PDA

View Full Version : I think Meddle is my favourite Pink Floyd album

El Capitano Gatisto
07-26-2004, 12:25 AM
You don't often hear it talked about as one of their best. I have to say, it's the one I enjoy listening to the most. Echoes manages to be long and indulgent, but still excellent. Sometimes Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and the songs on Animals just get overly indulgent, but Echoes is just wonderful.

The little pop songs on there are great too. Fearless is one of my favourite Pink Floyd songs.

I suppose it bridges between when they were a truly innovative band into becoming prog rock dinosaurs. Nicely in between the crazy stuff like Atom Heart Mother and the more conventional sounding Dark Side of the Moon.

da_king
07-26-2004, 12:48 AM
<font color="#ccffcc">

meddle is very under-rated, i also quite enjoy it as well. i really do enjoy a lot of the pre DSOTM stuff especially some of their bootleg live stuff i've been able to download. very experimental and improvisational and i think with the success that they've had with darkside, a piece of the band died in a way. saucerfull of secrets, carefull with that axe eugene, set the controlls for the heart of the sun, and atom heart mother are absolutlely fantastic sound pieces, especially live and i think head towrads the direction of a song like echoes,. actually i do prefer live versions of many of those songs rather then the studio versions. i think the 1970-73 era of floyd is probably the most exciting. obscured by clouds is another under rated album, i'd say, that gets like no attention. it was right before DSOTM,

</font>

El Capitano Gatisto
07-26-2004, 12:51 AM
Careful with that axe, Eugene is an incredible song. I have been meaning to buy Umma Gumma for about 2 years now, but it's always really expensive, but say, if it's on sale, the price goes down from maybe £30 to £10.

I have Atom Heart Mother and Piper at the Gates of Dawn. I'll check out Obscured by Clouds on your recommendation.

FakeLaser
07-26-2004, 01:09 AM
It's a really good album, I will agree.

da_king
07-26-2004, 01:14 AM
<font color="#ccffcc">
if you're looking for some live stuff you should maybe check out live at pompei, it has probably my favorite version of saucerfull, as well as good versions of eugene and echoes. you should also try to download some bootlegs from the early 70's time period if you get a chance or can find it.

</font>v

The Mask
07-26-2004, 08:25 AM
As a wanky yet tasteful guitarist, I quite like Momentary Lapse of Reason. Some splendid and underrated guitar work on there.