PDA

View Full Version : Say you were booking a promotion...

Kane Knight
07-24-2004, 02:12 AM
Totally hypothetical, but you're booking a promotion, and now have a TV deal. In trying to promote said deal, you start touring.

Questions: Which cities would you hit?

What would be your preferred timeslot/day?

HeartBreakMan2k
07-24-2004, 02:15 AM
Philli (hardcore fans), NYC (history), Vegas (they love the entertainment industry in general), Canada (always interested), England and Aussie land (they don't get big promotions often so the buy rates would be huge). Those are the big places I'd hit.

I'd prefer to be on Sundays around 8. Because there is never anything on and people come home early to prepar for school or work.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-24-2004, 02:35 AM
Philli (hardcore fans), NYC (history), Vegas (they love the entertainment industry in general), Canada (always interested), England and Aussie land (they don't get big promotions often so the buy rates would be huge). Those are the big places I'd hit.

Agree totally with the places, but I'd add a few more small "big cities." Also, I'd make Detroit a city we're in a lot.

As for time slot, I'd go for either an 8' o clock timeslot on Monday, or a 10' o clock timeslot on Thursdays, and run a one hour show. I don't want to compete with Raw or Smackdown, but MOndays and Thursdays are an accepted day to watch wrestling, so you might as well put it on when you know people are in the mood to watch it.

V
07-24-2004, 04:17 AM
Canada, England and Australia aren't cities..

anyway i'd hit, TORONTO, nyc, winnipeg, london england, maybe some others

time slot would be 9pm on wednesday

Watson
07-24-2004, 04:44 AM
I'd go through each state in the US and have a show in a major city in that state then I'd have a show in a smaller town in that same state on the other side. I'd repeat that process throughout the whole country and therefore becoming well known to a broad audience. I'd prefer a timeslot of tuesday's from 9pm until 11pm and then when my company is even more known and watched then I'd begin touring Canada, Europe, etc.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-24-2004, 12:32 PM

anyway i'd hit, TORONTO, nyc, winnipeg, london england, maybe some others

time slot would be 9pm on wednesdayI didn't mean those a specific were cities, just locations I'd hit.

Hired Hitman
07-24-2004, 12:42 PM
"you were booking a promotion"

:shifty:

... I don't know, I will probably just hang around brisbane for a while then spread out when I get known :-\

Kane Knight
07-24-2004, 12:47 PM
They are to Americans. ;)

V
07-24-2004, 03:06 PM
grrrr :@

Cooler Tom Schuler
07-24-2004, 04:53 PM
HBK2k, I wouldn't watch your show. You're in direct competition with The Simpsons.

MVP
07-24-2004, 05:09 PM
I'd hit all of the cities/cpuntries mentioned above, and I'll throw in Houston, Phoenix, Boston, and Tokyo.

AareDub
07-24-2004, 05:15 PM
I'd hit all of the cities/cpuntries mentioned above, and I'll throw in <s>Houston</s> Dallas, Phoenix, Boston, and Tokyo.

:y:

The CyNick
07-24-2004, 05:45 PM
If I had big stars, I would run big cities, but assuming most new promotions wouldn't have access to big name talent, they would be better off hitting smaller towns in smaller venues. I'd much rather tape shows in front of a say 3-4,000 in a 5,000 seat arena vs 3,000 in a 20,000 seat arena.

But yeah, hit all the major markets throughout the US and Canada. Oevrseas is too difficult for a new promotion and really makes no sense.

jasonvoorhees
07-24-2004, 10:08 PM
H-TOWN, NYC, MX