PDA

View Full Version : Video Game and Pinball Songs

The Lone Drinker
07-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Only good ones I can think of are Pinball Wizard by The Who. [Although I liked Elton John's version a little better.] A timeless classic and awesome song IMHO. :y:

Then there's Pac-man Fever and Do The Donkey Kong even though both songs are really campy, cheesy, corny, unintentionally funny and very very 80's......they are both still pretty groovy. They a nice beat and all. And can make us children of the 80's feel nostalgic when we are in the mood for nostalgia.

Anyone know any others they can recommend?

Kane Knight
07-12-2004, 02:02 AM
Elton John over TED? Die.

The Lone Drinker
07-12-2004, 02:33 AM
Elton John over TED? Die.

Hey, I love The Who.....but I also love Elton and yeah I like his version of Pinball Wizard better then The Who's.

Elton John's version is more upbeat and exciting. Makes you wanna dance and/or take up pinball. The Who's is okay and very groovy, but it is more low-key sorta and Elton John is more into it when he sings it.

In Tommy, you can just tell he is having a good time singing and walking around in those giant shoes......and if you ever do drugs, watching him sing Pinball Wizard in Tommy while high rules ass....not that I do drugs or encourage anyone to do so....

Infact, I only assume being high while watching Tommy is cool since that whole movie is like a weird drug fantasy.

EDIT: LMAO.....Kane Knight, you are my number one fan aren't you? You seem to love adding rep points on every post I make....I thank you. It is better then getting no rep points at all. I don't care if they are red OR green.....rep points are rep points. ;)

EDIT AGAIN: And you probably only dislike Elton John because he is gay. Does not matter. He has an awesome singing voice.

Although personalty wise, I think he was cooler in his younger days.
His voice was even better too. He was a FREAK who LIVED to shock and/or offend. That was cool. :y:

Seriously, have you ever seen him in Tommy? Those clothes and giant shoes were freakin' kick-ass.........I wanna get me some of those next Halloween.........