PDA

View Full Version : Best Feud Ever/What would('ve) been a good feud?

RemyRed
07-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Well the thread title speaks for itself, my favorite feud of all time was the Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn feud. Those 30-minute matches were great. I also think that WWE could've had a great feud with Lance Storm and Kurt Angle. They should've traded Storm to SmackDown right around the time they were bringing back the U.S. Heavyweight Belt. Lance Storm could've won it and bad mouthed America like he did in WCW and WWE (unpatriotic heels are stale as hell) Kurt Angle, being an American Olympic hero, could've came out and defended America, how great would a submission or 2/3 Falls match have been with these two? Well then again WWE doesn't allow many wrestling moves to be performed due to the risk....Well post on people.

MVP
07-11-2004, 08:56 PM
I agree, Lance Storm vs. Kurt Angle would've been an excellent feud. It's too bad Austin held down the whole WCW/ECW roster when he joined th alliance. I'd sit through a Lance Storm vs. Kurt Angle match any day before Austin vs. Angle again.

I'd also like to see Eddie Guerrero and RVD feud again because they have good chemistry in the ring, and both are over well enough to feud for the WWE Title. Of course RVD is never going to have that spotlight. :mad:

The One
07-11-2004, 09:07 PM
I would say my personal favorite fued of all time was the Edge & Christian vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz that last from 2000 to 2002. I was just gold. I can't even count how many great, not only tag matches, but single matches we got out of that. I mean constant good deleivies from all 6 men for 2 years straight. Plus since I was a HUGE E&C fan, and my best friend was a HUGE Hardy fan, and my other best friend was a HUGE Dudley fan...we all had wonderful talks...ahhhh classic times.

Anyway the fued I would be most interested in see would be Randy Orton (Evolution-less) fueding with A.J. Styles... :shifty: (hopes no one points out AJ Styles isn't in the WWE....)

Heyman
07-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Best Feuds ever:

1) The Rock vs. Triple H (2000). Ratings were at its highest during this main-event rivarly.

1a) Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon (1998/99).

What would've been a good feud:

1) Heel Shawn Michaels (his 97/98 version) verses The Rock (his 2000 self).

2) The Rock vs. John Cena (feud for the future).

3) Steve Austin vs. Bill Goldberg (ratings/interest). People would LOVE to see Austin KILL Goldberg.

RemyRed
07-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Yeah I agree, I hate the way they're using RVD, I'd prefer it if he became the arrogant heel that he was in ECW, telling Bill Alfonzo to get out of his camera. They need to bring back The Whole F'N Show and have him main event SmackDown!, it's not like there are any other heels besides JBL (unless Undertaker turns) to give Eddie Guererro a good match. Well Imma go watch Vengeance and pray that Eugene doesn't screw Benoit over like my instincts have been telling me... In closing, RVD 4:20 says I just smoked you as$

RemyRed
07-12-2004, 12:46 AM
I think another great feud would've been Undertaker (American Bad Ass version) vs (A booked properly) Mike Awesome.

Vastardikai
07-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Favorite feud? Steiners vs. Steve Williams and Terry Gordy (because I was tired of the Steiners at this point and it was refreshing to see a team just out-fight them, out-wrestle them, basically just out-EVERYTHING them.)

Feuds I would like to see? Barry Windham vs. Kurt Angle. Ricky Steamboat vs. Bret Hart. Ric Flair (prime) vs. the Rock. Randy Orton and David Flair vs. Greg Gagne and Erik Watts :shifty:.

V
07-12-2004, 01:11 AM
Triple H vs Steiner
Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg

ok seriously..

i liked Austin/Rock a lot, also Rock/Jericho, Austin/Angle, HBK/HHH @ summerslam 2002

off the top of my head

jindrak
07-12-2004, 01:30 AM
Feud I would've liked to see-

Bret Hart v. Hogan...This feud would've come to fruition, but Hogan left WWF to go to WCW. When Bret joined WCW, it was rumored that a Bret/Hogan feud would come about. A Hart/Hogan feud would've drawn HUGE, but WCW never capitalized on it. Heck, WCW didn't do much with Bret. :nono:

Jericho v. Goldberg...This feud would've occurred back in '98. HOWEVER, Kevin Nash influenced the bookers to scrap the idea due to Jericho's size. At the time Jericho was a young, rising star, whose charisma was unmatched (with Ralphus by his side). Jericho was arguably the most entertaining part of a waning Nitro, and a feud with Goldberg would've put him over HUGE. In fact, the initial reaction to the possible feud was tremendous.

Taz v. Steve Austin...This could've been the feud to help the failed Invasion angle. As part of The Alliance, Taz butted heads with Austin (the leader of the group). The reaction to the possible collision between Taz and Austin was incredible, and added great drama to the Alliance stable. At the time, fans still linked Taz to ECW, and wanted to see him get over on Austin. However, the WWF never acted on the possible feud, which had HUGE potential.

Kurt Angle v. Bret Hart...Rumored to take place at WM20, but didn't happen. Being a hart mark, I would've LOVED to see Bret lace up the boots one last time for a 5 star match. Angle would've been the perfect guy to wrestle, and the possible match had the possibility to become an all-time classic.

Thoughts? :y:

RemyRed
07-12-2004, 01:37 AM
I got the begining of that Goldberg/Jericho feud on tape, it was on Halloween Havoc 98 that they attempted to fuel it right? I remember Jericho announcing at the begining of the PPV that he's gonna take Goldberg's U.S. Belt off of him tonight in a match but some other guy, idk if it was Gills, came out, it was a funny joke.

Savio
07-12-2004, 01:45 AM
Jericho v. Goldberg...This feud would've occurred back in '98. HOWEVER, Kevin Nash influenced the bookers to scrap the idea due to Jericho's size. At the time Jericho was a young, rising star, whose charisma was unmatched (with Ralphus by his side). Jericho was arguably the most entertaining part of a waning Nitro, and a feud with Goldberg would've put him over HUGE. In fact, the initial reaction to the possible feud was tremendous.
---------------------------
This happend in the WWE

Rey vs Ultimo

Kane vs big show vs Undetaker vs Nash (all in their primes)

Stone cold vs Lesnar

The One
07-12-2004, 01:46 AM
Loose Cannon vs. Edge.................. :shifty:

jindrak
07-12-2004, 02:11 AM
Savior-

But in the WWE, the feud didn't have the special feel it would've had if it was done in 98.

RemyRed
07-12-2004, 02:31 AM
Who would've won, Ricky Steamboat in his prime, or Ultimo Dragon? I've never really seen any Ricky Steamboat matches so I'm just curious to see if he was as good or better than Ultimo.

Edge
07-12-2004, 03:02 AM
[U]

Goldberg vs. Jericho took place at last years Bad Blood.

diamondcutter
07-12-2004, 04:40 AM
Feuds I would've love to have seen:

Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Jarrett.--Between August and October 1999 in the WWF.

Shawn Michaels vs. The Rock. Although continuity isn't one of WWE's strong points, they could try and remember the WWF title match on Smackdown in '99, where guest referee Michaels superkicked Rock while he was about to nail champ Triple H with the people's elbow.

Bret Hart vs. Hogan

Triple H vs. Jeff Jarrett

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Steve Austin. Battle of the finishers!

As far as Best feud, off the top of my head, I can think of Scott Steiner vs. Goldberg in WCW. Those two just went insane on each other.

Wondermouse
07-12-2004, 04:44 AM
Austin/Bret was the best feud.

LK
07-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Best Feuds
Austin vs Bret
RVD vs Jerry Lynn
Undertaker vs MAnkind
Jericho vs Benoit

A good feud would be Christian vs HBK. Wrestlemania 21 in a similiar type of match to HBK vs Y2J at Mania 19 to solidify the CLB as a main eventer.

The Naitch
07-12-2004, 03:05 PM
If Brock was still around....

Orton vs. Brock Lesnar

Cena vs. Lesnar

natureboycv
07-12-2004, 03:41 PM
If Brock was still around....

Orton vs. Brock Lesnar

Cena vs. Lesnar
<font color=8307ff><b>Wasn't there a Cena/Lesnar feud back in 2003 for the WWE Title?</font></b>

Zen v.W.o.
07-12-2004, 04:17 PM

Pillman or the poster?

Brian Pillman(ecw/wwf persona) vs .stone cold:

2 crazy sons of bitches, with pretty much the same personalities, former partners and best friends..who was truly better? BTW, both would have to be hopefully fully healthy..Pillman's ankle and austins leg and neck would be detriments. I want them wrestling as I fondly recall them.

Bret Hart vs. HHH now:

He already smacked around HBK enough, time for HBK's gay buddy.

Bret and angle would have been great too.

Owen and Jericho is something I would have liked to see. Owen was slightly better imo, but man these guys would have pulled off something great.

Best feuds ever:

Bret/HBK
Bret/Austin
Hart Foundation/anyone else
Owen/Bret
Austin/vince
Piper/hogan
Taker/kane

Disturbed316
07-12-2004, 04:21 PM
DDP/Raven was a fantastic feud

Loose Cannon
07-12-2004, 04:26 PM

lol, I'd kick his ass for taking Orton's title. :mad:

Anyway, Some of the best feuds money-wise were Rock/Austin, Rock/HHH, Rock/Mankind, Hogan/Andre, Hogan/Savage. Bret/Shawn? Not sure about the last one.

My favorite feuds were:

Bret/Shawn
HHH/Rock: Ic Title one
Warrior/Hogan
Flair/Savage
Pillman/Sullivan
Sting/NWO
Rude/Roberts
Piper/Adonis, Piper/Hogan

Would of been Good:

Pillman/Austin: Mentioned this a couple of times before. Pillman was the perfect antagonist for Austin and were going to do a program, but Pillman got hurt.

Angle/Bret

Bret/Jericho

Savage/HBK