PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers for Smackdown on Thursday

Splaya
07-21-2004, 01:32 AM
Dark Match:

John Heidenreich (w/ Paul Heyman) d. Shannon Moore.

Velocity:

Johnny Stamboli d. Danny Basham

Hardcore Holly d. Akio

Rob Van Dam d. Rene Dupree via five star frog splash.

Smackdown:

Kurt Angle makes his way out to the ring accompanied by Luther Reigns and explains his actions last week saying he had to do whatever he could to make sure Eddie did not win the title. Angle demands that Eddie Guerrero apoligizes for ever winning the title tonight or else he is fired. He then confronts Tony Chimel and reminds him that he announced Eddie as the new WWE Champion when he won the title and demands that he apoligizes as well, or else. Angle ends up firing him anyways. It is then announced that Josh Matthews is the new Smackdown ring announcer.

Spike Dudley defeated Chavo Guerrero and Jamie Noble by pinfall after he hit Chavo with the Dudley Dog to become the number one contender for the Cruiserweight title.

The divas confront Angle backstage and complain about not being used so Angle announces a fatal four way lingerie match with Dawn Marie vs. Sable vs. Torrie Wilson vs. Miss Jackie.

A promo with the Dudleys is shown (during the 'commercial break') in which they discuss their time in "Extremely Crappy Wrestling", getting major heat from the Philadelphia crowd.

Bubba Ray Dudley defeated Billy Kidman.

Funaki interviews Booker T and Kurt Angle backstage. Angle tells Booker T that he will be naming him the new United States champion next week, once he clears it with the Board of Directors. Funaki says that isn't fair so Angle fires him for not being able to speak English properly.

The Dudleys congratulate Spike for his win and point out that they all have title shots next week. Spike blows them off and says he wants nothing to do with them. They promise that they would not interfere in his title match next week, as long as Spike does not interfere in D-Von's match against Rey Mysterio tonight. Spike agrees and walks off.

WWE Champion John Layfield comes out and announces that since he is in Philadelphia, where the Rocky movies were filmed, he is issuing a "Rocky Challenge" to anyone to try and defeat him, and if they did, they would receive a title shot at SummerSlam. This prompts Mike Kruel (USA Pro/ECWA wrestler) to accept.

John Layfield defeated Mike Kruel in a squash.

Layfield then says that it looks like he doesn't have to defend the title at SummerSlam. The lights are cut and the gong hits. Undertaker comes out and a battle ensues. He lays out JBL with a chokeslam and grabs the mic proclaiming it would be him and JBL at SummerSlam. Undertaker exits.

Sable vs. Dawn Marie vs. Torrie Wilson vs. Miss Jackie. Kurt Angle comes out before the match can begin and fires everyone of them.

Rey Mysterio defeated D-Von Dudley. Bubba Ray attempted to interfere but was stopped by Paul London and Billy Kidman.

John Cena defeated Luther Reigns via pinfall after Bokker T tried to interfere on Luther's behalf but ended up costing him the match.

Kurt Angle comes out to the ring and calls out Eddie Guerrero and demands his apology. Vince McMahon's music hits and out comes the owner of the WWE. McMahon tells Angle that he lied to all of his fans about his injury, but more importantly, he lied to Vince McMahon. Vince says that he was going to receive a humanitarian award for making a handicapped person a general manager, but now that won't happen because Angle lied. He then fires Angle as the GM of Smackdown, but announces that he is officially back on the active roster. Vince McMahon then announces that at SummerSlam, it will be Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero. Eddie comes out in his low-rider and McMahon gets in it with him and makes it bounce.

Eddie leaves and McMahon gets back in the ring. he then demands that Angle apologize to every single person that he fired tonight. Angle apologized to both Funaki and Tony Chimel but refused to apologize to the divas. Vince said that he would then have to join a special "kiss my ass club" and kiss the divas' ass'. Angle refused but said he would kiss Vince's ass. Vicne said his ass was too special for Angle to kiss. McMahon then gave Angle ten seconds to chose to kiss the Divas' ass' or to apologize to them. He chose to apologize. Then he told Angle to apologize to him. Angle got onto his knees but he instead gave McMahon a low blow and high tailed it out of there as everyone checked on McMahon.

Credit: Mike Johnson @ PWInsider.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

K I like the fact that Spike is getting a cruiserweight title shot. I also am now beginning to like the fact that JBL and Taker at SS for the title because it will force the title off JBL and onto Taker.

Angle vs Eddie at SS: :drool:
Taker vs JBL at SS :o

Vince on SD: :yes:

Azriel
07-21-2004, 01:41 AM
Sounds very watchable.

Marc the Smark
07-21-2004, 01:43 AM
DAMN! Every week, I promise myself that I won't read the spoilers. Then I do, and I'm not disappointed (because it's nothing good anyway). Well this time I read them and I'm pissed at myself. Seeing Vince back would have been so much better if I had not read the spoilers! :mad:

AareDub
07-21-2004, 01:46 AM
lol @ Shannon Moore in a dark match. I think I completely forgot that he even existed.

RGWhat316
07-21-2004, 01:48 AM
I'm actually more of a RAW fan, but by these spoilers, they blow RAW right out of the water this week. This is the kind of ending I would mark out for. A surprise entrance by Vince, and acting as a face. And with Taker appearing this week to start up the Title program, I guess he forgave Heyman? Or is this supposed to continue in the future?

RemyRed
07-21-2004, 01:51 AM
Shannon Moore....damn what a waste of good talent :nono:

Shaggy
07-21-2004, 01:55 AM
Let me see if I understand that thing properly.

Angle would of rather kissed Vinces ass than the Divas :wtf:

Damn that just scares me.

ColdwaVer
07-21-2004, 02:16 AM
Face Vince = :y:
Spike getting a tag title shot = odd, but it might be good
Dudleyz being not entirely heelish = :wtf:
Getting a new SD GM = :y: ...it'll probably be Stephanie now that Vince is acting face-like, though we better get an explanation

KingofOldSchool
07-21-2004, 02:20 AM
KNowing the WWE, Vince will turn heel at Summerslam in a "big swerve."

El Santo
07-21-2004, 02:21 AM
This Smackdown actually sounds pretty enjoyable!

And... what, is Kurt gay or something? He'll kiss Vince's ass before he kisses a diva's ass? :lol:

Thriller
07-21-2004, 02:25 AM
This Smackdown actually sounds pretty enjoyable!

And... what, is Kurt gay or something? He'll kiss Vince's ass before he kisses a diva's ass? :lol:
He probabally chosse to kiss Vince's ass so he could low blow him.

Fryza
07-21-2004, 02:43 AM
Not liking the whole Taker/JBL thing. If Taker gets the title, then basically he's going to squash everyone from there out..

Dave Youell
07-21-2004, 03:50 AM
KNowing the WWE, Vince will turn heel at Summerslam in a "big swerve."
Dammit this is a smackown spoiler thread, not a summerslam spoiler thread! :mad:

Sephiroth
07-21-2004, 04:44 AM
Not liking the whole Taker/JBL thing. If Taker gets the title, then basically he's going to squash everyone from there out..

True, the match Angle vs Eddie at SS is cool but, Taker/JBL :| Meh...if Taker wins the title Eddie won't get it back...ever. :'(

Tornado
07-21-2004, 06:24 AM
Taker and JBL at Summerslam...whoopee...:|

Londoner
07-21-2004, 07:59 AM
Let me see if I understand that thing properly.

Angle would of rather kissed Vinces ass than the Divas :wtf:

Damn that just scares me.

My thoughts exactly :y:

HankScorpio
07-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Holy Toledo!

SmackDown sounds like its going to be frickin awesome this week.

SummerSlam is shaping up aswell

The Mackem
07-21-2004, 09:09 AM
Yeah I agree Smackdown is sounding good. In fact it sounds better each week. I like the fact that Vince made appearance as it gives Smackdown added star power. The way I was reading the spoilers (on the main site), you could just tell Angle was going to get his somehow, wasn't sure if it would be this show or in the future.

"humanitarian award" + Vince = :lol:

I guess the rumours of the end of "Mr McMahon" are true.

Anyone noticing how Velocity seems to be getting decent main events nowadays?

LK
07-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Guerrero vs Angle = :y:
Sounds like a good Smackdown this week.

The CyNick
07-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Sounds good, BTW someone said Spike's getting a tag title shot, I believe its a CW title shot, while Bubba and D-Von get a tag title shot next week, I smell a heel turn by Spike. Which will lead to a 6 man tag at Summerslam Dudleys vs London/Kidman/Rey.

Splaya
07-21-2004, 04:40 PM

We will just think of him as the Triple H of Smackdown. :shifty:

.44 Magdalene
07-21-2004, 05:04 PM
We will just think of him as the Triple H of Smackdown. :shifty:

What's going to happen if Vince suddenly DOES do away with the brand split? :eek: Undertaker squashes all, but HHH jobs to none. It'll be like an unstoppable force against an immovable object. Who will be the unified world champ?! Will they have to fuse, into somekind of Huntertaker who does a Tombstone Pedigree and claims to be the rest of the game in pieces?! THE INSANITY. THE INSANITYYYYYYYYYY.

ColdwaVer
07-21-2004, 08:15 PM

Ok, when has Taker ever "squashed everyone from there out" during a title run?

Fryza
07-21-2004, 10:49 PM
Ok, when has Taker ever "squashed everyone from there out" during a title run?

Well, when has an undefeatable Deadman got a title shot?

From what I know, they are wanting the gimmick where Taker doesn't job to anyone, so if they keep that, they'll probably leave the gimmick on him for a bit longer than he needs it.

:-\

mrslackalack
07-21-2004, 11:09 PM
Its a Shame burying RVD and Rene Dupree on Velocity even though Smackdowns improving

The CyNick
07-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Its a Shame burying RVD and Rene Dupree on Velocity even though Smackdowns improving

I think its a case where the SD spots on Summerslam seem to be taken, and they dont involve RVD or Dupree, so why not let them work on Velocity to give that show something worth watching.

Hopefully they come up with something for RVD for the Sept PPV. Maybe grab the winner of the BT-Cena match.

Danny Electric
07-22-2004, 12:12 AM
Taker against one of his accolytes. :wtf:

ColdwaVer
07-22-2004, 12:44 AM
Taker against one of his accolytes. :wtf:

When you put it that way = :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Maybe Farooq will come back in Taker's corner...

Danny Electric
07-22-2004, 12:56 AM
When you put it that way = :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Maybe Farooq will come back in Taker's corner...

Or maybe Big Vis and Mr Knight. :(

ColdwaVer
07-22-2004, 01:05 AM

Well sh</>it they keep talking about a Ministry return, maybe Summerslam will be it. The whole Ministry will show up to support Taker, and at the end they'll do that sacrifice/convert thing to JBL.

Or maybe not.

Splaya
07-22-2004, 01:08 AM

If Viscera comes back, then Jim VWO is going to need a towel :o

Splaya
07-22-2004, 01:08 AM
Well sh</>it they keep talking about a Ministry return, maybe Summerslam will be it. The whole Ministry will show up to support Taker, and at the end they'll do that sacrifice/convert thing to JBL.

Or maybe not.

Mark the fuck out moment if it happens

BLaZeR-
07-22-2004, 01:11 AM
Sounds like a pretty decent Smackdown for once, I'm all for seeing Vince getting some kind of pain inflicted on him whether scripted or not.

Danny Electric
07-22-2004, 01:18 AM
Well if the Ministry did reform, it would be the return of the ugliest group of men ever.