PDA

View Full Version : stupid things that happened in wrestling

Penner
12-27-2003, 07:32 PM
i remember like edge won the intercontinental or something from jeff jarrett at a house show and they didnt recognize because it "shouldn't count"

that was the dumbest thing that ever happened

why go to a house show then if you're just gonna know the outcome

Boondock Saint
12-28-2003, 03:29 AM
I think they did recognize it. Only that he lost it the next night at Fully Loaded 99 or something back to Jarrett. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

KayfabeMan
12-28-2003, 03:55 AM
Yeah,they did recognize it.

I believe Edge was promised an IC Title win (that was plan-
ned for Edge to win @ the PPV,and lose it back to Jarrett @
RAW the next night),but rather than win it at the P-P-V the
next night,Edge asked to win it at the previous night's house
show in his hometown,in front of all his friends/family...

KayfabeMan
12-28-2003, 03:55 AM
And he did lose it back to Jarrett on the PPV

Pepsi Man
12-28-2003, 10:20 AM
Actually, the story I got, and I think this was from reading Edge's article on wwe.com (the name escapes me at the moment)...

is that the opponent for Jarrett was supposed to be like Shamrock or something on that night, but he wasn't there...so Edge was used as a replacement.

Edge got the win, but apparently he was supposed to be screwed out of it by some reverse decision or something, but then a road agent came down and asked Jarrett what the finish for the PPV was. Edge claims that at that point, he didn't know who was getting the win until match time.

So Jarrett told the guy that he was getting the win, and the agent suddenly told Edge he was champ, and that the decision wasn't going to be overturned. They didn't want to leave the Canadian fans upset with another screw job.

ColdwaVer
12-28-2003, 11:09 AM
Actually, the story I got, and I think this was from reading Edge's article on wwe.com (the name escapes me at the moment)...

is that the opponent for Jarrett was supposed to be like Shamrock or something on that night, but he wasn't there...so Edge was used as a replacement.

Edge got the win, but apparently he was supposed to be screwed out of it by some reverse decision or something, but then a road agent came down and asked Jarrett what the finish for the PPV was. Edge claims that at that point, he didn't know who was getting the win until match time.

So Jarrett told the guy that he was getting the win, and the agent suddenly told Edge he was champ, and that the decision wasn't going to be overturned. They didn't want to leave the Canadian fans upset with another screw job.

Yeah, that's the story as it was on WWE.com a few months ago.

KayfabeMan
12-28-2003, 12:23 PM
Well,then I guess that's it.Then again,it's from WWE.com where they
still try to do what my name implies while telling people it's fake :roll:

Either way,the whole Jarrett-Edge thing,IMO is :n:

Penner
12-28-2003, 07:11 PM
yeah i think they did recognize it actually :$ but didnt they make edge lose at the PPV

sexymanalive
12-28-2003, 08:20 PM
what about when HHH call Kane a killer after his TLC macth

Volchok
12-28-2003, 09:36 PM
that whole storyline was kinda gay... the whole... yeah i dont even wanna speak about it... it makes me wonder about the writers....

Corkscrewed
12-29-2003, 03:16 AM
At least Edge recounted it humorously. He's really a nice, funny guy.

But stupid things that happened in wrestling? How about Triple H humping a mannequin?

BigGammy v1.0
12-29-2003, 04:35 AM
I'd say one of the stupidest things that happened in wrestling was the constant devaluation of the WCW heavyweight title, especially during the time of the New Blood, where that title was basically being prostituted between Jarrett and various Millionaires Club members.

10 April 2000: Title vacated; tournament held
16 April (Spring Stampede): Jarrett beats DDP in finals of tournament
24 April: DDP beats Jarrett
26 April: DDP and David Arquette beat Jarrett and Bischoff in tag match; as he got the pin, Arquette wins the title :mad:
7 May (Slamboree): Jarrett beats Arquette and DDP (Triple cage match)
15 May: Flair beats Jarrett
22 May: Due to medical reasons, Flair has to give up the title; Vince Russo gives it to Jarrett
24 May: Nash beats Jarrett and Scott Steiner
29 May: Nash gives the title to Flair, who then loses it to Jarrett
5 June: Sting beats Jarrett in non-title match
9 July (Bash at the Beach): Hogan beats Jarrett after Jarrett lies down for Hogan; Russo shoots on Hogan, and gives Jarrett a new WCW heavyweight title, which he loses to Booker T.

Come to think of it, the same title (now the World heavyweight title on Raw) is still being devalued - I wonder wHHHy?

Vastardikai
12-29-2003, 05:15 AM
I remember the ending of one match that was good until the end:

It was a Clash of the Champions, a Fall Brawl edition. Sting vs. Johnny B. Badd, I think Badd just nailed a stiff body shot on Sting, when a box came out. Everything just stopped for a minute, as if it wasn't supposed to come out yet. Then, Sting and Badd lock up, Sting immediately goes into a small package and wins. The ending sucked ass for such a good match. But all is not lost, as Cactus Jack exploded from the box and proceded to beat Sting down, including a Somersault Senton from the top, Tabling Sting who was on the floor. I popped like a madman, because Sting will always be a dork.