PDA

View Full Version : Undertaker as WWE CHAMP = MONEY

Shawn Mega
07-21-2004, 12:35 PM
As much as I love JBL and his gimmick,I think Undertaker as WWE champ is the best thing to do not only for Smackdown but for the whole WWE.

Who is the most popular wrestler in the WWE? Undertaker, fans like Cena and Eugene alot but nobody consider them World Champion material. Eugene been in the WWE for only a couple of months old and Cena just won his first title in March. The only people in the WWE I consider on Taker level is HHH and HBK. All three guys are legends and still can go.Flair is just too old now.Angle is not on their level and he is injury prone.

Putting the belt back on Eddie soon is a bad idea. Eddie has run out of steam. Hopefully,Angle will bring some intensity back to Eddie.

You can't put the belt on Angle,he get injured too much.

JBL is fine but not on Taker level. I think JBL character is one the best I've seen in years. He play the heel role perfect.

It's too early for Cena to be champion. His gimmick is over but he's not WWE champion material.

Big Show has always been a boring champion.

Putting the belt back on Taker helps Smackdown out alot. If Taker is the champ with Benoit as champion at the same time,who would WWE promote the most? Taker and that would benefit Smackdown more. You know who is the top face in the Benoit/HHH fued,Eugene. Taker can never be outshine like that. Really, without HHH and HBK, Benoit would not even be mention.

Taker as champ means he will be on the tv show and house shows more. Many people stated that Taker is the only reason why they watch Smackdown.

I'm not saying the ratings and ppv numbers will be great,only Rock,Hogan,Austin,Foley and special matches can do miracle numbers. The house shows numbers will improve and merchandise sells will too.

Taker got 2 or 3 good years left in him,they need to make the most out of this.Other guys like Eddie and Cena have many years left.

HankScorpio
07-21-2004, 12:39 PM
^^
I don't know whether to laugh or cry

Joe Kerr
07-21-2004, 12:43 PM
I always see taker (Gimmick wise) as a man who just goes around destroying people not really caring about the belt, just inflicting pain on whoever he feels neccesary. However it looks like Angle/Geurrero at summerslam so whom else can JBL defend his title against?(using WWE logic)

Eternalone79
07-21-2004, 12:44 PM
I think it would be a wise move too. Actually I am a huge fan of UT and would LOVE to see him as the champ again...hell I will probably get a lot of neg reps for admiting it-everytime I speak it happens...but please let UT have 1 more title run

Sephiroth
07-21-2004, 12:46 PM
This thread makes me wanna kill people.

Kane Knight
07-21-2004, 12:54 PM
Sad. :nono:

Tornado
07-21-2004, 12:58 PM
When I first looked at this topic on the forums index, I though it said Undertaker as WWE Chimp....:o

The CyNick
07-21-2004, 01:07 PM
I can see a scenario where I could see Taker winning the title being very beneficial to the WWE. That is to say if he were to JOB the title down the road SurvSer/Rumble time to Angle and do it totally clean by tapping out to the Ankle Lock. That would make Angle look like a kick ass killer champion and make the person who beats him (Cena or Eddie) seem like a real champion.

If that doesn't happen, why bother? Taker has had many runs with the title and none of them have been memorable. He cant work as well as guys like Eddie and Angle, so he wont be carrying any guys like Bradshaw to good matches.

I dont think it matters who is the champ on SD compared to RAW because regardless, HHH will ALWAYS get pushed above everyone else.

I'm not toally against another run for Taker, I dont think it would kill the product or anything (mind you I dont think it will help either). But at the same time, I think it might be a decent idea to just keep it on Bradshaw and see how that goes.

Oxstar
07-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Shawn mega said he loves JBL and his gimmick:nono:

Mayo
07-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Eddie has not run out of steam. He's still a great champ and his new feud with Angle will provide the wrestling community with some great matches. Angle has had it out for Eddie since he lost to Eddie (when he cheated to win by untying his boot), and he's been trying to make life a living hell for Mr. Guerrero. If Eddie gets the win (which I'm hoping for), then he can easily compete for the title against whoever has it after Summerslam.

As CyNick said, I don't really see a point in Taker having the title because the fans will still cheer him, and he is more intent on killing guys that mess with him. This is enough for the marks to love Taker, so he should only get the title because it would make whoever beats him for it look that much better.

loopydate
07-21-2004, 02:55 PM
LOL. It's days like this when I wonder why I even go online. I've got "The Latest On ECW's Return" in one thread and "Undertaker as WWE CHAMP = MONEY" in another.

The One
07-21-2004, 03:06 PM
I don't entirly disagree, in that yes the Undertaker can draw fans/money...but putting the belt on him is pointless. I still fail to see how The Undertaker would draw any more or any less with or without the belt....you want a SmackDown champ to be proud of, put the Title on Funaki! Now THERE is where the money lies.

Funky Fly
07-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Let me break it down for you: WWE champion who wrestles midcarders once a month = ratings disaster.

loopydate
07-21-2004, 03:07 PM
^ Indeed.

Favre4Ever
07-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Dude, when Brock lost the title to the Big Show, I wasn't that pissed. He wasn't a boring champion. We all knew his reign would be short lived, we saw some pretty sweet matches, and we got to watch Angle pull out the usual slams to Big Show and A-Train.

You like JBL and you say Big Show is a boring champion? :n:

Thriller
07-21-2004, 06:27 PM
you want a SmackDown champ to be proud of, put the Title on Funaki! Now THERE is where the money lies.
INDEED!

Londoner
07-21-2004, 06:36 PM
Funaki WWE champ, if only......just another classic example of WWE holding a talent down!

Btw..this thread sucks as much as JBL does.

Mr. Nerfect
07-21-2004, 06:38 PM
I actually like the idea of Funaki becomming WWE Champion, just for a night or two. :-\

I agree with everything that's been said. I'd love to see a Cena/JBL feud (not for the title). Maybe it could encorporate the US Title some way. Eddie Guerrero getting the title back is a bad move, IMO. Not until at least sometime next year. Maybe even Summerslam next year. Build him up as the face that'd tasted the Championship, now needs it. JBL and Angle are iffy as Champions. The Big Show isn't coming back until September. I think The Undertaker makes the best choice. He could be credible, and and make the title credible. The guy that beats him is going to get over huge (especially if it is at WrestleMania). :y:

MVP
07-21-2004, 06:58 PM
If Angle was 100%, JBL would be jobbing to him at Summerslam.

Bo
07-21-2004, 08:13 PM
If Angle was 100%, JBL would be jobbing to him at Summerslam.

Yeah but I have to say for all the anti JBL being champ has got old. I mean I know hes not the best entertainer wrestling wise but dont you think his title win is kinda positive reinforcement by the WWE. I mean hes been there a good while and the high point of his singles career was the Hardcore title.

Corkscrewed
07-21-2004, 08:22 PM
The only reason I will refrain from flaming the shit out of this post is because he advocates the Undertaker as champion. Being a huge Taker mark, I'll let this one slide. :D

(Actually, Taker as champ could draw, for reasons Cynick explained)

Batsu
07-22-2004, 03:44 AM
Why do people not realize that giving JBL the title is no different than the "Raw" title being handed to A-Train?

anyway, Taker as champ could draw, but as someone once said, it almost does seem like Undertaker is even bigger than the belt...

James Steele
07-22-2004, 03:58 AM
Batsu, its not quite THAT BAD.

Anyway, Undertaker v. Bradshaw will really blow unless it is a complete SQUASH by Walker, Texas Taker.

Also, Undertaker as champion has its pros and cons.

Cons: Kinda pointless, many squash matches, many boring matches, etc.

Pros: Possibly Garner Interest In SmackDown!, Could Bring In $$$, but the most imporant pro is this:

I think it could be used to do what it did for Austin at SummerSlam 98'. It could give whoever Taker drops the title to MAJOR heat. Think about it, Undertaker is a established name that people don't really associate with losing. Undertaker has a great thing going for him and that is CREDIBILITY.

He is the most credible wrestler on SmackDown! right now, IMO. He beats JBL at SummerSlam and keeps it until the Royal Rumble. That is a decent run and a good run to end his career on (he is nearing the end of it soon anyway). The Rumble match won't be his last match but you get the point.

Anyway, He faces either Kurt or Eddie (whoever wins their "fued") at the Rumble. He loses clean like he did to Austin. If its Angle make him tap-out to establish that Angle still can make ANYBODY tap out...even the Undertaker. If Eddie a frogsplash for the pin or a "Lasso From El Paso" for submission victory.

He has a good long reign and when he drops it, it is a meaningful and "powerful" drop that puts a guy over. Undertaker has always been pretty good about putting guys over when needed. He did Cena wonders a month ago when they faced each other.

Edge
07-22-2004, 06:01 AM
^^
I don't know whether to laugh or cry

Hey, I managed to do both at the same time.

Edge
07-22-2004, 06:49 AM
As much as I love JBL and his gimmick,I think Undertaker as WWE champ is the best thing to do not only for Smackdown but for the whole WWE.

Who is the most popular wrestler in the WWE? Undertaker, fans like Cena and Eugene alot but nobody consider them World Champion material. Eugene been in the WWE for only a couple of months old and Cena just won his first title in March. The only people in the WWE I consider on Taker level is HHH and HBK. All three guys are legends and still can go.Flair is just too old now.Angle is not on their level and he is injury prone.

Putting the belt back on Eddie soon is a bad idea. Eddie has run out of steam. Hopefully,Angle will bring some intensity back to Eddie.

You can't put the belt on Angle,he get injured too much.

JBL is fine but not on Taker level. I think JBL character is one the best I've seen in years. He play the heel role perfect.

It's too early for Cena to be champion. His gimmick is over but he's not WWE champion material.

Big Show has always been a boring champion.

Putting the belt back on Taker helps Smackdown out alot. If Taker is the champ with Benoit as champion at the same time,who would WWE promote the most? Taker and that would benefit Smackdown more. You know who is the top face in the Benoit/HHH fued,Eugene. Taker can never be outshine like that. Really, without HHH and HBK, Benoit would not even be mention.

Taker as champ means he will be on the tv show and house shows more. Many people stated that Taker is the only reason why they watch Smackdown.

I'm not saying the ratings and ppv numbers will be great,only Rock,Hogan,Austin,Foley and special matches can do miracle numbers. The house shows numbers will improve and merchandise sells will too.

Taker got 2 or 3 good years left in him,they need to make the most out of this.Other guys like Eddie and Cena have many years left.

Ok, so what your wanting to do is put the WWE Championship Belt around The Undertaker. That would be like putting the World Championship around Chavo Guerrero Senior. Let me take you through some leasons here about why you should not go through with this idea.

1.) Taker is past his prime (thats not to say Eddie isin't) and now Takers getting more injuries and getting Kevin Nash style slow.

2.) Of all belts why dose he need to get to get that belt again ? hes won the WWE Championship on about 4 different occasions. So I mean it would make more sence to have Taker .V Luther R for the U.S Title, don't you think?

3.) Also Undertaker is only ment to make rear appearances. How in the fucking blue hell is he ment to feud with someone every 3 weeks or so? That would make the WWE look like a bunch of assholes if they did give the title to the Undertaker for more than a week. Or if they did it at all for that matter.

This tells me one thing about you, you are a shit head that dose not know what he is talking about. Shut the fuck up, you obviousley don't watch SmackDown.

DMI
07-22-2004, 07:58 AM
3.) Also Undertaker is only ment to make rear appearances.

:foc:

Kane Knight
07-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Deadman, I woulda thought you of all people would appreciate rear appearances. :p

DMI
07-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Deadman, I woulda thought you of all people would appreciate rear appearances. :p
KK dont make me take you down :mad:

you know me too well. :naughty:

Corkscrewed
07-22-2004, 04:24 PM
LMAO. I thought it was Bradshaw who liked "rear" appearances... I know Brock Lesnar doesn't.

James Steele
07-22-2004, 04:52 PM
^^^^^^^
LMAO

Kane Knight
07-22-2004, 04:55 PM
LMAO. I thought it was Bradshaw who liked "rear" appearances... I know Brock Lesnar doesn't.
Bradshaw only likes rear appearances if he's pitching to someone who's struggling.

Lesnar likes 'em. He just only likes to give. You know, if he's not the one taking it in the ass, it don't make HIM gay. :shifty:

Kane Knight
07-22-2004, 04:55 PM
KK dont make me take you down :mad:

you know me too well. :naughty:
Close your curtains at night. ;)