PDA

View Full Version : Thought on Y2J

addy2hotty
07-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Just a thought, but do you think his band stuff keeps him from a real push as champion? Just a thought that flashed through my mind when I read he's going to do vocals on the new Iron Maiden album.....

Can't be enough hours in the day for him.....

ColdwaVer
07-25-2004, 12:08 PM
I doubt it, it doesn't really seem to interfere with his schedule as it is, and it gives WWE free publicity.

(BTW, your sig rules. :love: )

addy2hotty
07-25-2004, 12:19 PM
I doubt it, it doesn't really seem to interfere with his schedule as it is, and it gives WWE free publicity.

(BTW, your sig rules. :love: )

Admittedly, it gets them free publicity, but from what you read in books and columns in newspapers, being Champ is a 7 day job - interviews, TV appearances, representing the WWE at things such as Smackdown Your Vote and other unnecessary things. Can Jericho do all that and be a 'huge rock star' as well?

I just wonder....

(BTW, I know...:) )

AareDub
07-25-2004, 12:58 PM
I don't think he's exactly a "huge rockstar." Jericho has his priorities straight, wrestling fist.

addy2hotty
07-25-2004, 01:01 PM
I don't think he's exactly a "huge rockstar." Jericho has his priorities straight, wrestling fist.

I can't remember any former WWE Champion being kept down sooooo long after losing the title, surely there's reasoning behind that doesn't include the letter H.

Innovator
07-25-2004, 01:35 PM
Undertaker, Kane, Big Show

Kane Knight
07-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Well, Triple H did vocals on a Motorhead record.

Unless he's replacing Dickenson, I doubt he'll be spending much time on this record.

The Champ's schedule isn't much heavier than a normal wrestler. Despite what the TV tells you. On top of all that, Fozzy doesn't really tour much (if at all), and isn't that much of a burden on Y2J.

LK
07-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Yeah thats right Fozzy keep Jericho from being champion. Definetly not a particular wrestler *coughcoughHHHcoughcough*

Londoner
07-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Oh no, obviously it can't be HHH's fault, we must blame someone else!Nice try in trying to shift the blame to someone other than HHH though.

MVP
07-25-2004, 07:25 PM
It's mainly because the bookers don't believe that Chris Jericho would be a credible World Champion. His Undisputed title reign was made out to be a joke due to his countless dusty finishes, I know he was a heel, but his matches were written so he appeared to be a complete coward.

And let's not forget that Triple H has a creative control clause.

Mayo
07-26-2004, 02:14 AM
Nothing to do with his band, but everything to do with Vince and the creative team.

asphyXy
07-26-2004, 03:10 AM
I read he's going to do vocals on the new Iron Maiden album.....
:| Where the hell did you read this?

DaveWadding
07-26-2004, 03:40 AM
Well, Triple H did vocals on a Motorhead record.

Unless he's replacing Dickenson, I doubt he'll be spending much time on this record.

The Champ's schedule isn't much heavier than a normal wrestler. Despite what the TV tells you. On top of all that, Fozzy doesn't really tour much (if at all), and isn't that much of a burden on Y2J.
Fozzy has done literally 2 shows lately... One here (I was supposed to go, then everyone fucking copped out on me :mad: ) and one in the 'Peg.

Kane Knight
07-26-2004, 03:46 AM
That's hardly touring.

Stickman
07-26-2004, 02:02 PM
I don't think the band stuff affects any push. If anything, he's doing the band stuff because he's not being pushed.

It's weird, I wish he was main eventing, but an hour or so ago I was thinking, "FUCK, Jericho could be a huge star...well maybe not huge, but a Bret Hart huge." I was all emotional about it, it was weird.

I think the WWE should take a chance on him as it's something different. I think it'd be kind of cool to have the World Champion as a rock "star".