PDA

View Full Version : When did you start to dislike Triple H?

The One
07-16-2004, 03:21 PM
I mean...lets be real here. Back in 1999 we all loved the guy (or hated him cause he was heel...you sly marks you). Anyway he was doing great matches, promos were long but yet somehow enjoyable. He was mega over as a heel, and we loved him for it...that was 5 years ago. Triple H went from seemingly being able to do no wrong in our eyes, to the oposite of being able to do no right. So, my question is this...when did you start to dislike Triple H?

For me it was not so much his direct fault. I started to hate him during his (ironic) face turn of 2002. Him and Chris Jericho were going into WrestleMania and suddenly here comes Stephanie McMahon...well that made me get real mad at Stephanie, and eventually that anger spread over to her husband. Anyway ever since Triple H won the Undisputed Title at X-8 I just don't like him...

Anyway when did YOU start to dislike the man?

Fryza
07-16-2004, 03:27 PM
The coporate DX angle made me not like him. But when he came back after his injuries I just downright hated the guy. I couldn't stand seeing him. I'm not even sure if I knew his backstage antics or not, I just didn't like him.. :-\

LK
07-16-2004, 03:41 PM
When he returned and he sucked big time in the ring. Then I came on this website and heard of his past and when he held Jericho down. Thats when I started REALLY hating him.

Moonspell
07-16-2004, 03:46 PM
I was never really a fan of Triple H. I liked him somewhat before joining D-X, but the last thing he ever did that I liked, was when he took Stephanie to the drive-in marriage deal. I thought that was hilarious. But I disliked him upon his entrance into D-X. These days the only time I can even bother to listen to him is if Orton or some other person is cutting some sort of promo with him... er, except for Shawn Michaels. Seen enough of those.

BCWWF
07-16-2004, 03:48 PM
He was coming back from his injury like a hero, and then as soon as he came back everybody realized that he sucked.

Wildcat789
07-16-2004, 03:56 PM
I never minded HHH until 'Mania 19. He completely ruined Booker in that PPV. He was top face, his work was really good. Then he got fucked at Mania XIX cuz of HHH. Then he was sent down to midcard hell. Sorry Booker :(.

Kapoutman
07-16-2004, 04:01 PM
I was never a fan of Triple H. Sure, I didn't <i>hate</i> him back then, but I just thought he was a bit bland. I mean, yeah his matches were great, but his promos bored me. I just started really hating him with the Jericho/Steph's dog angle.

BLaZeR-
07-16-2004, 04:31 PM
During his return from his quad injury he started to suck horribly, and when he buried Booker T at WM19 that was the final nail in the coffin.

Mayo
07-16-2004, 04:39 PM
I don't hate Triple H because he is my favourite wrestler ever! :shifty:

Seriously though, I don't hate him. He is a huge dick for holding down talent the last few years, but lately he has gotten better by jobbing to Benoit, Benjamin, etc. He still uses his backstage powers way too much since he is on at least 20 minutes of every single Raw, but I'm pretty sure most people in his situation would do the same. I don't mind watching an HHH match at all.

The One
07-16-2004, 04:42 PM
No not at all...actually ever since last year HHH has suprised me with quite a few good matches. His matches don't bother me so much, I think it is just I don't like wrestlers who have backstage pull...I understand if you have a top talent you want to make him happy, but if your top talent is married into the owner's family, I don't care if Steph sits in the RAW meetings or not, you KNOW they have that in the back of their mind...

But to be fair, he does love, and I mean LOVE this industry. He has a passion for it, he just also has a passion to be the best (or at least appear like the best) and someone who loves what they do, think they are the best at it, and has power to make it appear that way seems taboo to me.

Corkscrewed
07-16-2004, 04:46 PM
He was coming back from his injury like a hero, and then as soon as he came back everybody realized that he sucked.

That's basically it. He let his power get to his head, which is downfall for anyone, really.

Funky Fly
07-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Shortly after his return from the injury. They built him up as unbeatable while making Jericho into a bitch.

diamondcutter
07-16-2004, 05:31 PM
When the pedigree went from an underhooked piledriver/ddt, to merely shoving the opponent's face into the mat with your hand.

Eunos
07-16-2004, 05:35 PM
I have never been a Triple H fan

Even back in 2000 i didnt like him. There was always something about him that i just Disliked.

So when i came here i was pleased to see how many people agreed :D

Savio
07-16-2004, 05:44 PM
I.....I like him now :-\

Rob
07-16-2004, 05:52 PM

Favre4Ever
07-16-2004, 05:58 PM
I think I started to hate him after he turned on Michaels following his short face run. Because after that, Lesnar went to Smackdown and separated the championships, and HHH became king of RAW.

Gerard
07-16-2004, 06:15 PM
When it finally dawned on me he is involved in the heavyweight title constantly and thats not gonna change, when hes not champion the focus is taken off the champion and put on him, when he is champion his nose is never off my screen. As i said before, the heavyweight title may as well be a boomerang he;s throwing beacuse it always comes back to him.

James Steele
07-16-2004, 06:22 PM
I started "hating" Trips H when he lost the title to HOGAN. He shattered the dream i had of Hogan being made a bitch in front of the entire world. :'( DAMN YOU TRIPLE H DAMN YOU TO HELL.....

Ninti the Mad
07-16-2004, 06:28 PM
I still like him.

He is the man.

I will always llike him.

I was one of th efew cheering for him when he came down here a couple of months ago for a house show. He was facing Benoit.

I kept calling him by his real name. Haha

Sickboy
07-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Shortly after his return from the injury. But when I really started to dislike him was when he began to have longer than life title reigns. After the brand split he's just gone worse all the time.

The Tool
07-16-2004, 08:57 PM
I don't hate triple h. I am just kinda fed up and bored with him. It seems like he is always the champ, and even when he isn't the champ he still gets all the attention. Give some other people the limelight for awhile.

Stickman
07-16-2004, 09:05 PM
I honestly don't know if there's a time when I started to hate him. I just got sick of him winning and holding the title so many times. And he's shoved down our throats so much it's just annoying. I mean, there are other wrestlers.

The CyNick
07-16-2004, 09:24 PM
I was a huge fan of his going back to his old Snob Blue Blood days, and I thought he was God for a time as well (which I will strongly deny if anyone ever repeats this), but I became less and less of a fan of his probably starting in 99 with the stuff with Jericho. But my feeling at that time was he was doing great business and his work was really really good, so I could see a justification for his spot.

The next shot against him was in 2001 after Mania when he didn't want to program against Austin (which was the right thing for business) and lose to him.

Next was the whole deal in 2002 when he didn't want to put over Brock and also didn't want to fight for the IC title (instead of the Undisputed Title) so that led to the insanity that was handing him the title (which wasn't his idea but the reason for making the title was due to him). That hurt Brock because he lost out on another big win over an established star, and it killed whatever good Rock had done for Brock and the title at Summerslam. Buyrates show this really hurt business.

The nail in the coffin for me was what happened in the following months. Killing RVD, Kane and Booker T for no good reason and on top of that he kept the top spot despite the fact that his workrate and his drawing abilities were nowhere near what a World Champ should be. So his wasn't justified like it was in 2000 when his work was great and he was drawing.

The deal with Goldberg didn't help any, since he basically killed Goldberg single handedly.

Since then at least he's been having better matches, and he's giving a lot more in his matches, but he's still working everyone to the point that people think Benoit has had a good run on top, when in fact he hasn't been on top, he's just been carrying around the belt for HHH. But 2004 HHH is better than 02/03 HHH, so you take what you can get with the guy since he sin't going anywhere...ever.

The Naitch
07-16-2004, 09:26 PM
I was a huge fan of his going back to his old Snob Blue Blood days, and I thought he was God for a time as well (which I will strongly deny if anyone ever repeats this), but I became less and less of a fan of his probably starting in 99 with the stuff with Jericho. But my feeling at that time was he was doing great business and his work was really really good, so I could see a justification for his spot.

The next shot against him was in 2001 after Mania when he didn't want to program against Austin (which was the right thing for business) and lose to him.

Next was the whole deal in 2002 when he didn't want to put over Brock and also didn't want to fight for the IC title (instead of the Undisputed Title) so that led to the insanity that was handing him the title (which wasn't his idea but the reason for making the title was due to him). That hurt Brock because he lost out on another big win over an established star, and it killed whatever good Rock had done for Brock and the title at Summerslam. Buyrates show this really hurt business.

The nail in the coffin for me was what happened in the following months. Killing RVD, Kane and Booker T for no good reason and on top of that he kept the top spot despite the fact that his workrate and his drawing abilities were nowhere near what a World Champ should be. So his wasn't justified like it was in 2000 when his work was great and he was drawing.

The deal with Goldberg didn't help any, since he basically killed Goldberg single handedly.

Since then at least he's been having better matches, and he's giving a lot more in his matches, but he's still working everyone to the point that people think Benoit has had a good run on top, when in fact he hasn't been on top, he's just been carrying around the belt for HHH. But 2004 HHH is better than 02/03 HHH, so you take what you can get with the guy since he sin't going anywhere...ever.

How come he didn't want to have a program against Austin? You'd figure that that feud would make both guys look good

Excellance of Execution
07-16-2004, 09:35 PM

HHH is just letting Benoit have the title for a while so Benoit looks legit in everyone's eyes. Then when HHH beats him, HHH looks like he beat the best, thus making HHH look like he's the greatest. Don't you think there's a real reason why HHH hasn't had the title in a while? This will come full circle soon enough.

SukkaChump
07-16-2004, 09:41 PM
i think i started to just despise him during the whole Helmsley Mcmahon era.. i mean seeing the guy ALL the time just kinda irked me

Batsu
07-16-2004, 10:17 PM
During his return from his quad injury he started to suck horribly, and when he buried Booker T at WM19 that was the final nail in the coffin.

Exactly. This was it. Add in the part about burying Jericho and you've nailed it.

Watson
07-16-2004, 10:21 PM
When he "drugged" and married Stephanie on RAW when she was supposed to marry Test. It was around that time I read somewhere that he was dating Steph in real life and I knew right then he was gonna use his power to his own benefit but even before that I wasn't ever really a big fan of his.

The CyNick
07-16-2004, 10:44 PM
How come he didn't want to have a program against Austin? You'd figure that that feud would make both guys look good

It would have, but it was typical HHH.

If you recall the PPV before Mania 2001 they had HHH beat Austin in what some might have called to that point the best match in WWE history (arguable point obviously). With the Austin heel turn and HHH getting more over with the fans, it would have made sense to turn Hunter, and since he got the win over Austin a month before Mania he would make the perfect challenger. However, the problem was they didn't want to take the title off Austin, so in order to stay in the top angle without having to do any real JOBs he decided to stay heel and they did the whole 2 man power trip deal.

Its possible they still planned to go to the HHH-Austin program at some point (maybe Mania 02?) but as he's done many times since he got out of doing JOBs.

Eugene
07-16-2004, 11:26 PM
Don't disrespect HHH, he's my best friend and my favorite wrestler.

Batsu
07-17-2004, 12:03 AM
It would have, but it was typical HHH.

If you recall the PPV before Mania 2001 they had HHH beat Austin in what some might have called to that point the best match in WWE history (arguable point obviously). With the Austin heel turn and HHH getting more over with the fans, it would have made sense to turn Hunter, and since he got the win over Austin a month before Mania he would make the perfect challenger. However, the problem was they didn't want to take the title off Austin, so in order to stay in the top angle without having to do any real JOBs he decided to stay heel and they did the whole 2 man power trip deal.

Its possible they still planned to go to the HHH-Austin program at some point (maybe Mania 02?) but as he's done many times since he got out of doing JOBs.

Ugh... I know Austin pretty much "HBK"-ed him by not wanting to drop the belt to him back in '99, but I definitely wanted to see a face HHH vs a heel Austin...that's what the fans were wanting to see... instead we got a really boring 2 Man Power Trip. Well, it at least got Benoit and Jericho closer to the main event at least.

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
07-17-2004, 05:29 AM
The seeds were planted when they were doing all those promos about his injury and his amazing comeback, and then the night they were advertizing his fantastic comeback, he just came out and did his poses and shit and didn't say or do anything. Then, when he beat Jericho for the title, I completely despised him.

Shadow
07-17-2004, 10:00 AM
I've hated HHH since....he debuted. And that was awhile ago.

addy2hotty
07-17-2004, 10:03 AM
I think return from injury - WM20, HHH went off the rails with the power thing. The Power Trip thing really never worked and thankfully because of his injury we got some of the most entertaining Steve Austin stuff ever. (Kurt Angle, Vince, Austin with cowboy hats/badges, we don't need no stinking badges! - come on it was funny). Then he returned and like we've said, made the 1st ever Undisputed Champion look beyond weak - which ruined the end of WM18 for me.

At WM20, I had a new found respect for him and it's been growing ever since. His matches are back to a high level, he's putting over his group, and other wrestlers despite the fact that it makes him look stupid at times.

And what he did to Eugene was pure evil Triple H and I really enjoyed the angle because you couldn't see where it was going, whether Evolution would dump him and Orton would climb to the top or whether Triple H would see the 'light' and become Eugenes friend like William Regal (about time an Englishman was in the spotlight on Raw by the way).

All we need now is angle-less Jericho to join the war against Evolution this Monday much like Edge has, and we can have a Triple H vs Chris Benoit vs Chris Jericho main event at Summerslam. And I can dream some more.....

Dave Youell
07-17-2004, 10:06 AM
The coporate DX angle made me not like him. But when he came back after his injuries I just downright hated the guy. I couldn't stand seeing him. I'm not even sure if I knew his backstage antics or not, I just didn't like him.. :-\
Yeah that's pretty much when I had enough of him, more specifically when he started out with Steph

Dazz
07-17-2004, 11:28 AM
No not at all...actually ever since last year HHH has suprised me with quite a few good matches. His matches don't bother me so much, I think it is just I don't like wrestlers who have backstage pull...I understand if you have a top talent you want to make him happy, but if your top talent is married into the owner's family, I don't care if Steph sits in the RAW meetings or not, you KNOW they have that in the back of their mind...

But to be fair, he does love, and I mean LOVE this industry. He has a passion for it, he just also has a passion to be the best (or at least appear like the best) and someone who loves what they do, think they are the best at it, and has power to make it appear that way seems taboo to me.

:y: :y:

Cooler Tom Schuler
07-17-2004, 03:28 PM
This is an interesting topic, 'cause I could never really put my finger on when the internet turned on him. I remember how he was atop everyone's lists when he became the first heel to hold the title coming out of Wrestlemania, but then one day it seemed everyone felt the exact opposite. Interesting.

addy2hotty
07-17-2004, 03:41 PM
This is an interesting topic, 'cause I could never really put my finger on when the internet turned on him. I remember how he was atop everyone's lists when he became the first heel to hold the title coming out of Wrestlemania, but then one day it seemed everyone felt the exact opposite. Interesting.

I think it was after Steph and him killed Jericho's run. I remember when he dropped the title to Hogan and not many people complained. It was then that he turned heel again and when it really started.

Scarface
07-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Triple H Vs Stephanie McMahon With Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania made me hate him. I couldnt fucking believe what they did to Jericho by making the feud he had nothing really to do with him anymore. Thats when I really started to hate him.

Batsu
07-17-2004, 08:51 PM
At WM20, I had a new found respect for him and it's been growing ever since. His matches are back to a high level, he's putting over his group, and other wrestlers despite the fact that it makes him look stupid at times.

And what he did to Eugene was pure evil Triple H and I really enjoyed the angle because you couldn't see where it was going, whether Evolution would dump him and Orton would climb to the top or whether Triple H would see the 'light' and become Eugenes friend like William Regal (about time an Englishman was in the spotlight on Raw by the way).

Yeah. I like HHH's recent actions. He's acting more like TRIPLE H, not some bland Ric Flair ripoff with Hogan-ish tendencies....not some guy who looks like HHH, but acts more like The Ultimate Warrior with a better finisher....not some guy who plays second fiddle to Austin because he didn't want to do the J-O-B. The stuff with Eugene is classic HHH. The kind of stuff that had fans pulling his hair when he came into the arena and belting huge A-Hole chants.