PDA

View Full Version : Are they joking?

Xero
07-20-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm sitting here watching Romeo on Nickeloden (God I seriously wish something was on) and it's on "Teen Nick"... Are they shitting me? Do teens seriously watch and enjoy this shit? I'm 16, and I dont think I would like this, or really any show on "Teen Nick", even if I was in the 10-13 age group... Maybe I'm diffrent, and maybe I have other tastes, after all, I'm a huge SpongeBob, Full House, and Courage the Cowardly Dog fan, but I wouldnt want to watch this shit if you paid me...

This also goes for the current version of All That (I liked the orignal), and ESPECIALLY the Amanda Show...

If anyone gets offended by this cause they like these shows, well, sorry, but it's how I feel...

DaveWadding
07-20-2004, 09:50 PM
they are just trying to make the "tween" (age 9-13) crowd feel more grown up.

ilt_undertaker
07-20-2004, 11:17 PM
The only things I watch on Nick are The Fairly OddParents and Romeo. And Kenan/Kel when they play it.

DegenerationY
07-21-2004, 12:28 AM
I didn't like that shit when I was a "tween"

Hilariously unfunny.

asphyXy
07-21-2004, 12:31 AM
<font color=969696>Rocko's Modern Life was the last show on Nickelodeon I watched.

It's better now than it was back then.</font>

jindrak
07-21-2004, 12:39 AM
How anyone can enjoy watching Spongebob is beyond me. Personally, I think that is the most retarded show Nick has come ever up with. Why the fuck do people watch that shit?!

1) Holding onto your audience- Nick has aggressively tried to market to the tween/teen audience for the past few years now. In their minds, they realize that the 6-12 y/o demographic have more mature taste now, which is why they are trying to cater to them.

2) Bringing in a new audience- People who might have otherwise watched Nick might do so if properly marketed. Romeo had a number 1 single at the age of 13, so needless to say, he is popular. A Romeo TV show adds interest, thus causing people to watch.

3) They have flexibility- Nick has launched Nogin and Nick2, so they can expand their programming options. If "Teen Nick" is a bust, they can move it around to their other stations. Right now, "Teen Nick" is an experiment by the networks to see whether a tween/teen audience would respond to such programming.

IMO-
I grew up with shows like Doug :love:, Hey Arnold (when it was actually watchable), Alex Mack, Ahh! Real Monsters, Rocco's Modern Life, Wild and Crazy Kids, Keenan and Kel, Are you Afraid of the Dark?, and other quality shows.

Shows like Spongebob are ridiculousy stupid. In comparision, the old school shows kicked ass. Whatever the fuck they put on now is crap. Maybe its because I got older, or kids today are dumber, but the quality of the shows has deteriorated. At least shows like Doug portrayed a person that almost all kids can relate to. It had a personal message, and told a remarkable stories.

To be fair, Nick does have a separate network for the old-school shows. However, kids today aren't being exposed to great television I watched as a kid. In all honestly, wtf is the point of Spongebob?! Furthermore, "All That" (the new ones) and "the Amanda Show" are stupidly unfunny. At least the "Teen Nick" shows are somewhat 'real' to the tween/teen audience. I applaud their efforts for shows like "As Told By Ginger", "Rugrats All Grown Up", "Josh and Drake", and especially "Nick News".

I should point out that Nick started "Teen Nick" in response to the Disney Channels efforts towards marketing TV programs more palatable for the tween/teen audience (i.e Even Stevens, Lizze McGuire, and their monthly TV movies). In that sense, "Teen Nick" is just vying for a competitive share of the teenage market...most likely the flavor of the week.

Damn, I really hope I didn't type all that for naught. :nono:

Requiem
07-21-2004, 12:41 AM
A new low for jindrak! An article about a children's network! :rofl:

jindrak
07-21-2004, 12:47 AM
I should point out that Nick started "Teen Nick" in response to the Disney Channels efforts towards marketing TV programs more palatable for the tween/teen audience (i.e Even Stevens, Lizze McGuire, and their monthly TV movies).

el fregadero
07-21-2004, 02:53 AM
Keenan and Kel is great. Sponge Bob is great. Rocko was great. Pete and Pete was great. All That was great.

Nickelodeon has had some marvelous shows, they just don't show most of them anymore.

Xero
07-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Josh and Drake is another one of the shows that fall into the dumbass unfunny shows IMO... Really, almost all live action shows on Nick now SUCK... Including Keenan and Kel (Although I did find it funny early, but after a while, the show gets stale)... Round House was great, but I havent seen it in ages, and I dunno if I'd still like it... Live action works maybe 10-20% of the time for Nick, and right now it isnt working...

SpongeBob is really a stupid show, but that's what makes it appeal to people I think... SpongeBob is nothing more than the Rocco (It was pretty stupid if you ask me, but I liked it) of today, with tweaks to reach out to (mainly) today's youth... Although I know of middle aged SpongeBob fans, so they must be doing SOMETHING right...

As a side note, Nick at Nite kicks major ass...

Champion of Europa
07-21-2004, 05:39 PM
I only watch Fairly Oddparents on there anymore, because it is actually funny.

James Steele
07-21-2004, 06:25 PM
They just need to make a network with all their old shows from the 90's. Those show kicked major ass.

The bullshit on today is just annoying when your helping your girlfriend babysit and there is some 8 y.o. watching some punk ass rapper go through life as hilarity ensues :wtf:

Anyway, have a Nick At Nite for people for the 16-30 y.o. demographic. I miss "Welcome Freshman", "Salute Your Shorts", "Rocko's Modern Life" (which was the shit btw),and reruns of the original "All That", and crap that was ACTUALLY FUNNY. Farting is not really funny. Unless it is timed with someone tripping and falling into a pie..... :shifty:

Bo
07-21-2004, 08:04 PM
Remeber "Hey Dude" the western show?

loopydate
07-21-2004, 10:14 PM
They just need to make a network with all their old shows from the 90's. Those show kicked major ass.
They do...sort of.

Nick GAS plays Double Dare, Guts, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Nick Arcade, Finders Keepers, that one with Mike O'Malley where they had the big video wall, and a bunch of the old Nickelodeon game shows.

It's only the game shows, though. No Hey Dude or Salute Your Shorts or Clarissa Explains It All.

Ah, well. I'll take what I can get.

James Steele
07-22-2004, 03:42 AM
Our cable company sucks.

They only have TV Land and the old movie channels (AMC, TCM) when it comes to old stuff. :rant: Does Nick still own TV Land?

el fregadero
07-22-2004, 04:14 AM

The bullshit on today is just annoying when your helping your girlfriend babysit and there is some 8 y.o. watching some punk ass rapper go through life as hilarity ensues :wtf:

Anyway, have a Nick At Nite for people for the 16-30 y.o. demographic. I miss "Welcome Freshman", "Salute Your Shorts", "Rocko's Modern Life" (which was the shit btw),and reruns of the original "All That", and crap that was ACTUALLY FUNNY. Farting is not really funny. Unless it is timed with someone tripping and falling into a pie..... :shifty:
That might be the greatest idea for a channel ever.

DaveWadding
07-22-2004, 05:50 AM
They gave out an award at their awards show for "Best Fart"

LOL, I can't stop laughing at the thought of how prestegious that award has to be...

jindrak
07-22-2004, 10:26 PM
They gave out an award at their awards show for "Best Fart"

LOL, I can't stop laughing at the thought of how prestegious that award has to be...

:|

Gonzo
07-22-2004, 10:27 PM
God ol' Rocko. Hey asph, remember the episode when Rocko was looking for a parking spot and Heffer got a random nosebleed from the high elevation. Tears.

Savio
07-22-2004, 11:11 PM
I only watch Fairly Oddparents on there anymore, because it is actually funny.
Yeah I closet watch it when its on.

Spedizzo
07-23-2004, 01:44 AM
How anyone can enjoy watching Spongebob is beyond me. Personally, I think that is the most retarded show Nick has come ever up with. Why the fuck do people watch that shit?!

1) Holding onto your audience- Nick has aggressively tried to market to the tween/teen audience for the past few years now. In their minds, they realize that the 6-12 y/o demographic have more mature taste now, which is why they are trying to cater to them.

2) Bringing in a new audience- People who might have otherwise watched Nick might do so if properly marketed. Romeo had a number 1 single at the age of 13, so needless to say, he is popular. A Romeo TV show adds interest, thus causing people to watch.

3) They have flexibility- Nick has launched Nogin and Nick2, so they can expand their programming options. If "Teen Nick" is a bust, they can move it around to their other stations. Right now, "Teen Nick" is an experiment by the networks to see whether a tween/teen audience would respond to such programming.

IMO-
I grew up with shows like Doug :love:, Hey Arnold (when it was actually watchable), Alex Mack, Ahh! Real Monsters, Rocco's Modern Life, Wild and Crazy Kids, Keenan and Kel, Are you Afraid of the Dark?, and other quality shows.

Shows like Spongebob are ridiculousy stupid. In comparision, the old school shows kicked ass. Whatever the fuck they put on now is crap. Maybe its because I got older, or kids today are dumber, but the quality of the shows has deteriorated. At least shows like Doug portrayed a person that almost all kids can relate to. It had a personal message, and told a remarkable stories.

To be fair, Nick does have a separate network for the old-school shows. However, kids today aren't being exposed to great television I watched as a kid. In all honestly, wtf is the point of Spongebob?! Furthermore, "All That" (the new ones) and "the Amanda Show" are stupidly unfunny. At least the "Teen Nick" shows are somewhat 'real' to the tween/teen audience. I applaud their efforts for shows like "As Told By Ginger", "Rugrats All Grown Up", "Josh and Drake", and especially "Nick News".

I should point out that Nick started "Teen Nick" in response to the Disney Channels efforts towards marketing TV programs more palatable for the tween/teen audience (i.e Even Stevens, Lizze McGuire, and their monthly TV movies). In that sense, "Teen Nick" is just vying for a competitive share of the teenage market...most likely the flavor of the week.

Damn, I really hope I didn't type all that for naught. :nono:

What is this Nick 2? I have digital cable and I get a show with old Nick sports shows (Nick Arcade, Guts) and a Nicktoon station that shows old nicktoons.

When is this Nick 2 to come out?

I stopped watching Nick when SNICK turned into the Nick Cannon show. They also had music videos on Nick, what the fuck? It was horrible. Obviously they are not capable of producing new, good, shows.

Bring back:
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Hey Dude
Salute Your Shorts
The Adventures Of Pete and Pete
Legends Of The Hidden Temple
What Would You Do?
That show with the black family, two brothers, the older brother had a friend named Goo? He wanted to fuck the older brother's sister all the time.

Once Spongebob fades away, Nick will die

They already tarnished the Rugrats with having them all grown up, what the fuck was the point of that?

James Steele
07-23-2004, 03:12 AM
Speedizzo, its real simple actaually:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ace Blizz
07-27-2004, 01:22 AM
Speedizzo that show was called My Brother And Me and I loved it. Nick is in the words of pimps "slackin in its mackin". Im just real surprised they havent jumped into this 'reality show' frenzy.

Team Sheep
07-30-2004, 09:31 AM
I've got crappy Nick, Nick Replay and Nick toons. :-\