PDA

View Full Version : 2001 is so hard to watch

Boomer
07-23-2004, 01:28 AM
Man 2001: A Space Odyssey was one of the hardest things for me to sit down and watch. I was so happy when intermission hit. I've read some of the book, and I think it did it good justice, but I just don't get why it's such a grand movie.

My dad put it well: it's an experience. And he said it's much better on the big screen.

But I didn't get it. More like a psychedelic tripout. The 2nd part is definitely movie worthy, but the first and last parts just don't add a whole lot. I guess I rely heavily on dialogue and acting, considering I'm an actor.

But the opening sequence gave me chills. I'll give it that.

The Miz
07-23-2004, 01:33 AM
Yeah I've heard alot of people say that. I dunno the whole thing fascinated me from start to finish. I love the monekys.

el fregadero
07-23-2004, 02:37 AM
I enjoyed the movie until the end when the colors started swirling and what have you. I just got lost at that part.

DrA
07-23-2004, 02:43 AM
I liked this movie. I don't really get all of it, but it's still fun to watch for some of the visual effects and whatnot. I also love HAL...

One of Kubrick's best movies.

Requiem
07-23-2004, 04:11 AM
Never seen it..

Triple A
07-23-2004, 04:55 AM
Yeah it is just a weird ass movie.

YOUR Hero
07-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Good show. It's stood the time test rather well. Especially for a Sci-fi movie.

tucsonspeed6
07-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Yeah....the sixties were weird. I'm sure if you were on LSD or something, the vivid color display (that goes on for an uncomfortable amount of time) at the end would be the perfect addition to the movie...but it's not a plot. It's just pretty colors. THe ending is too confusing and personally I think that if it came out today, it'd have shit reviews.