PDA

View Full Version : just met D-Von

Marc the Smark
07-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Great guy. Went to the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, and saw him and Miss Jackie. Jackie went for a jog, and came back wearing a tank top and a pair of shorts. Much prettier in person! She was signing autographs. D-Von was by himself, and was also signing autographs. I also got a picture with him. He went up and down the wall making sure not to miss anyone. He's a quiet guy, but he and Jackie were both nice. I'll have notes from Smackdown when I get home tonight.

Corkscrewed
07-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Awesome! He seems like the quiet type, to me at least. I wish I could meet WWE superstars.

VJW
07-13-2004, 05:43 PM
You're extremely lucky. I've always wanted to meet a WWE superstar in person.

Loose Cannon
07-13-2004, 06:39 PM
It's so wierd how I met D-von. He lived right up the street from me in New Rochelle, NY. He was working for ECW at the time. Now, I had never wtached ECW, but I heard about the Dudleys through my other friends who watched. My friend, who didn't wtach wrestling, lived in the same apartment complex as him. I remember him telling me that a wrestler lives in a few apartments down from him and I was like "No way." One one day we're walking back to his apartment through the driveway and there was D-Von up on his blacony about 10 ft up. My friend says Hi to him and then says "See, this is the wrestler." I was like, "Oh shoot" and said Hi. Then he was like, "You watch" I said yeah. I think he meant ECW though. :o I was blown away that a wrestler lived right up the street from me so I anwered "yes" real quick. I don't even remember what else was said, but it was a qucik meeting and that was it. But, it's weird how 5 yeras later, D-Von was in the WWE and he is a big name now. Back then, I didn't really know much about him

foodstampchamp
07-13-2004, 07:22 PM
I won a radio contest and got to play Bubba and Dvon in fooseball. Bubba was pretty outgoing but Dvon didn't have much to say.

ColdwaVer
07-13-2004, 11:32 PM
I won a radio contest and got to play Bubba and Dvon in fooseball. Bubba was pretty outgoing but Dvon didn't have much to say.

Yeah but how are they at foosball?

Marc the Smark
07-14-2004, 01:40 PM
D-Von = :y:

Deceit
07-14-2004, 05:47 PM
I know whatcha mean, LC. I met Raven at a house show many many years ago and I've been a fan since. Class act, very cool, and one of the smartest guys i've ever talked to. I was amazed when I first heard he was working for the WWE(F) back a few years ago.

KayfabeMan
07-14-2004, 07:21 PM
I've met D-Von 3 seperate times, and he's always been
extremely cool.

Not very talkative, like everyone has mentioned, but neither
am I, so it was quite alright. I met him once at about 1 AM,
after he just finished cleaning out his rental car, and he was
on his cell phone talking home -- but he still stopped to sign
stuff for me, and even took the time to ask if I wanted things
personalized and all that.

Really cool guy :y: