King, Hogan with the Power Slam, and just recently found Rick "the Model" Montel. It was funny in the days to create imaginary storylines which also included X-men, Batman, Ninja Turtles, and any freakish toy that had no association with any real show, like one that I think was from He-man.

I never did get any of those Wrestling Buddies, which I wanted badly since all they did during the shows back then was show Wrestling Buddy commercials. How could you not want one when all the kids there were beating the crap out of themselves, their friends, and their room. Maybe that's why they're not around anymore...

Stickman
07-08-2004, 01:50 PM
I had a ring, not one of those little rings either, the ring I had was probably 16'' by 16''. It also had an attachable blue cage. I had King Kong Bundy and Hulk Hogan as stretchy wrestlers. You know, those action figures that you can pull their arms and legs a mile a part, I think it's like Stretch Armstrong. I also had Captain Lou Albono and Terry funk. Those two sucked because they had one pose and you couldn't move any limbs. I used to play with them all the time until a ring post snapped off. I tried to keep playing with just the cage, but that sucked after a short time so I quit playing that completely.

Loose Cannon
07-08-2004, 04:21 PM
I have a bunch. One of them, Dusty Rhodes would be worth $200 if it was kept in it's original packaging, which mine is not.

Yep, I have that Rhodes one. He's got a broken leg though :( . Andre is also worth a lot and I have him too, but his arms are broken :(

Anyway, here is my list.

Rockers: Tag Team Pack
Demolition: Tag Team Pack
Bushwackers: Tag Team Pack
Nasty Boys: Tag Team Pack.
Bret Hart
Jim Neidhart
British Bulldog
Andre
Rhodes
Beefcake
Jake Roberts
Bossman
Mountie
Perfect
Tornado
Sting: WCW
Taker: 1st one
Yoko
Tatanka
Sid Justice
Hogan: 1st
Warrior: 1st
Dibiase: 1st With Million Dollar Belt
Macho Man: 1st
Typhoon
Akeem
"Narcisist" Lex Lugar
Sgt. Slaughter
Piper
Valentine
Superfly: Total Jobber in my Federation

LJN: Rubber Figures
Volkoff
Iron Shiek
Hogan
JYD
Piper

Also had the first WWF Ring.

The Mackem
07-08-2004, 04:38 PM
I remember somehow having two Tornado's, maybe some kid left it at my house. Obviously the only direction the WWF could go from there was have a good Texas Tornado and an evil one.

Funky Fly
07-08-2004, 04:40 PM
I never had any due to my parents not wanting me to watch wrestling. :'(

It's messed up because my dad is secretly and Undertaker mark and I actually got my mom to watch a cruiserweight match and she liked it.

Loose Cannon
07-08-2004, 04:45 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=348&item=5908103554&rd=1

Go for it Funky. Take what you never had the chance to have. :yes:

asphyXy
07-08-2004, 04:47 PM
<font color=969696>I collected the bigger action figures. I have some old ones like Piper, Ted DiBiase, and some WCW ones like Scott Steiner [1990].

I used to use WWF Royal Rumble and WWF Raw for Sega Genesis to make my own federation. Me and two friends used to set up the matches, and if one of them needed a run-in, we'd make it a tag match and have the partners sit outside. When WWF War Zone came out for Playstation, it was the greatest game ever. We made all our own characters and set up all the feuds.</font>

ColdwaVer
07-08-2004, 09:35 PM
It was funny in the days to create imaginary storylines which also included X-men, Batman, Ninja Turtles, and any freakish toy that had no association with any real show, like one that I think was from He-man.

Yeah, I remember my brother and I used to do PPV's pitting WWF against Ninja Turtles figures. We had this really anally retentive coin-flipping system to determine winners, and the best one we did was a Survivor Series card that included Leonardo, Donatello, Rafael and Michaelangelo vs Hogan, Savage, Warrior, and DiBiase (with Savage and DiBiase winning). Later on the same card Shredder won the WWF title from the Big Boss Man. :rofl:

Lara Emily
07-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Yep, I have that Rhodes one. He's got a broken leg though :( . Andre is also worth a lot and I have him too, but his arms are broken :(

Anyway, here is my list.

Rockers: Tag Team Pack
Demolition: Tag Team Pack
Bushwackers: Tag Team Pack
Nasty Boys: Tag Team Pack.
Bret Hart
Jim Neidhart
British Bulldog
Andre
Rhodes
Beefcake
Jake Roberts
Bossman
Mountie
Perfect
Tornado
Sting: WCW
Taker: 1st one
Yoko
Tatanka
Sid Justice
Hogan: 1st
Warrior: 1st
Dibiase: 1st With Million Dollar Belt
Macho Man: 1st
Typhoon
Akeem
"Narcisist" Lex Lugar
Sgt. Slaughter
Piper
Valentine
Superfly: Total Jobber in my Federation

LJN: Rubber Figures
Volkoff
Iron Shiek
Hogan
JYD
Piper

Also had the first WWF Ring.

Nice! I always wanted Bret and UT but they never really ended up showing up around here much. I had the ring as well. I honestly can't remember whad I had, they're in a box somewhere :(. I had a bunch.

The CyNick
07-08-2004, 09:58 PM
By the time the plastic ones came out I was starting to out grow them, but I do have a few of those guys and the ring.

Ive even got a few of the series they made afterwards (Bret, HBK, Taker and Hunter).

But most of my collection is the old big rubber figures. Those were cool, even though their lack of mobility made it impossible for guys to do any moves. Still I had plenty of fun with them. I had several rings, because they used to crack in the middle curtosey of King Kon Bundy taking bumps off the top of the Steel Cage.

Bad Company
07-08-2004, 10:02 PM
The only WWF on I had was "the million dollar man"
:love:

Same :)

Loose Cannon
07-08-2004, 10:06 PM
By the time the plastic ones came out I was starting to out grow them, but I do have a few of those guys and the ring.

Ive even got a few of the series they made afterwards (Bret, HBK, Taker and Hunter).

But most of my collection is the old big rubber figures. Those were cool, even though their lack of mobility made it impossible for guys to do any moves. Still I had plenty of fun with them. I had several rings, because they used to crack in the middle curtosey of King Kon Bundy taking bumps off the top of the Steel Cage.

lol at Bundy. Wait, I have the rubber ones and they're pretty small. I don't remember the big ones

DaveWadding
07-08-2004, 10:16 PM
I too have the Dusty Rhodes' Hasbro one..I think his arms are messed up and the paint is wearing off.

Loose Cannon
07-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I remember my brother and I used to do PPV's pitting WWF against Ninja Turtles figures. We had this really anally retentive coin-flipping system to determine winners, and the best one we did was a Survivor Series card that included Leonardo, Donatello, Rafael and Michaelangelo vs Hogan, Savage, Warrior, and DiBiase (with Savage and DiBiase winning). Later on the same card Shredder won the WWF title from the Big Boss Man. :rofl:

lol at BOSSMAN BEING Champ. lol, Vince posts at TPWW

DaveWadding
07-08-2004, 10:20 PM
hey..wow..I have a few still MIP :o

Loose Cannon
07-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Check out this article I found. I so want that Brain figure. And lol at Adonis. Also check out that Ultimate Warrior link to the right under "Related Links"

BTW: THIS site rules if you've never seen it.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/559.html

Lara Emily
07-08-2004, 10:38 PM
I too have the Dusty Rhodes' Hasbro one..I think his arms are messed up and the paint is wearing off.
Yeah the Paint on mine is wearing a bit, other than that it's aok.

The CyNick
07-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Check out this article I found. I so want that Brain figure. And lol at Adonis. Also check out that Ultimate Warrior link to the right under "Related Links"

BTW: THIS site rules if you've never seen it.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/559.html

sweet, I'm reading the article now, but yeah those are the figures I have.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
07-09-2004, 12:12 AM
I had hundreds of figures.

Only memorable thing that happened was I cracked the ring with a big splash from Yokozuna.

Oh and every time I had a battle royal, something silly ended up winning, like Frankie the parrot, or a 2x4.

Head
07-09-2004, 12:46 AM
Oh god yes, those ruled. I think I still have a lot of em.

DaveWadding
07-09-2004, 12:52 AM
Oh god yes, those ruled. I think I still have a lot of em.
I have 2. Warrior and Dibiase. I almost bought a pair of the LOD ones for 15 bucks later on too :(

Head
07-09-2004, 01:00 AM
I had a bunch. Warrior, Hogan, Savage, Jake the Snake, LOD, and I think Dibiase.

I got many bruises on my head from playing with those back in the day.

Lara Emily
07-09-2004, 04:46 AM
I had a bunch. Warrior, Hogan, Savage, Jake the Snake, LOD, and I think Dibiase.

I got many bruises on my head from playing with those back in the day.
I have Warrior and a later day DDP. I wish I had more, might buy a bunch ff e-bay if I ever get money.

The Ravishing One
07-09-2004, 07:40 AM
These are the best wrestling figures period.

Disturbed316
07-09-2004, 11:10 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=348&item=5908103554&rd=1

Go for it Funky. Take what you never had the chance to have. :yes:
That guy says there are no doubles in the collection, yet you can clearly see two Doink figures.

Mine were in my wardrobe up until about a month ago when I cleared everything out.

I must have had about 70+ figures, it was pretty insane. I absolutley loved playing with these and would still gladly do it if I wouldn't feel like a twat for still playing with figures at 19 :$

I used to play with these for hours on end, Bret was mainly the champ. Also incorporated afew other figures from X-Men and Terminator.

Got a couple of recent WCW figures, like Hogan, Nash, Sting, Goldberg (with the belt) and bought a couple of newer WWF figures like Benoit, Rock and Austin when I was on holiday about 3 years ago.

Shame we have to grow up really :(

Loose Cannon
07-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Here is another article guys.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/622.html

Loose Cannon
07-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Here is another article guys.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/622.html

Funky Fly
07-09-2004, 07:02 PM
$50? :(

loopydate
07-09-2004, 07:07 PM
I used to play with those constantly. I have almost the entire Hasbro set except for the last series or so (no Adam Bomb, Yoko, Bam Bam, Kona Crush, etc.), plus the ring.

I used to have a massive fake WWE set-up in my room when I was a kid that included all of those, plus the Ninja Turtles (Mike and Leo, predominantly, 'cause I had the figures that did the acrobatic tricks), the American Gladiators (Laser and Turbo were Tag Champions for, like, a year), plus a few old Marvel Comics figures I had (Doc Ock, Captain America, and Spider-Man were upper-mid-carders).

Looking back, I was a creative little kid. I had really elaborate turn angles (notably a face Papa Shango feuding with the Berzerker. A little sketchy on the details, but part of it involved a "Giant-at-Halloween-Havoc"-style bump by Mister Nord), and would even go so far as to use LEGOs to build a set for Slammy Awards.

Goddamn, now I want to get those things out of the storage room and play with them so bad.

loopydate
07-09-2004, 07:09 PM
BTW, does anyone else remember a Mailbox edition on Wrestlecrap where some guy sent in the link to the Habro Wrestling Alliance (not sure on the name)? That was so fucking brilliant, and it made me want to do something similar.

Basically, the guy has a bunch of the old Hasbro figures, plus some old WCW ones, too, and he books cards. He uses a digital camera to take photos of key moments, then writes hilarious commentary for the entire show (usually by DDP and Bisch).

I lost the link months ago when I changed computers. Anyone have it?

Innovator
07-09-2004, 07:19 PM
I used to do battle royals...somehow Spawn or Wolverine always won, then Taker

Loose Cannon
07-09-2004, 07:59 PM
I never used any other figures when I was playing with the WWF ones. I don't know, I just couldn't see Lino from Thundercats wrestling Hogan

Deceit
07-10-2004, 07:34 PM
I had some intense hardcore matches with Sid Vicious and Spawn himself.

The One
07-10-2004, 07:46 PM
http://www.highspots.com/www/stores_app/images/images_125/item_figures_legends_steamboat_thumb.jpg

BEST...FIGURE...EVER!

(For those who don't know...it's Ricky Steamboat.)