PDA

View Full Version : A POLL

Marc the Smark
07-14-2004, 12:36 AM
When you go to the matches in person, are you the kind of fan who yells at night, and holds up signs and stuff? Or do you basically just sit there (like I do)? Let's take a little poll, and please participate so I don't feel like I'm a deadbeat.

Sensei Of Mattitude
07-14-2004, 12:53 AM
i dont go to many shows anymore. i would always go when the WWE came to Philly but now I dont give enough of a shit to go. I did go to WrestleMania XX which was amazing and I yelled my ass off. Its so much fun to be stupid and yell shit. I was also at a MSG house show with a friend who lives in North Jersey and I was yelling "Albert is a Beastly Bitch". Good Ol Days.

Shaggy
07-14-2004, 12:55 AM
I have only been to one WWE show and that was Wrestlemania X-7 and I yelled and screamed my head off. I lost my voice and couldnt speak for the longest time after wards.

But I do go to little independent shows that are around here and when I go to them I usually scream and yell. It all depends on who is in the match. Some times I will yell and get into the match when other times I just sit back and watch whats going on.

Marc the Smark
07-14-2004, 12:58 AM
i dont go to many shows anymore. i would always go when the WWE came to Philly but now I dont give enough of a shit to go. I did go to WrestleMania XX which was amazing and I yelled my ass off. Its so much fun to be stupid and yell shit. I was also at a MSG house show with a friend who lives in North Jersey and I was yelling "Albert is a Beastly Bitch". Good Ol Days.

Yes, I too was at Mania XX, and the only time I screamed was when Hunter was about to tap. "Tappppp!!!!! Tappppppp!!!!!" I spent all that money to go to Mania, including the bus fare from Rhode Island (3 hours away), and couldn't even get into it. I don't know what's wrong with me. :(

The CyNick
07-14-2004, 12:58 AM
I'm not paying money to shut up.

I dont hold up signs though.

Marc the Smark
07-14-2004, 01:03 AM

I'm not saying you (or anyone else) should pay money to shut up. What I'm saying is, I kind of admire you for being able to get into it. I put so much time and effort into making these signs, and was ashamed to hold them up. Then, I basically just sat there like I were sitting on the couch at home. I guess I just don't have it in me. I need to go to these matches with you people who scream your heads off, and maybe you'll wear off on me. It really bothers me that I'm so quiet, but that's my personality. I feel like a dud.

Mayo
07-14-2004, 01:07 AM
I usually hold up my signs fervently and I scream and cheer like crazy. If its a Raw or Smackdown, I don't say much for the first 5 or so crappy matches, then I will start to cheer. After that, I go crazy and yell random stuff.

Marc the Smark
07-14-2004, 01:09 AM
Great. So I'm a dud. :(

Sensei Of Mattitude
07-14-2004, 01:12 AM

I took a bunch of signs to XX

ROSE 14

Triple H is the Anti-Christ

BEER 3:16

and more

Innovator
07-14-2004, 03:02 AM
I yell. I pay good money and if I wanna voice my opinion, I damn sure will. At Vengeance I started yelling "WE WANT AUSTIN!", just because a guy behind me said Austin should come back. I walked around in an ECW shirt yelling "ECW ECW ECW ECW". I was yelling NO! when Edge speared Randy. etc...

Boondock Saint
07-14-2004, 03:18 AM
Great. So I'm a dud. :(

Nah, I'm the same way. I'd like to yell and stuff but I'm a quiet person and even though everyone else is yelling, I just don't. I stand up and clap during entrances/after the match though...

I just love being there live though because there is nothing like the experience both in the ring and the fans.

I just went to RAW on Monday, my first along with KOTR 2000, and 3 house shows. Didn't yell or anything but I was still into it. I may boo or cheer a bit here and there but not much.

Oh well. Still good times none the less.

Vega
07-14-2004, 03:18 AM
The type that stands up and yells and brings signs.

The One
07-14-2004, 04:16 AM
I don't bring signs...mainly because I have had one too many events ruined by some asshole who sits in front of me with a sign like "John" with an arrow or "Put me on TV"...I don't mind signs if they have at least SOMETHING to do with wrestling...anyway I personally don't like signs, though I do yell for maybe a match or two...other then that for 80% of the show I am a sitter and enjoyer.

Xero
07-14-2004, 12:01 PM
I brought signs to a SmackDown once (The one I remember was a red white and blue "Get Rowdy" or something for K Kwik and Road Dogg), and didnt get on TV... I just gave up after that and I dont bother with signs...

I yell and scream all the time at shows... Sometimes I use "Fuck" and "Shit" when I'm really into it... :shifty: (IE: After the Brock/Goldberg match at Mania, I yelled "NOW LETS HAVE A GOOD FUCKING MATCH!")

The one where I know I screamed the most was SuvivorSeries 02... I was screaming and yelling so hard that afterwards I felt sick and I had lost my voice... Same thing with Mania XX... I felt a little sick from yelling and I lost my voice...

I love going to shows and getting into them, it's fun...

RemyRed
07-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Last show I went to was SummerSlam 98, I just sat there calmly most of the time even though I had brought some DX South Park signs (hey those signs were popular back then) and wore the Don't Trust Anybody Steve Austin shirt.

Funky Fly
07-14-2004, 07:14 PM
I will yell stuff from time to time, but mostly I am there to watch. That's not just for wrestling, but for any sport(s entertainment).

MVP
07-14-2004, 07:39 PM
Last time I was at a house show I kept dissing Rosey.

Never brought a sign though.