PDA

View Full Version : Another wrestler is running for office.

I-Hate-You
07-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Ex-Bee spreading wings

Now that you had your fill of fireworks, hot dogs and your granny trying to dance on the picnic table wearing only an apron, let's get to another hot topic: politics.
We're going to talk about a former wrestler who's running for office in November and, no, we're not talking about Jesse Ventura running for the White House. But if Jesse ran and won, how about this scenario: Jesse vs. the 'bad' leaders of the world in an "Over-the-Top-Rope Battle Royal," and we can guarantee world peace before the count of three!

The former grappler we are talking about is Brian Blair.

During the 1980s he was known as B. Brian Blair and formed a tag team with Jumpin' Jim Brunzell called the Killer Bees. He is running for county commissioner in Hillsborough County, Fla.

Okay, so Hillsborough isn't Capitol Hill but it is a county of more than a million people.

This is the second time Blair, a Republican, has run for the job. Said Blair: "Two years ago I lost a close election (50.66% to 49.34) to Democrat Pat Frank who was a 10-year senator. This time I intend to win." This time he's not running against an incumbent, and he's ahead in the polls. Or as Blair states: "It's my race to lose."

And talk about a top name for an endorsement, how about Hulk Hogan? The Hulkster was quoted on Blair's Web site (www.brianblair.com) as saying: "Brian is a great guy whom I've known for 25 years. He has a great work ethic, is honest and has integrity." Obviously skills that were honed in his other ring career.

Originally published on July 9, 2004

http://www.brianblair.com/

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/story/210256p-181202c.html

Innovator
07-09-2004, 07:02 PM
YEAH KILLER BEES!

The Mackem
07-09-2004, 07:02 PM
haha Killer Bees. Haven't seen them wrestle, just remember seeing a promo or something on Wrestling Classics.

Innovator
07-09-2004, 07:11 PM
they were solid for an 80's tag team...though I never remember seeing them win

KayfabeMan
07-10-2004, 01:32 AM
Brian had ran before, and had a good following - and a big turnout.

He's a decent enough guy, but is a little plastic.

Good worker though :y:

Good luck to him...