PDA

View Full Version : Who are Dredg ?

El Vaquero de Infierno
07-28-2004, 06:46 PM
I was looking at the reviews of A Perfect Circle's 13th step, on amazon, and in the further listening bit there was Dredg. They were compared with Tool ( I think) in one of their reviews.

So just wondering if anybody knows them, what they sound like,and if worth checkin' out?

Silent
07-29-2004, 06:08 AM
They are kind of a weird/contemporary alt. rock band like Tool, but not as heavy. If you like Tool, you will probably be able to stand Dredg at least. I really like them.

El Vaquero de Infierno
08-19-2004, 07:56 PM
I bought Dredg's El Cielo album ( for a cool Fiver) and it has to be the best fiver I ever spent.

Yeah, the vocalist sounds like morrisey (therefore at the start I wished to rip out his vocal chords) but after I got used to him and was able to concentrate on the music, it has to be said...THEY ARE HOOOOOOOOOT.

Don't know what it is about them but they kick my ass, and would advise you all to check them out.

Think I'll be buying their first album now. :cool:

Bazooka
08-19-2004, 08:04 PM
I haven't heard many of their songs but I downloaded Movment II Croswind Minuet off their Leitmotif album last year and it was awesome. It's a great song to get you into the band.