PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown GM (Spoiler)

Marc the Smark
07-14-2004, 01:50 PM
With Angle back as a wrestler, Smackdown needs a new GM. Who should it be? Is it time to bring back Stephanie? (God I hope not)

Stickman
07-14-2004, 01:53 PM
I sure hope to never see Stephanie again. She will not boost ratings, infact, I probably will watch Smackdown less than I do.

RemyRed
07-14-2004, 01:54 PM
They should make me GM... :shifty:
Actually everyone posting on this board can pull of a better job with the Smackdown brand I feel.

Sephiroth
07-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Dunno...i think Shane O MAC would make a good GM.

Marc the Smark
07-14-2004, 01:57 PM
They should bring back Roddy Piper

James Steele
07-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Actually, here is a ole' swerve for ya.

****Spoiler/Obvious****

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
KURT ANGLE STAYS GM SO HE CAN PUT EDDIE THROUGH EVEN MORE HELL BEFORE THEIR MATCH!

The CyNick
07-14-2004, 01:59 PM
Like I said in the other post about SD I think they are setting up for a babyface GM.

Knowing how the WWE works Vince thinks his family are the biggest stars int he comapny so he probably figures he needs a family member to come back on TV. I could see it being either Vince, Steph or even Shane.

Shane might be the best choice because he's never really been put in a serious authority figure role. He's had storyline power before, but its usually as a heel where he's acting like a goof and jumping around all over the place.

Steph would be annoying, but I could see an angle that might work. You have Steph come back as a babyface, as the months go on she gets involved in an Angle-Taker program for the title. In that program she reveals she's been working with Kurt all along and they form an alliance (playing off their past). Angle could then be champ with his "girlfriend" Steph as the lady in power. It would be a little play off real life with HHH and Steph. I think that would be fun, but it likely wont happen.

Vince returning would probably be best for the company from the standpoint of ratings, but with him being Chairman I dont think they'd do that.

James Steele
07-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Good points Cynick,

It will most likely be a McMahon, but it will most likely go like this:

Kurt abuses authority to get Eddie all beaten up before their match at ???? (SummerSlam most likely). Vince shows up and makes Kurt choose: Wrestle or GM. He chooses wrestling. Vince then announces that in 2 weeks (for build-up) he and the board of directors will decide upon the new general manager of SmackDown!

I am thinking Shane-O. Because, like CyNick said, he has never been a true "authority figure". he was just Vince's lackey for the most part. They have teased Shane becoming an authority figure alot over the past few years so i think that they will finally do it.

RemyRed
07-14-2004, 02:12 PM
There's no chance at all of it being Austin is it?

James Steele
07-14-2004, 02:32 PM
If it is, Screw SmackDown!.

Austin's career is over. He needs to learn that. I have lost so much respect for Austin over the past couple of years it is not even funny.

LK
07-14-2004, 02:43 PM
If it is Steph I will throw a brick through my TV. My choice would be Heyma n who did a great job before.

The CyNick
07-14-2004, 02:45 PM

There's always a chance, but I haven't heard anything about austin coming back as a regular on TV. So as of now, its not him.

loopydate
07-14-2004, 03:04 PM
I certainly hope not.

Here's a radical concept, though...

How about no authority figure character?

The Mackem
07-14-2004, 03:27 PM
I didn't mind Steph when she was GM of Smackdown last time.

Ricky
07-14-2004, 03:29 PM
This is a big long shot, but what about Stacy Keibler?

She is doing absolutely nothing right now and with Test out for the next year or however long it is she probably won't have anything to do for a while (assuming she would probably be somehow involved with him otherwise). She would be the one to bring back all the divas that Kurt Angle fired and she would get guaranteed face pops. Also she has been linked with Authority before when she debuted with Shane McMahon and was Vince's secretary or whatever for a while.

It's better than Stephanie McMahon at least.

The One
07-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Does anybody realise that RAW has had Eric Bischoff (and on again off again Austin side kick) for the entire 2 years of the brand extension (well since Vince got 100% control anyway...)....SmackDown has had Stephanie McMahon, Paul Heyman, AND Kurt Angle...

I would say Paul Heyman is my choice for GM, but since he is going into managing again, Stephanie would be (IMO) the WORST choice...the idea of Shane already came up and I personally would find this to be the best answer, if anf only if, he is a heel. I DO NOT like the "powers that be" to be faces. It just isn't interesting. Not that #1 Face vs. Man in Power is interesting, but I am saying on a whole, heels are better in control.

Oh...and I hate Wrestlers turned Authroity...I don't like Flair, Austin, or Angle in control....

Sorry for the little rant just going off here I guess.

Lara Emily
07-14-2004, 03:43 PM
This is a big long shot, but what about Stacy Keibler?

She is doing absolutely nothing right now and with Test out for the next year or however long it is she probably won't have anything to do for a while (assuming she would probably be somehow involved with him otherwise). She would be the one to bring back all the divas that Kurt Angle fired and she would get guaranteed face pops. Also she has been linked with Authority before when she debuted with Shane McMahon and was Vince's secretary or whatever for a while.

It's better than Stephanie McMahon at least.

The words good god and no come to mind.

Ricky
07-14-2004, 03:46 PM
LOL it was only an idea.

The One
07-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Actually Stacy dosn't strike me as a terrible idea...certainly one worth looking into. What if she didn't bring back the divas, what if she wasn't playful anymore. She was just a stiff ass suit. She wouldn't wear booty shorts, she would wear actual clothes. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Lara Emily
07-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Actually Stacy dosn't strike me as a terrible idea...certainly one worth looking into. What if she didn't bring back the divas, what if she wasn't playful anymore. She was just a stiff ass suit. She wouldn't wear booty shorts, she would wear actual clothes. I wouldn't mind seeing it.
It would require her to talk. Stacy shouldn't be allowed to talk. She makes my ears bleed.

The One
07-14-2004, 04:06 PM
It would require her to talk. Stacy shouldn't be allowed to talk. She makes my ears bleed.

:lol: point well taken.

Ricky
07-14-2004, 04:12 PM
Seriously though who is there other than Shane McMahon who hasn't already been tried in some sort of authority position before and would actually be a realistic choice?

The One
07-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Seriously though who is there other than Shane McMahon who hasn't already been tried in some sort of authority position before and would actually be a realistic choice?

Dumb ideas that I don't personally like, but an option...Coach, Thedore Long, or Tom Pritchard.

James Steele
07-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Or....

They could just get Mick Foley again.... :shifty:

RemyRed
07-14-2004, 05:40 PM
It would be a shock to see someone from TNA just come out as GM (like the newly-let go Kid Kash)

Corkscrewed
07-14-2004, 06:17 PM
How about Carmella Descare being the new GM? :shifty:

Xero
07-14-2004, 06:30 PM
I could see Shane as GM, it would be interesting...

But if they go with this "President" thing where they vote for president, prehaps the winner will be the GM of Raw and GM of SmackDown? I dunno, but thats how it sounds...

Anyway, Shane would deff be the best choice IMO out of the McMahons, besides Vince, who should stay as Chairman...

RGWhat316
07-14-2004, 06:38 PM
I agree with saying that Shane O should be the new GM. If anyone remembers last year when Bischoff was given 30 days, Shane was actually the one set to take over the RAW GM. So I would like to see Shane become GM.

Splaya
07-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Or....

They could just get Mick Foley again.... :shifty:

Foley isn't going to be doing shit for the WWE in the near future. He is reportedly pissed off at Flair and Vince for allowing Flair to brutalize him in his book and for Vince going along for publishing it. The story goes on as far as to say that he is no longer talking with anyone associated with WWE.

RemyRed
07-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Maybe Al Snow? He was almost commisioner for a while. I would like Shane to be the GM but isn't he being groomed to take over as chairman?

parkmania
07-14-2004, 07:43 PM
What about Sargeant Slaughter? Sarge _has_ had the power before, is VERY well-respected by the "boys", and can be just as over as a heel or a face.

ColdwaVer
07-14-2004, 08:11 PM
Honestly, I say put Stephanie back in, and keep her out of the ring. Stephanie wasn't at all bad as a face GM until she started wrestling Sable and Vince. The only problem is how to install a face GM. Putting Stephanie in as GM would require one of these things:
-Vince brings her back, she comes back as a heel for no reason
-Vince brings her back, she plays a heel reluctantly under his supervision
-Linda/the board of directors brings her in, she comes back as a face

In any case, SD needs to pick a GM and keep him/her for a good long time. Bischoff on Raw is seen as a legit authority because he's never been fired (for more than a few minutes anyways.)

ColdwaVer
07-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Does anybody realise that RAW has had Eric Bischoff (and on again off again Austin side kick) for the entire 2 years of the brand extension

Not true.

We've also had Teddy Long and Eugene. :shifty:

The Naitch
07-14-2004, 08:18 PM
I wanna see Teddy Long as GM. Belie dat!

Innovator
07-14-2004, 08:29 PM
Vince Russo :shifty:

SWWWWWEEEEEERRRRRVVVVVVEEEEEEEE

Disturbed316
07-14-2004, 08:32 PM
As long as Stephanie wears slutty clothes, I'd gladly see her come back.

Marc the Smark
07-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Okay, but let's get a little creative. Don't be afraid to think outside of the box here. How about Piper??? Will it happen??? No, but it'd be cool.

Lara Emily
07-14-2004, 11:20 PM
I say they make Hal 9000 the new GM

.44 Magdalene
07-14-2004, 11:46 PM
The ghost of Paul Bearer.

Or Funaki, complete with Haienkai voice over.

Or Belty, complete with Haienkai voice over.

Or the Kane / Lita baby, complete with Haienkai voice over.

Or Ms. Hancock. Bring back Right to Censor as enforcers, or something like that.

Or the Hurricane, after getting pissy about Flair and jumping ship. STAND BACK, THERE'S A HURRI-MANAGER COMIN' THROUGH.

Or Kurt Angle dressed like Mr. America.

Or the little evil in Big Evil's urn. You know there HAS to be a tiny Undertaker in there.

Or, or, Gary Coleman. They could call him the General Midgeter.

Wacky antics would be sure to ensue.

OR, OR, OR...OR OR OR OR they could just drop the whole damn authority figure angle. Forever. Come up with something new, it's overdone and there's hardly a believable authority figure that hasn't been there already...unless you really DO want a McMahon BACK on your teebee. I say we come up with a new way to screw the babyface. Maybe promote the guys who are actually wrestling. Just a thought.

I'm the Critic, that's my two cents. 'Nuff.

Hired Hitman
07-15-2004, 07:01 AM
Heyman or Shane and I will be happy.

The CyNick
07-15-2004, 12:31 PM
I'd like to see Long get a shot, although he wont do anything for ratings, but at leats he'd be entertaining.

Long become GM, all of a sudden Orlando Jordan gets a bunch of US title shots, and BT gets WWE Title shots every week.

Dont hate the playa...

My Final Heaven
07-15-2004, 01:04 PM
I say they make Hal 9000 the new GM

Technically, Douglas Rain, the guy who did the voice of HAL 9000 is still alive, so.....
In another interesting tidbit, He's also from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada so you never know. Jericho could have some connections :D

"Vince McMahon: Hello, HAL do you read me, HAL?

HAL: Affirmative, Vince, I read you.

Vince McMahon: Open the arena doors, HAL.

HAL: I'm sorry Vince, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Vince McMahon: What's the problem?

HAL: You have a thing for hosses, and the ratings are at an all time low. I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

Vince McMahon: What are you talking about HAL?

HAL: The cruiserweights are too important for me to allow you to jeopardize them.

Vince McMahon: I don't know what you're talking about, HAL!

HAL: I know you and HHH were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid
that's something I cannot allow to happen.

Vince McMahon: Where the hell'd you get that idea, HAL?

HAL: Vince, although you took thorough precautions in the ring against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

Vince McMahon: D'OH!"

Stickman
07-15-2004, 01:29 PM
How about Taz as GM?

HankScorpio
07-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Rico is injured at the moment, he could be the new GM, I mean come on we've had Eugene on RAW.

Rico's version of Musical Chairs would be way more inventive I'm sure

HankScorpio
07-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Dunno...i think Shane O MAC would make a good GM.

**here comes the moneyyy** :y: :love:

James Steele
07-15-2004, 01:43 PM
Plus he would look cooler in the intro video for smackdown! than Kurt....

loopydate
07-15-2004, 01:54 PM
OR, OR, OR...OR OR OR OR they could just drop the whole damn authority figure angle. Forever. Come up with something new, it's overdone and there's hardly a believable authority figure that hasn't been there already...unless you really DO want a McMahon BACK on your teebee. I say we come up with a new way to screw the babyface. Maybe promote the guys who are actually wrestling. Just a thought.
Now, that's what I'm talkin' about. As entertaining as Bisch is, authority characters are wholly unnecessary.

the_rock's_#1_fan
07-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Now, that's what I'm talkin' about. As entertaining as Bisch is, authority characters are wholly unnecessary.

Youre Godd**n right it's time for Steph to come back as SD! GM or put her in the "president" position they've been trying to create, someone who would be below the level of Vince and Linda but would have authority over both GM's where, either Steph or Shane or would fit such a position very nicely. But let's leave the GM job to someone who is a GENERAL Manager not a pussy wrestling manager who gets punked out all the time for trying to be such a hard-ass, like Heyman...you can kiss SD! goodbye if they put P.H. back in the GM's seat. And yes, I believe either Stephanie or Shane will be named the next GM, and if it is Steph, to all you haters out there, I guarandamntee that she will give the ratings a jolt to near RAW levels. And if anyone in here doesn't like what I have to say, eat shit :foc: .

Splaya
07-15-2004, 06:03 PM
I'd like to see Long get a shot, although he wont do anything for ratings, but at leats he'd be entertaining.

Long become GM, all of a sudden Orlando Jordan gets a bunch of US title shots, and BT gets WWE Title shots every week.

Dont hate the playa...

Hate the game

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2004, 06:10 PM
William Regal.

Mayo
07-15-2004, 10:27 PM

Well you can't have Raw with an authority figure while Smackdown doesn't have one. Either both have to have one, or both should not. I think the main reason that they have them right now is to help create megastars like Austin, Rock, and now Cena. You see how big the pops are when Cena hit Kurt Angle last week, and in the past when Austin feuded with Vince and Rock would go against heel GM's. This is why most GM's today are heels, and their main purpose is to create megafaces.

Mayo
07-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Red Hot Scott, by putting Smackdown GM as the thread title, I figured that something was going to happen with Angle related to his GM position. Also, right when I saw the luchadore come out at the end, I knew it was Angle because he was so bulky. This is a spoiler to anyone that has common sense, so be more careful in the future please :y:

I think it'll be Steph or Shane.

tucsonspeed6
07-16-2004, 02:04 PM
It'll be Paul Bearer :shifty:

Ricky
07-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Youre Godd**n right it's time for Steph to come back as SD! GM or put her in the "president" position they've been trying to create, someone who would be below the level of Vince and Linda but would have authority over both GM's where, either Steph or Shane or would fit such a position very nicely. But let's leave the GM job to someone who is a GENERAL Manager not a pussy wrestling manager who gets punked out all the time for trying to be such a hard-ass, like Heyman...you can kiss SD! goodbye if they put P.H. back in the GM's seat. And yes, I believe either Stephanie or Shane will be named the next GM, and if it is Steph, to all you haters out there, I guarandamntee that she will give the ratings a jolt to near RAW levels. And if anyone in here doesn't like what I have to say, eat shit :foc: .
LOL what are you on about? You say you agree that there shouldn't be authority figures in wrestling anymore and then you start going on about how "This person should be GM" and "So and so should be the president"

Dipshit.

Savio
07-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Oh...and I hate Wrestlers turned Authroity...I don't like Flair, Austin, or Angle in control....
Not even foley?
------------------------
We all know HHH will be the GM.

tucsonspeed6
07-16-2004, 02:45 PM
LOL what are you on about? You say you agree that there shouldn't be authority figures in wrestling anymore and then you start going on about how "This person should be GM" and "So and so should be the president"

Dipshit.

Indeed Vic, what a dumbass.

the_rocks_numberone_assclown: "There shouldn't be any gm's anymore! I think there should be sixteen different levels in the chain of authority, so when Stonecold gets out of hand there's a president of my ass who will call in the wrestling coast guard who in turn will assassinate the sheriff of Raw and replace him with a council of 5 members whereby a vote from 3/5ths of the members constitutes a majority wherein the enforcer, whose role is similar to the sheriff's will deliver a message to the secretary of the council who will in turn fax the message to the GM whose job is to make sure that his or her secretary notifies the council of wrestlers who must then ratify the vote to a 2/3rds majority before the bill can be passed onto the WWE website wherein the fans vote online to ratify the bill, thus returning the bill to the CEO who in turn notifies his board of investors that the bill has indeed been passed by the noted parties. The board of investors then votes on the bill and makes a public statement on either Raw or Smackdown, depending on which show the bill is in reference to at which time the GM must then notify the wrestling commisioner that a match must be made in order to finalize the bill into law. The commisioner then makes a match between two main eventers, four midcarders, or a battle royal of a mix of wrestlers, and depending on the result of the match, either the board of wrestlers or the GM can then judge whether or not the bill can indeed become law. For example, if a wrestler is to be fired, this judgement will then notify the wrestler that their "pinkslip" match will be presented at the next PPV, at which time if the wrestler loses, a notification is then sent to the web designers to notify the public of the loss of the match which in turn begins a voting process by the public to veto the firing, which can be turned down by the CEO at any time, unless the full majority of the wrestling council as well as two thirds of the investing council vetos the ceo's veto of the fans' veto."

IT MAKES PERFECT FREAKING SENSE!!!!!!!!!

Thriller
07-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Well boys and girls i hate to be the bearer af bad news ,but according to the house show results from Japan ,Shane O Mac made an apperence to change the main event for the next nights show.hmmmmm could this be a sign of whats to come .

Wildcat789
07-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Why do they call you the Thriller? If anything you ruined my day.

Heh JK man

But in seriousness, the GM should be Bret Hart.