PDA

View Full Version : Latest On Plans For ECW Return, Bret Hart News

Joe Kerr
07-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Bret Hart was recently on the WrestlingObserver radio show and stated that even though wrestlers claim the best in recent history are Hart, HBK, and Flair, Flair is considered to be a legend due to a misconception of his wrestling. Hart went onto claim that Flair couldn't lace the boots of Curt Hennig or Dynamite Kid.

Tommy Dreamer became yet another WWE wrestler to turn down rumors of an ECW return in the public media. However, unlike others, he claimed that as much as ECW revolutionized wrestling, a return would fail on the modern scene. On Byte This, he also informed fans that he is working on a book based around ECW

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/index.php?id=headlines/92391278

KingofOldSchool
07-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Yeah well Bret Hart couldn't lace Ric Flair's boots.

Zen v.W.o.
07-21-2004, 02:04 PM

Flair can't even sniff Bret's jock strap on his best day.

Ian
07-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Flair is considered to be a legend due to a misconception of his wrestling.

Can someone please tell me what that means exactly.

Rob
07-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah well Bret Hart couldn't lace Ric Flair's boots.

Flair is so stupid he probably has velcro boots.

Corkscrewed
07-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Can someone please tell me what that means exactly.

People have a misconception that Flair was a great wrestler, when really it was all showmanship. He couldn't really wrestle, like the way Benoit or Angle or Bret WRESTLED.

That's Hart's opinion anyway.

loopydate
07-21-2004, 02:53 PM
So, the "Latest On Plans For ECW Return" is

Tommy Dreamer became yet another WWE wrestler to turn down rumors of an ECW return in the public media. However, unlike others, he claimed that as much as ECW revolutionized wrestling, a return would fail on the modern scene.
Honestly, you'd think Joey was getting paid by the hit or something with bullshit headlines like that.

Ian
07-21-2004, 03:05 PM
People have a misconception that Flair was a great wrestler, when really it was all showmanship. He couldn't really wrestle, like the way Benoit or Angle or Bret WRESTLED.

Oh right. Cheers.

Rob
07-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Honestly, you'd think Joey was getting paid by the hit or something with bullshit headlines like that.

Hey! When I'm looking for news from 3 weeks ago, he is the man I look up.

The One
07-21-2004, 03:13 PM
I am just curious....why don't you ever comment on these posts you make Mr. Radd? I mean we all (or at least most of us) check the main page of either here, Rajah, or the Observer, so why don't you just post your thoughts on it instrad of repost the same things we read earlier?

Heyman
07-21-2004, 03:46 PM

Ric Flair is about the same as William Regal in terms of ability......maybe even slightly less.

The One
07-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Ric Flair is about the same as William Regal in terms of ability......maybe even slightly less.

Are you Besmirching Mr. Regal!

Joe Kerr
07-21-2004, 04:39 PM
I am just curious....why don't you ever comment on these posts you make Mr. Radd? I mean we all (or at least most of us) check the main page of either here, Rajah, or the Observer, so why don't you just post your thoughts on it instrad of repost the same things we read earlier?

By comment do you mean why dont I ever spam up my own threads? Why your doing a good enough job for me.

Corkscrewed
07-21-2004, 04:41 PM
I guess you'll stick to spamming the board, rather than the thread, eh? ;)

The One
07-21-2004, 04:50 PM
How is posting opinions on the topic at hand spamming? I am spamming right now, in a sense, to extract information. You see we don't need you to post these articals....that isn't what a forum is for. A forum is for discussing thoughts and ideas, not passing along the rumors of others. We can find those on our own. So my question is, if you are going to post these articals and "newsflashes" why not complete the objective of a forum and let us know what you think about it.

mrslackalack
07-21-2004, 10:48 PM
I wonder if Dreamer would have planned the Ric Flair ''Post Show Tribute'' After Flair put down ECW bad in his book

OpusCroakus1
07-22-2004, 05:34 AM
Well..... here's my personal opinion on this one....

Bret Hart was great.

Ric Flair was great.

Dynamite Kid was great.

Curt Henning was great.

Once again, those are just my humble opinions. :)

Rock Bottom
07-22-2004, 05:40 AM
HEY GUYS. REMEMBER WHEN THE ROCK GOT ALL THE WWE WRESTLERS TOGHETHER. HE SAID IF VINCE DIDN'T REINSTATE MICK FOLEY HE'D GET ALL THE GUYS TO GO JOIN THE "WORLD ROCK FEDERATION." UM I THINK HE WAS SERIOUS GUYS. MORE ON THIS AS IT DEVELOPS.

#1-norm-fan
07-22-2004, 07:46 AM
Steamboat > Flair

Funky Fly
07-22-2004, 03:04 PM
HEY GUYS. REMEMBER WHEN THE ROCK GOT ALL THE WWE WRESTLERS TOGHETHER. HE SAID IF VINCE DIDN'T REINSTATE MICK FOLEY HE'D GET ALL THE GUYS TO GO JOIN THE "WORLD ROCK FEDERATION." UM I THINK HE WAS SERIOUS GUYS. MORE ON THIS AS IT DEVELOPS.
OMG, sources! :mad:

Wildcat789
07-22-2004, 05:17 PM
Steamboat > Flair

Abso - friggin - lutely

Rock Bottom
07-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Ric Flair is one of the greatest ever, he carried a company practically on his back, which is no offense, not something I think Hart or Steamboat could do. People knocking Flair for saying stupid shit is one thing, but you're just kind of ignorant if you ignore how much he drew just because he's saying disrespectful, stupid shit about Hart and Foley.

Zen v.W.o.
07-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Flair is actually over-rated as a draw. Look at nwa. WWF was killing it. Then early wcw, flair was around but it was floundering. It picked up when Hogan arrived on the scene. Flair was never one of the main draws. It took a team as a whole to draw. So to bash Bret for not drawing is idiotic because there are only a few in america who draw very well on their own, Hogan and Austin come to mind.

Secondly, Bret back in his wwf days was a huge worldwide draw. He was the man they focused their promotions on when going over-seas. In canada there was no bigger draw. Bret had to go through the process of carrying a company that was going through it's hard times, along with Taker and HBK. Without them, the wwf would have been in the shitter a long time ago.

So I don't get Flairs utter lack of respect or the fact he came off as senile and ignorant to some pretty well knows facts here.

John la Rock
07-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Flair's a moron

KayfabeMan
07-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Cheeseburger > Steamboat

#1-norm-fan
07-23-2004, 02:23 AM
No, I do think Flair is atleast in the top 10 of all time. Steamboat was the man though and the fact that he is all but forgotten by most wrestling fans annoys me. I actually enjoyed watching him more than Flair. That includes on the mic.