PDA

View Full Version : That Jeopardy guy...

jindrak
07-16-2004, 10:17 PM
I think he has a consequetive-day winning streak of over a month. I do know that he has garnered over $1 million in winnings, and has set all kinds of Jeopardy records. :eek:

I was was flipping though channels today and stopped to see just who this genious was. His name is Ken, and he doesn't just win, but he dominates the game. Today, at the mid-way point, he had $12,000 while the second place person had $1,400.

Needless to say, I was amazed. Jeopardy is on everyday, and he has stayed on for over a month! Personally, I think he adds a lot of interest to the show. No one has been able to beat him (or come closer for that matter), hence, intrigue is added as whether or not he will ever lose.

Ken=ratings.

BCWWF
07-16-2004, 10:26 PM
They used to have a limit on consecutive days, but he is pretty good, he made sportscenter

jindrak
07-16-2004, 10:35 PM
They used to have a limit on consecutive days, but he is pretty good, he made sportscenter

I just don't see this guy losing anytime soon. He literally dominates the game a la Jordan (in his prime) in the NBA. The pulling of the consecutive days clause only helps this guy, meaning he will garner more fame and celebrity, along with more money.

DS
07-16-2004, 10:56 PM
They are giving him the wins to boost the ratings.

<font color=black>Just kidding...I bet they are though</font>

road doggy dogg
07-16-2004, 10:58 PM
Yeah Ken is pretty insane. The guy knows like everything. He's been on for 31 or 32 days now, crazy. He came close to almost sort of losing in Final Jeopardy the other day ("close" meaning he only bet $300 because if he bet more and lost and the 2nd place person bet all and won, he would've lost)

YOUR Hero
07-17-2004, 02:00 AM
There was a scandal on the show called 21 Thousand dollar question many moons ago about an unbeatable champ who was actually being coached on answers. I very much doubt it's the case with this guy, but ala Jeopardy, I thought I'd add that interesting, yet useless piece of info.

Boomer
07-17-2004, 02:08 AM
My teacher was on Jeopardy in April. I doubt it is rigged.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-17-2004, 02:19 AM
I'm waiting for categories like " THings Ken doesn't know." With questions like "What is player number three's wife's name?

YOUR Hero
07-17-2004, 02:22 AM
I'm waiting for categories like " THings Ken doesn't know." With questions like "What is player number three's wife's name?:lol:

DS
07-17-2004, 03:02 AM
He'd end up getting it right because he had an affair with her the night before. He will leave, yet again, as champ.

Ninti the Mad
07-19-2004, 08:55 AM
They are giving him the wins to boost the ratings.

<font color=black>Just kidding...I bet they are though</font>

road doggy dogg
07-19-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm waiting for categories like " THings Ken doesn't know." With questions like "What is player number three's wife's name?

:rofl:

Oxstar
07-19-2004, 01:25 PM
That sounds cool, it's a shame they don't show it in England, well I don't think they do.

Gonzo
07-19-2004, 01:34 PM
He won Thurs. or Fri. I don't know what day I passed by it, but yeah he has won over a million and he probably is still on the show. It is on around 7 EST around here.

loopydate
07-19-2004, 01:36 PM
*Light comes on*

ALEX: Ken?
KEN: What is Angela?
ALEX: Son of a bitch!

jindrak
07-20-2004, 12:20 AM
I was reading the New York Post, which reported that the ratings for Jeopardy have increased 36% from the time Ken Jennings started the show. Furthermore, Jeopardy is currently the top rated syndicated show, which is a feat that hasn't been accomplished by the show in years.

Gonzo
07-20-2004, 12:32 AM
I can see that happening. Everyone is watching to see him go on, but wants him to secretly go down. That is how everyone feels and I know this, because I indeed feel it too. Nobody wants to see that guy rape Jeapordy for years and ruin it for all the other semi-smart people who go on that show.

jindrak
07-20-2004, 12:51 AM
I can see that happening. Everyone is watching to see him go on, but wants him to secretly go down. That is how everyone feels and I know this, because I indeed feel it too. Nobody wants to see that guy rape Jeapordy for years and ruin it for all the other semi-smart people who go on that show.

The show is getting higher ratings and it is all because of publicity Ken Jennings is getting.

I heard about his accomplishment on some Extra TV story. I was flipping through the channels one day and Jeopardy was on, so I decided to see check out the hype. This was the first time in years that I watched an entire Jeopardy show. Needless to say, the guy is getting people to watch the show.

Overall, I think its just the intrigue of how long he can continue his reign. Whether people want to see him continue or get ousted remains to be seen.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-20-2004, 01:36 AM
He's like the Goldberg of Jeopardy. Everyone is going to tune in because they want to be watching when he finally loses.

Lara Emily
07-20-2004, 01:49 AM
He's like the Goldberg of Jeopardy. Everyone is going to tune in because they want to be watching when he finally loses.
Yeah and Scott Hall will probably cost Ken the win with a taser :D.

Funky Fly
07-20-2004, 02:02 AM
Alex Trebek: "And now in our Final Jeopardy: This man is currebt king of Latveria"

Ken Jenning: "Who is Victor Von *taser* Doohfgalkjfgahg?"

Trebek: "I'm sorry, the correct answer was 'Who is Victor Von Doom?'"

What Would Kevin Do?
07-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Alex Trebek: Now for Final Jeopardy. The category is "Trees."

*Commercial.*

Alex Trebek: The category is trees. The question. " If I was a tree, what kind of tree would I be."

Alex: It seem Ken has written pine tree. I'm sorry Ken, but the correct answer was "One of those trees with the spiky needles...

Ken: That's a pine tree...

Alex: Shit....
Al

The Miz
07-20-2004, 01:56 PM
the thing that's great about these jeopardy parodies is that they get funnier with each one

Vega
07-20-2004, 03:27 PM
I don't doubt they will have a "Things Ken doesn't know" category after he is off the show, and use some of the questions he missed.

The One
07-20-2004, 05:34 PM
I don't think he is going to job cleanly, I think Vince McMahon will sit at the time table and say the show is over as soon as someone other then Ken gets the lead :shifty:

jindrak
07-21-2004, 01:16 AM
the thing that's great about these jeopardy parodies is that they get funnier with each one

The SNL Jeopardy skits are still funny to watch. :lol:

LMAO thinking about the SNL skits where the guy impersonating Sean Connery tries his best to piss off Alex Trebeck (Will Ferrel).

el fregadero
07-21-2004, 03:17 AM
I guessed you didn't get what the Miz was trying to say there, jindrak.

AlphaBean
07-21-2004, 04:19 AM
WTF? jindrak NEVER misses the point.

And Ken is a genius. And a geek.

And a mormon... which is the worst of all. :nono: