PDA

View Full Version : Vince disappointed in Raw

Shawn Mega
07-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Vince McMahon was apparently said to be very disappointed that Smackdown scored a higher rating than Raw recently. He's not trying to sabotage the show, but because he's in negotiations with Viacom regarding a new contract for the Monday night show, he would prefer to have Raw be his highest rated show right now.

McMahon’s concern is that Viacom officials will use Smackdown's higher rating to question whether they are being stuck with an inferior product due to the recently ratings score the show got over Raw.

"That's why some of the lineups for the Raw shows have been pay-per-view caliber," explained one source.

Credit: PWTorch.com Newsletter

I guess Big Show will debut on Raw to help them out. To be serious, what more can Raw do? Invade Smackdown?

Favre4Ever
07-23-2004, 09:34 PM
Big Show will debut on RAW? Did you just pull that out of your ass?

If Smackdown! did better than RAW, were in trouble.

Londoner
07-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Well i have thought Raw has been at its worse ever as of late, or atleast since ive been watching, so maybe I'm not the only one who thinks that...

Shawn Mega
07-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Big Show will debut on RAW? Did you just pull that out of your ass?

If Smackdown! did better than RAW, were in trouble.

I was joking about Big Show. I would not be surprise if Big Show goes back to Raw.

I think they don't want the ratings to be close. Raw has more established stars but yet the ratings are close to Smackdown ratings. With all the hype Raw has been getting lately on the net, you would think Raw was pulling in 4.5 rating everyweek.

If they really want the ratings to go up. Move Taker to Raw for Christian or Jericho.Taker vs.Evolution,Orton never face a legend like Taker.

They can just do a Raw vs.Smackdown Invasion angle.

mrslackalack
07-23-2004, 10:27 PM
I think WWE needs to have Special Interpromotional PPV's maybe 1 or 2 a year for fresh matchups, and instead of having champion vs champion matches say have a World Heavyweight title match with Benoit vs Booker or JBL vs Edge and Orton vs Taker. and If they win the title they get to go to the brand.

Xero
07-23-2004, 10:35 PM
If RAW invaded SmackDown and won, what would be the point? Would they go back to the way they were, or would there be trades and stuff? Or an end to the split? I dunno, right now, an Invasion isnt really key...

What's key is that they should BALANCE Raw and SmackDown (Not taking into account that the contract is coming up, or after the contract is resigned)...

Have SmackDown have all/most of the cruisers and a few big names and some mid carders like Big Show, Booker, Eddie, Benoit, Michaels, Cena, and Orton, among others...

And have Raw have most of the big names/big guys and a few mid carders like Taker, Triple H, Batista, Benoit, Jericho, and Kane amoung others...

And maybe if WWE could sign/resign some people, it could help out both shows... But I dunno...

mrslackalack
07-23-2004, 10:43 PM
A Raw vs Smackdown PPV would be perfect for a War Games with the winning brand gets to Main Event Wrestlemania.

Xero
07-23-2004, 10:47 PM
A Raw vs Smackdown PPV would be perfect for a War Games with the winning brand gets to Main Event Wrestlemania.
Then that would eliminate the need for the Rumble, unless they do something like having the last guy of that brand that gets thrown out (Or the last one standing) in the Rumble gets to main event, same goes for the other brand...

Or, they could make it winner of War Games gets number 30 in the Rumble, but no one ever wins it then...

ColdwaVer
07-23-2004, 10:50 PM
Well i have thought Raw has been at its worse ever as of late, or atleast since ive been watching, so maybe I'm not the only one who thinks that...

Oh it has not, it was worse between Summerslam and Survivor Series in '02, and it was CERTAINLY worse off than this back around 95-97.

mrslackalack
07-23-2004, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=Xero Limit 126]Then that would eliminate the need for the Rumble, unless they do something like having the last guy of that brand that gets thrown out (Or the last one standing) in the Rumble gets to main event, same goes for the other brand...

naw I meant the champion like say if RAW won their champion would be in the main event same for Smackdown although i shudder when i think about JBL headlining wrestlemania.

Kane Knight
07-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Maybe they should try booking better.

Kane Knight
07-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Naw.

Loose Cannon
07-23-2004, 11:28 PM
haha, booking better. That's crazy.

Kane Knight
07-23-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm a radical.

Innovator
07-23-2004, 11:33 PM
I can hear them now..

Vince: I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMMIT! We make Hunter the center of the show AND LOOK AT THE RATINGS! I know what the problem is...Benoit!

Benoit: Yeah Vince?

Vince: STOP UPSTAGING HUNTER!

Benoit: Vince I wasn't even on the show last night, you replaced my segment with HHH eating spaghetti-o's.

Vince: You heard me Benoit!

Kane Knight
07-23-2004, 11:39 PM
I can hear them now..

Vince: I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMMIT! We make Hunter the center of the show AND LOOK AT THE RATINGS! I know what the problem is...Benoit!

Benoit: Yeah Vince?

Vince: STOP UPSTAGING HUNTER!

Benoit: Vince I wasn't even on the show last night, you replaced my segment with HHH eating spaghetti-o's.

Vince: <s>You heard me Benoit!</s> You're walking dangerously close to the edge...

The CyNick
07-23-2004, 11:56 PM
Whats funny is that even though SD gets more viewers most weeks, they have dropped by about a million viewers since the Winter, and RAW hasn't really gone up by very much. So all they managed to do was drop SD's value and yet in their efforts to make RAW look better they still are precieved to be inferior to SD (by TV people anyway). Thats some good business decisions right there!

Never doubt it, Vince is a genius.

Azriel
07-24-2004, 12:07 AM
Well, this weeks RAW shouldn't be a problem with the Iron Man match. maybe a good idea to boost ratings would match that wheel thing Eric did in Vegas maybe once every two months or something.

Kane Knight
07-24-2004, 01:19 AM
Whats funny is that even though SD gets more viewers most weeks, they have dropped by about a million viewers since the Winter, and RAW hasn't really gone up by very much. So all they managed to do was drop SD's value and yet in their efforts to make RAW look better they still are precieved to be inferior to SD (by TV people anyway). Thats some good business decisions right there!

Never doubt it, Vince is a genius.
Indeed.

"Raw needs to be more popular than Smackdown! We need to make Smackdown suck so that Raw will be the more popular show."

Fuck trying to make the show better. Can't do that.

Kane Knight
07-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Well, this weeks RAW shouldn't be a problem with the Iron Man match. maybe a good idea to boost ratings would match that wheel thing Eric did in Vegas maybe once every two months or something.
Too often would kill it.

Londoner
07-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Oh it has not, it was worse between Summerslam and Survivor Series in '02, and it was CERTAINLY worse off than this back around 95-97.

I meant since i had started watching it(at the beginning of 2000) and atleast i could stand watching it between Summerslam and SS 02, but now i really can't put up with it half the time, the main event is the only thing that interests me these days.

Shawn Mega
07-24-2004, 11:42 AM
I meant since i had started watching it(at the beginning of 2000) and atleast i could stand watching it between Summerslam and SS 02, but now i really can't put up with it half the time, the main event is the only thing that interests me these days.

I usually watch the first hour and the main event.Sometimes I catch the beginning of the second hour. I usually be watching Road Rules. I love my reality(not that real) tv shows.

I like 1996 and 1997 Raw better than now. I was younger and it appear to me. Raw was like only a hour long in 96 and they put their best on Raw.The characters in 96 was easy to relate too,Ahmed was the man.

1997 Raw's was crazy,especially the Hart Foundation/Austin fued. It was intense and everybody played their role right.RIP Pillman, he was the greatest.

I have to agree and say this year Raw is better than 2002.

Londoner
07-24-2004, 06:47 PM
I usually watch the first hour and the main event.Sometimes I catch the beginning of the second hour. I usually be watching Road Rules. I love my reality(not that real) tv shows.

I like 1996 and 1997 Raw better than now. I was younger and it appear to me. Raw was like only a hour long in 96 and they put their best on Raw.The characters in 96 was easy to relate too,Ahmed was the man.

1997 Raw's was crazy,especially the Hart Foundation/Austin fued. It was intense and everybody played their role right.RIP Pillman, he was the greatest.

I have to agree and say this year Raw is better than 2002.

Firstly what does 'and it appear to me' mean?I think you meant appealed to me?
Secondly, i was a mark back in 02 so that's why i could probably stand it more than now. But atleast i could watch it all the way through back then, i try to now but its damn hard to put up with. One thing that would help is to get rid of adverts in between matches, that really kills it when your trying to get into a match.

addy2hotty
07-25-2004, 12:13 PM
One radical idea would try and keep the programs seperate. Quit with the 'Raw rebound' and crap like that and treat them as different entities completely, as it should have been at the start. Trades and the like would VERY rarely happen, and not even mention on the show what the other is doing. Both shows need a theme like back in the Monday Night Wars theme - ECW presented Extreme, WWE claimed to have the attitude but was more 'entertainment' based, and WCW had the stars of Wrestlings big boom.

Cut the chat on SD, and have it more wrestling based, and treat Raw as it was back in the late 90's as the attitude 'Raw is War' type show.

tbh, the main problem I have is waiting a whole week for the storylines to continue. I really don't see why they can't do 2 TV shows a week for each franchise (I mean, losing one house show a week and replacing it with tapings is hardly going to break the bank). but I guess the ratings don't justify it....

Hired Hitman
07-25-2004, 01:47 PM
All they do on Raw is Talk, Talk, Talk, a Promo here and there, before a match, that's okay, but when it takes 20 minutes to talk about a match that already happened, or repeat something just for cheap heat or to remind people of what happened the night before/last week, then it's really stupid :rant:

Stickman
07-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Ya I agree, the worst is when they show highlites and recaps of what we saw before the commercial. Also, since when did they start having commercial during matches?

Kane Knight
07-25-2004, 02:04 PM
All they do on Raw is Talk, Talk, Talk, a Promo here and there, before a match, that's okay, but when it takes 20 minutes to talk about a match that already happened, or repeat something just for cheap heat or to remind people of what happened the night before/last week, then it's really stupid :rant:
To an extent, it's okay. It's just that it's too much and too often. Sometimes they show entire matches. BAd. Sometimes they replay the same item multiple times for multiple shows. Bad. Sometimes they make me wonder if they've ever heard of "editing." Bad.