PDA

View Full Version : www.lovefilm.com

El Capitano Gatisto
07-16-2004, 04:15 PM
http://www.lovefilm.com/

I spied an ad for this website when I was on the university library computers on the other day. What it is, if you can't be arsed clicking the link, is a mail order DVD rental place, where you pay a monthly fee and then you can order DVDs you wish to borrow from them.

Depending on how much you pay per month, you can have a different number of DVDs out at a particular time, but you can get as many out a month as you like.

They send the DVDs out first class postage, and also provide pre-paid first class packaging for you to send them back, so all you pay is the monthly fee.

They have a huge selection of DVDs, apparently.

This all sounds to me like it is too good to be true. I have been looking for a decent DVD rental place near me, because the ones I know are shit in terms of choice. They only have the obvious stuff, not more obscure titles or foreign films, or older titles I'd like to see. So this would be perfect for me, and I've easily spend more than the monthly fees on DVD rentals as it is.

Does anyone use these guys, or have they used them? There must be some kind of horriblr catch that makes them shit.

Funky Fly
07-16-2004, 04:22 PM
They have been doing this with videogames for a while now. It's about time it spread to DVDs.

Triple A
07-16-2004, 04:47 PM
Yeah they have been doing that forever with Netflix. :o

El Capitano Gatisto
07-16-2004, 04:51 PM
I have been doing your mum forever.

Boomer
07-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Ya Netflix rules. Got me On The Waterfront todayyy

El Capitano Gatisto
07-16-2004, 05:02 PM
I'm not talking about gay American DVD rental websites. Has anyone used this one?

tucsonspeed6
07-16-2004, 06:49 PM
I'm not talking about gay American DVD rental websites. Has anyone used this one?

That's funny....they're gay American websites, but this site you're talking about is just a ripoff of them. HA! *ninja chop!*