PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Warfare

targo_the_sho_stopa
07-24-2004, 09:23 AM
Ok, much like Raw mag, I wanna do a fantasy warfare thing, pick whoever you want to fight whoever you want. Can I just first take offence to the July edition of Raw mag for pitting Edge against Bret Hart, that would be no contest nor is there any real parallels to base them on in my opinion.
But thats by the by. For this, take into consideration Strengths, Weaknesses, Key Wins/Losses, Finishers and Strategy and evaluate on them.
And before anyone points it out, I am well aware that matches are worked and decided by bookers etc. but this is just for fun cos someone shut this topic on another website I was on for that reason.

So example:
Mine would be the Rougeaus/"The Model" Rick Martel vs. La Resistance(Dupree/Conway/Grenier)
I'm not just picking this cos they're all French Canadian bar Conway, I just think it would be a good match.
Strenghts: Rougeaus had amazing tag team continuity and brilliant heel tag team skill. Martel had speed and the arrogance truly befitting a heel.
La Resistance, much like the Rougeaus have great tag team continuity and can very much hold their own as singles wrestlers as they have proven over the last few weeks.
Weaknesses: Both 3 man teams are in the same boat really, their cockiness gets in the way of them finishing the job, its all well and good hitting your opponents with a devasting tandom move but ya gotta finish the job which is something all 6 men's ego's very rarely lets them do.
Key Wins: As for the Rougeaus, I can't remember whether or not they won the Tag titles, but they won many matches against teams like the Rockers, Martel of course split from Tito Santana and scored one or two victories over him. La Resistance have of course been tag champs and are current tag champs with Renee being the youngest tag champ in history.
Key Losses: Can't think of any off the top of my head for teh Rougeau's but being held down by WWE surely must have accounted for some losses. Martel has never won the IC title as well and lost many-a-battle to Jake Roberts. As for La Res key losses would probably be their original tag title loss.
Finishers: Can't recall finsihers for Rougeaus and Martel, but of course "The Model" was known for spraying his opponents with his "arrogance" to blind them and Martel would subsequently put them away. La Res-there is Dupree and Grenier's original double spinebuster style finisher that nearly killled Spike and now the Au Revoir.
Strategy: The Rougeaus looked very similar so could easily pull a switch-a-roo, Model was known for using his cockyness to get into his opponents head. La Res simply try the tag game of isolating the opponent and getting any unfair advantage when possible.
Final thought: I would have to give the edge to La Resistance, they have youth and a very natural ability to get ahead of their fellow French-Canadians, but seeing Dupree against Martel would be nothing short of a classic.

Chuck Jones
07-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Ha...Ha...Ha.

You tried to post this topic at 3SW, the most intellectual wrestling forum on the internet. And that guy who closed your topic...that guy was Cowboy, one of the most respected people on the forums. Try to use some intellect the next time you start a topic.

What a tool. :roll: