PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - Could Christian feud with (or join) Evolution? (other thoughts)

Heyman
07-11-2004, 08:01 PM
DISCUSSION - Could Christian feud with (or join) Evolution? (other thoughts)

-I'm not sure when Christian will return but he does tonight, do you think there's a good chance of him attacking Jericho and/or Edge? Think of it this way: Remember how Edge said he'd be taking out Evolution one by one? What if Christian becomes Triple H's answer to the "Edge problem"? During the Edge/Orton match, Christian attacks Edge. The next night on Raw, Evolution and Eugene come out to the ring. Evolution then annouces that they'd like to introduce their newest member.................Christian! (at this point, everyone is surprised because they thought that Eugene's name would be mentioned).

Christian comes down to the ring, shakes Evolution's hand, and then all 5 men (Orton, Christian, Triple H, Batista, and Flair) beat down Eugene.

This would set-up a Christian/Edge feud (and it would be interesting since they already have the history).

<font color=white>What if Christian HELPED Edge against Orton?</font>

This won't happen but you know what I think would RULE? During the Edge/Orton match, Christian appeared out of nowhere. Orton would be all ready to lay out Edge with a chair, but then Christian would ask for it. Orton hands Christian the chair (since he thinks he's going after Edge), but then Christian nails Orton! Christian then pulls off Orton's pants! An embarrassed Orton then gets up and throws a hissy fit, but then gets Speared by Edge (for the 1...2....3).

Edge wins the IC title. Edge and Christian embrace. Edge and Christian became major opponents of Evolution.

-A face Christian could feud with someone like Orton

-Edge and Christian as faces (together) would be entertaining.

Hell - if something like this were to happen, I'd even go as far as saying that Jericho, Benoit, Edge, and Christian could form an 'alliance' of sorts and be the counter to Evolution (since Jericho and Christian have been long time friends, they can easily 'kiss and make-up' so to speak).

More realistically however - I wouldn't be surprised to see Christian join up with Evolution (his whole relationship with Trish/Tomko would be dropped).

<font color=white> Could Christian be in a "Jeff Jarret" like position?</font>

A few years ago - Jarret was a solid IC champ in the WWE. Once his 'contract' ran out, he defected to WCW and became World Champ shortly afterwards. Perhaps the same thing could happen with Christian?

In recent years, people like Val Venis, Matt Hardy, etc. have defected to Raw because their "contracts expired". Why can't the WWE do the same thing with Christian and send him to Smackdown? Christian would be a great opponent for Guerrero, RVD, Cena, etc.

<font color=white>The Rock as 'GM' of either Smackdown or Raw</font>

-The Rock may no longer need to wrestle anymore (seeing as how he earns so much money from the movies), but why couldn't he become a GM? By being GM, The Rock could

a) Be on TV more often which would help ratings

b) Not have to physically punish his body.......although he could wrestle the odd match.

c) Keep a fresh face on TV. Not only would this help him keep a fresh face on TV (so people still remember who he is and as result, would be more inclined to watch his movies), but he could also "practice" his acting skills as well (with his on-air role as "The Rock"). The Rock is a GLUTTON for attention. I highly doubt that money (how much he'd get paid per appearance) would be too big an issue. I think The Rock is one of those guys who would genuinely help out Vince as much as possible. Smackdown would be a perfect place for The Rock to be GM. We have seen The Rock's willingness to get mid-carders over (i.e. Hurricane). On Smackdown - The Rock can help a sh</>it load of guys get over.

<font color=white>RVD, Dudleys, and Tazz as a heel stable</font>

I also mentioned this a while back, but I think a heel RVD would own. First of all - RVD has never 'turned' before in the WWE (and so a heel turn could REALLY re-vitalize his character). Second - RVD just signed a short-term contract. I'm pretty sure that the WWE will be smart enough to push him now (realizing that if they DON"T do it), then there's a very good chance that RVD could leave.

As far as Tazz goes, I'd LOVE to see him be a MANAGER of this heel stable (Heyman would take his place as color commentator). Tazz could be the 'glue guy' of this stable.....and talk about how unfairly ECW talent has been treated in the WWE (I think Tazz could generate tremendous heat.....since he would be seen as a 'fresh frace' amongst the fans who are no longer accustomed to seeing him not commentating).

In my opinion, Smackdown is in dire need of a credible heel stable.

Speaking of heel turns on Smackdown, I think Rikishi and Hardcore Holly need heel turns as well (and Billy Gunn if he sticks around). Billy and Hardcore Holly could become a whiney tag team that demands respect (since they are veteran talent, etc.), while Rikishi could act more "Yokozuna"ish (like when he first came to the WWE and appeared on Heat).

I'd also consider making Hass and Dupree a serious tag team (and try and make them face).

<font color=white>Big Show as "Showberg"</font>

I know a lot of you won't agree with this (I've mentioned this before as well), but I'd like to see Big Show return to Smackdown as "Showberg" (a blatant rip-off of Goldberg, but his humor attached to it.....along with the added chokeslam ofcourse). Here is why I feel this way.

1)Smackdown is in need of 'interesting characters'. I think SHowberg would fit that bill. Big Show should never be World champion ever again (unless the fans ACTUALLY take the Showberg character seriously), and so I think a humorous gimmick would serve him well. Showberg could be Smackdown's answer to Eugene (even more in my opinion).

2) Big Show is at odds with Kurt Angle: Since Show left Smackdown on bad terms with Angle (i.e. chokeslamming him). If SHow came back, he could feud with a heel Angle (GM or wrestler). A face Big SHow could also feud against a heel Luther Reigns.

3) Showberg character......a combination of humor and seriousness? I think the fans would realize that the "Showberg" character would be a stab at Goldberg (and so they'd like it). However - it wouldn't be like "Duane Gillberg" since Big Show is a credible wrestler......one that could EASILY be made to look as dominant as Goldberg (i.e. squash matches). With Big Show having 'squash matches' as Goldberg, he'd have MUCH shorter matches (a blessing to us all :)). His longer matches could be reserved for the main-eventers.

All in all, I think the fans would be MUCH more interested in 'Showberg' as opposed to the current 'Big Show'. Even if the fans don't take the 'Showberg' character seriously, it's not a big deal. The main-eventers of Smackdown should eventually become Eddie Guerrero, John Cena, Kurt Angle (if he returns), and Rob Van Dam (once he regains his momentum as a heel).

Showberg (if not taken seriously) can be used to put over mid-card talent (kind of like John Bradshaw Layfield will once his WWE title run ends).

<font color=white>Have fun watching Vengeance guys!</font>

I hope it turns out to be entertaining.

Savio
07-11-2004, 10:29 PM
2) Big Show is at odds with Kurt Angle: Since Show left Smackdown on bad terms with Angle (i.e. chokeslamming him). If SHow came back, he could feud with a heel Angle (GM or wrestler). A face Big SHow could also feud against a heel Luther Reigns.

I dodn't see that happening if his name was show berg.

Heyman
07-11-2004, 10:39 PM
I dodn't see that happening if his name was show berg.

Why not?

With Big Show's "SNL" personality (he's genuinely a hilarious guy in real life from what I've heard), this would suit him perfectly.

Who WOULDN"T mark out if they saw a 7'2 500lb man trying to spear his opponent? :D

So much creativity and humor can come out of this. *when Showberg's music hits, the security guards can open the door....and Showberg would be on the can :), etc. *

I also believe that this WOULDN"T be like Duane Gillberg, because Big Show can be a serious wrestler.

I think it would be something intriguing.

Remember - intriguing is what the WWE needs right now.

Also - I think ANYONE would be willing to 'boo' the hell out of Angle. :)

loopydate
07-11-2004, 10:41 PM
So much creativity and humor can come out of this. *when Showberg's music hits, the security guards can open the door....and Showberg would be on the can :), etc. *
Or can't fit through the door.

Heyman
07-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Or can't fit through the door.

That would be cool. :D

The thing is - the WWE (in recent years) has encouraged wrestlers to act like there 'real life' selves in the ring for gimmicks. John Cena does free styles for kicks, and so they made it his gimmick.

Big Show is a naturally funny guy. Why not let the WWE use that to their advantage?

Mean and serious Big Show has ran its course. The current Big Show has no chance of drawing anymore with his current gimmick.

Savio
07-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Why not?

Because that would be a serious story line I might work but I'd doubt it. Maybe if the gimmick happens after the Show/Angle fued.

The Forgotten One
07-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Why not?

With Big Show's "SNL" personality (he's genuinely a hilarious guy in real life from what I've heard), this would suit him perfectly.

Who WOULDN"T mark out if they saw a 7'2 500lb man trying to spear his opponent? :D

I also believe that this WOULDN"T be like Duane Gillberg, because Big Show can be a serious wrestler.

I think it would be something intriguing.

Remember - intriguing is what the WWE needs right now.

Also - I think ANYONE would be willing to 'boo' the hell out of Angle. :)

:rofl:

I love it and seriously would like to see it. :y:

Transplant
07-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Smackdown DOES need a stable of some sort, but the ECW thing is WAY to predictable. If there was a stable on Smackdown, I'd say JBL would have to lead it, just so people would hate him (and anybody liking him) more.

Heyman
07-11-2004, 10:54 PM
:rofl:

I love it and seriously would like to see it. :y:

And remember - you're a SMARK saying this. If a SMARK would like an idea like this (and would genuinely find it funny), then how about most marks? :D

Remember - a LARGE part of a SUCCESSFUL character/gimmick, is one that can potentially attract/bring in new fans. Who wouldn't be intrigued or entertained with a 7'2 500 lb guy spearing the sh</>it out of someone? :D

A long time ago - I heard that Big Show was capable of doing a moonsault.

I'd let him do that as well if he still can.

The CyNick
07-11-2004, 11:09 PM
I would really hate to see Jericho and Christian become friends so soon after their feud. I hate when they do that.

I like the idea of E+C as a unit., However, if I were booking I would make them a heel unit on SD along with Angle and Luther. Have Edge lose to HHH on RAW for the World Title, then use that loss to turn him heel (he whines about losing, everyone is against him yadda yadda). By that time hopefully Christian is back, and they show up unannounced on SD one week. Leave Trish and Tomko as a pairing on RAW. That solves SD's need for a heel stable, it plays off the past (Team ECK) and they would all make great opponents for Eddie, Cena and Taker.

On RAW I dont see it working as well, because as faces they wouldn't make much sense because of the whole Christian/Tomko/Trish alliance. That would have to break up first, and then make Chritian a face. But I think Christian is more effective as a heel, and I think Edge is a failure as a top face. As a result I think they should both be heels. However, I dont think we'll see any new Evolution members, and another heel group on RAW wont see any TV time.

The only way Evolution should add members is if Orton adds guys without Hunter's approval. However, I think that will make him a heel, and the more I see and hear Orton, I think he may end up needing to be the babyface in the program with HHH.

The thing is though I dont think there is any firm timetable for Christian to return, so its really tough to book anything for him.

Rock as GM will never work because Rock doesn't have the time to appear on RAW or SD on a weekly basis. Its not about him not wanting to take bumps, its about him doing something that pays him $15 million for 4 months work vs the WWE which will pay him maybe $3 million for a whole year. His priority is Hollywood, and anything involving the WWE takes a major back seat.

The other problem with Rock as GM is that he'll get like Austin where he takes up all this TV time but never gets in the ring to put someone over.

I was hoping they would push RVD (as a heel to program with Eddie) to the WWE title picture because they had so few options on SD, but its clear to me he's not getting anywhere close ot the top. As a result, its a bad move to turn him. Fans really like him, and he's better off being a mid card player maybe fighting for the US title and fueding with guys like Dupree to get them over.

With Tazz, he's a great commentator, and since nobody is available to adequetely fill his shoes on SD I dont want to see him do anything else. Plus, you have to remember as we've seen with Heyman, being a commentator is a much safer career move than being an on screen manager. Tazz's character was never loved by Vince, so I cant see them putting much steam behind his stable. And anyway, if you do an ECW faction, it might as well be headed by Paul E, anyone else would be a second banana.

I wouldn't turn Gunn, fans seem to pop huge for him for whatever reason. But I think Holly might work as a heel (although he gets decent reactions too, which is also odd). An idea for them might be to have Gunn always trying to joke aorund and be more "sports entertainment" while Holly wants to focus on "whopping ass". That leads to a competition between the two, where they each pick a new partner and see who can win the tag belts first. Gunn would pick a more fun/charismatic guy, while Holly would pick someone more serious, but maybe tougher. I dont know, might be a decent little program for the opening card guys.

Dupree needs to stay on his own, he's one of the few acts they've got over on SD since Mania. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a Haas (play up his All-American status)-Dupree (evil Frenchman) program.

Showberg? You know what I'm going to say. Really, with SD's like of top heels, Show NEEDS to be used as a serious contender. And to his credit when he was pushed right, his program with Brock was very successful. And if they end up going to Taker with the WWE Title (which is VERY likely), Show is a logical opponent, especially since they've never really done a major singles program on PPV.

Since we're throwing out ideas for future booking, I'll add one. If they dont go back to Eddie for the WWE title in the near future, then I suggest turning Chavo back to a face. I think Chavo will get lost, because he can only fued with Rey so many times, and they never do a secondary CW title program. They could make him US champ, which would be good, but I think Chavo would work a babyface alongside Uncle Eddie. You could have Eddie catch a beatdown (this would especially work if they used my Team ECK idea). So say E+C jump to SD as heels, and lay beating on Eddie. Chavo makes the save and runs the heel soff with a chair. Eddie looks up in shock, and is skeptical. Over the weeks you have Chavo try to convince Eddie he wants to reunite Los Guerreros, but of course Eddie is hesitant. Eventually Chavo convinces Eddie, and they reunite as a part time team and fued with E+C, which would be a kickass program. Eddie, Chavo and Rey could then form an alliance, maybe with a loose tie to Cena as well, and there you have your faction warfare that everyone seem to enjoy.

RemyRed
07-12-2004, 12:32 AM
I would love to see the Showberg thing, but just imagine him Jackhammering someone, how funny/tragic would that be.

Mr. Nerfect
07-12-2004, 12:38 AM
-An ECW stable would be a great thing to watch. I could see Tazz wrestling again, but if not he could always be a great commentator. I can just image every match being stacked against the opponent as Tazz is at ringside. With Paul Heyman as their manager, I think they'd make a great heel force. I'd rather see Tazz as mor eof a "coach" and "insurance policy" at ringside. I can see Heyman in the role he was with The Dudleyz (motivator). Maybe we could see Diamond Dallas Page resigned to SmackDown! as a commentator to take Tazz's spot (if Heyman doesn't get it)?

-The Rock as GM is at first a good idea, but I don't think it should be long term. Maybe when Angle returns to the ring.

-Christian feuding with Evolution is a long stretch, IMO. I think Christian should remain a heel for the time being. I think at Summerslam we'll see something like Christian/Tomko vs. Chris Jericho/Maven or Val Venis. I wouldn't mind seeing Benoit/Edge/Christian/Jericho feud with Evolution after that. Maybe Venis could be added to the faces, and Maven added to the heels? Once this whole thing with Tyson Tomko and Trish has played out, I can see Christian turning face and teaming with Edge again. I could see Christian doing a Radicalz thing with Tyson Tomko and Trish as well (maybe even Test). But that wouldn't be until later down the track.

-I think when The Big Show returns, it should be as a MAJOR face. Maybe not exactly "Showberg", but I would like tosee him imitate some wrestlers at times. Let him cut humerous promos, and have squash matches in the ring. Let him throw his weight around (literally) to make get him over as a credible threat. He could easily be WWE Championship material again. :y:

MVP
07-12-2004, 12:39 AM
I can't see Christian joining Evolution, but I'd love for him to stay heel. Since WWE is most likely going to push Edge to be a contender for the World Title against Benoit in the near future, why not have Edge turn heel and reunite with Christian.

Perhaps Benoit and Edge have a match for the World Title on RAW, face vs. face. During the match Benoit gains the upperhand and puts Edge in the crossface. Then Christian appears out of nowhere and attacks Benoit, giving Edge the DQ. Everyone expects Edge to push Christian away, but instead he continues the assault on Benoit.

Edge and Christian reunite as a team (hopefully with Trish as their manager). And it gives Edge some momentum if he really is going to face Benoit at Summerslam or Unforgiven for the World Title.

PS - I realize that Edge is now the IC Champ so let's assume that the matches are World vs. IC Title, hypothetically.

RemyRed
07-12-2004, 12:42 AM
Yeah Tazz should wrestle again and get some type of dignity back before he hangs up wrestling for good, I mean how bad was it to see the Baddest Mother Fucker in ECW get beat up by Jerry Lawler?

LK
07-12-2004, 06:09 PM
I would prefer it if Christian stayed as he is. With Trish and Tomko. ONce this horrible angle with Lita/KAne/Hardy over and V1 has recovered they can maybe put them in a feud or maybe against Edge for the IC title.

I would like to see Tazz wrestle again if he wanted to. Remember he quit because he didn't have the drive for it anymore but it would be great if he could finally get a push that he deserves. "Beat me if you can, survive if I let you". Also they would have to let him do most of his suplexes and not water him down. If there is an ECW stable then it should have Tajiri and Rhyno back from Raw, lead by Heyman with RVD as the main wrestler.

Heyman
07-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Don't get me wrong guys.

I'm not advocating that Tazz become a full-time wrestler again. Why would he? He's making enough money just announcing now. What I AM suggesting however, is that he become the heel manager for RVD and the Dudleys (Heyman replaces Tazz in the commentary booth).

Tazz can work the random singles match or tag match, but his role would primarily be as manager......kind of like Flair I guess (but he wouldn't wrestle as much).

My logic behind this idea, is that Tazz is a fairly well known name. At a time when Smackdown could use some 'well known' names in the thick of things, I think Tazz would fit that bill.

The CyNick
07-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Don't get me wrong guys.

I'm not advocating that Tazz become a full-time wrestler again. Why would he? He's making enough money just announcing now. What I AM suggesting however, is that he become the heel manager for RVD and the Dudleys (Heyman replaces Tazz in the commentary booth).

Tazz can work the random singles match or tag match, but his role would primarily be as manager......kind of like Flair I guess (but he wouldn't wrestle as much).

My logic behind this idea, is that Tazz is a fairly well known name. At a time when Smackdown could use some 'well known' names in the thick of things, I think Tazz would fit that bill.

3 problems with that:

#1 Tazz isn't that well known as a wrestler to the current WWE fans, he was never really given a decent push in his wrestling days with the company, so I dont think the fans would take him anymore seriously as a worker than they do Jerry Lawler or even JR for that matter.

#2 If Heyman were to take over commentating then thats a huge risk for Tazz. What if Heyman kciks ass in the role and they decide he's a better fit? Then Tazz is out of luck and has lost a great gig. In wrestling when you get a good spot you have to do whatever you can to hold on to it. I dont think being a part time wrestler/manager is a big enough payoff to get Tazz to risk his comfy job.

#3. Vince is not a huge fan of Tazz, so any angle he's in would get minimal TV time and the plug could/would be pulled at any time, which again would put Tazz's career in jeopardy.

Loose Cannon
07-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Almost forgot about this. I didn't read everyone else's, so sorry if I bring up the same points.

Okay, First Christian is Evolution:

No, No, No. I've said this a milion times before, Evolution is about getting Orton, and to some extent Batista, over while HHH keeps his heat. Orton is the future of the company and he will be the man soon. Putting Christian in will devalue Orton. Christian is a great heel right now and gets good heat. Keep him as a main guy with Trish/Tomko and don't put him in a position where he's getting overshadowed by others.

Now, if Orton turns on Trips and maybe Batista too, then you could turn Edge heel and allign Xtian and Edge with HHH. I wouldn't mind that. That brings you to a Christian or Edge vs Orton feud before Orton goes to face Trips. But as for now, Xtian needs to stay in his position.

Edge and Xtian together:

Yeah, I love this. Edge needs to turn heel though and like I said, I wouldn't mind them alligning with HHH and Flair. They work great together and generate some good heet. They wouldn't neccessarily have to be a tag team eathier, just be in the same stable.

Xtian/Jarrett comparrison:

I can see this too. If Christian goes to Smackdown, I could see him feuding with Eddie and taking the Title from him. Like I said, Xtian is a great heel and can get the audience going. Maybe he should win the U.S. Title first though (like Jarrett did when he returned.)

Showberg:

Absolutely Not. Smackdown has no heels and they need to keep Big Show as a monster heel who is unstoppable. Remember his program with Brock. Great stuff right there. Show can work both, but I would keep him heel and not turn him into a comedy act again. He would be a good opponent for Taker.

RemyRed
07-13-2004, 06:04 PM
Showberg is now in my Here Comes The Pain game and I think it'll work whether he's a heel or face, just it'll be funny as hell for a while.