PDA

View Full Version : Why do NFLers act like such goofs

YOUR Hero
12-28-2003, 02:01 PM
when they score a touchdown?

What's the point really?

Also, what do you think of the leagues attempt to put a stop to it.

Disturbed316
12-28-2003, 02:07 PM
Nothing wrong with celebrating a TD, as long as its not OTT or just plain stupid.

As for the league trying to stop it, meh, if they think its for the best :| :roll:

KleptoKlown
12-28-2003, 02:10 PM
cause they are goofs.

da_king
12-28-2003, 02:18 PM
<font color="#ccffcc">
i think they should be allowed to cellebrate in whatever way they want. so a guy wants to use a cell phone and make a call, big fu</>ckin deal. i think it's lame that the league tries to stop it and take the excitement out of the game.

</font>

Crimson
12-28-2003, 03:41 PM
I think anything thats not pre-planned, like the cellphone celebration ,is fine with me. Like TO running to the Cowboy star was just total disrespect, and i felt like ripping his limbs off.

But any little dance , or any trick with the ball itself should be fine. Anything that isn't the element of the game ( cell phone, sharpie), should be regulated.

Yashamaga
12-28-2003, 04:03 PM
hey tell me the story about TO and the Star.

I've seen random videos of it but never knew the story behind it

PsychoSport
12-28-2003, 04:16 PM
I don't think the league should put a stop to it. If they want to look like retards, let them.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-28-2003, 04:16 PM
Not everyone does it.....certain people do......who cares

I am more interested in what happens on the field anyways, they can do whatever they want when they score.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-28-2003, 04:20 PM
when they score a touchdown?

What's the point really?

Also, what do you think of the leagues attempt to put a stop to it.Just noticed it was really like a 3 way question :O

They act like "goofs" because all eyes are on them when they score, and its all about entertainment

The point is that all eyes are on them, and they want to do something to get remembered by...big plays happen every week...but Joe Horn on a cellphone will be remembered for a long time. Look people are still talking about T.O in Dallas in that time.

It will never be stopped, just keep giving out the fines I guess..let the punishment fit the crime.

road doggy dogg
12-28-2003, 04:22 PM
I don't see why everyone's being a little bitch about it

They're out there having fun, they celebrate, nothing more to it.

Kris P Lettus
12-28-2003, 04:31 PM
Hollywood Joe Horn is the f'n mang...

People, that is all..

The Outlaw
12-28-2003, 04:55 PM
hey tell me the story about TO and the Star.

I've seen random videos of it but never knew the story behind it

Well, T.O. scored, I can't remember if it was a winning touchdown or just a touchdown, and then he was a little bitch and went to the dallas star and did a little jig on it.

He then got taken out by one George Teague. You might remember him from the '93 Sugar Bowl running down Lamar Thomas and stripping him, one of the best defensive plays I've seen. :D

Teague = the man.

YOUR Hero
12-28-2003, 05:14 PM
I think there's a line that can be crossed. Where you show disrespect for the game. Never been a big fan of hotdogs, but I'm ok with junk that doesn't disrespect.

If the league wanted to stop it, they should recall the play if an offending players goes too far.