PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton or Chris Benoit?

Marc the Smark
08-03-2004, 12:32 AM
1. Who do you think should win at SummerSlam?

2. Who do you think will?

Zen v.W.o.
08-03-2004, 12:37 AM

Benoit should win.

Orton will stupidly, I think. Orton doesn't even belong in this match. It's unforunate.

Mayo
08-03-2004, 12:55 AM
Benoit should win, Orton probably will.

I think Orton should win it in a few months, maybe at Survivor Series or something. Keep him in the main event scene, make it look like he's hungry and that he'll do anything for the title. He just dropped the IC Title at the last PPV, so it's way too early for him to win it, IMO.

Sensei Of Mattitude
08-03-2004, 01:40 AM
Benoit should

I want Orton to win it thou.

"RKO out of nowhere BAHGAWGSTUNNERSICKSONOFABITCHBBQSAUCEBAHGAWD 1-2-3"

Innovator
08-03-2004, 02:14 AM
Benoit hands down

I hate to say it but Orton probably will, *dreams of Benoit vs. Jericho for the World Title*

What Would Kevin Do?
08-03-2004, 04:17 AM
I'm wondering if Orton will win just so WWE doesn't have to say Brock Lesnar was the youngest champ.

Favre4Ever
08-03-2004, 04:23 AM
Randy Orton should win. The reasoning behind this is that if Orton falls short now, I don't think he'll get another shot soon. And we don't need the Chris Jericho effect burdening this guy.

Who will win? Randy Orton. Chris Benoit has shown himself to be not only un-charismatic, but completely off character. Were not looking at the Benoit we once were, were looking at the happy-go-lucky-good guy Benoit. When he gets his edge back, he should get the title back.

LK
08-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Who should win - Chris Benoit

Who will win - Randy Orton

TheNamelessOne
08-03-2004, 08:56 AM
1: Benoit

2: Orton.

Orton simply isn't ready yet.

Luckily he won't have the championship for too long, as the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse will arrive shortly after he wins.

Lara Emily
08-03-2004, 09:58 AM
Who Should win: Benoit
Who will win: Orton

Here's how I'd like to see it go down of Orton has to win.

So Orton wins after a close match. He beings to celebrate when Triple H comes down, the ref is still in the ring, he gets face to face with Orton and bascially says you know what you promised me if you won (You could either actually have shown this earlier or as I'd prefer just have it have happened offscreen and backstage at some point), well I want it now, me you right here right now for the World title, Orton says a promise is a promise, the ref calls for the bell, Triple h does the finger poke of doom and starts to taunt the crowd smiling and laughing turning his back on Orton, Orton gets up (energetically, if he can do a flip up ala HBK that'd be the the best) HHH turns around wham RKO 1,2,3. Orton grabs the mic and says Triple H Randy Orton just passed you by or something, and walks out champion

Shaggy
08-03-2004, 10:34 AM
I want Orton to win the match but I think they might hold it off untill the next ppv.

Dave Youell
08-03-2004, 01:10 PM
what exactlly do you need to have to be 'ready'? That's ofton puzzeled me to how posters on an internet forum can determine when someone is ready for the title. Well as far as I can see it someone worthy of a title run would need the following:

Good Wrestling Skills
Good Mic Skills
Over with the Crowd

Now there are wrestlers who have been given world title runs that do not meet these basic crudentails, Orton does have these 3 things in abundance. Now i'm not an Orton mark, but I do recognise the man has skills and to be honest it would be a nice change for someone to just win it out of nowhere, that hasn't happened since Big Show in 99 or 2000 I forget, anyway what i'm saying is he's got all the tools so why isn't he ready?

Lara Emily
08-03-2004, 01:15 PM
what exactlly do you need to have to be 'ready'? That's ofton puzzeled me to how posters on an internet forum can determine when someone is ready for the title. Well as far as I can see it someone worthy of a title run would need the following:

Good Wrestling Skills
Good Mic Skills
Over with the Crowd

Now there are wrestlers who have been given world title runs that do not meet these basic crudentails, Orton does have these 3 things in abundance. Now i'm not an Orton mark, but I do recognise the man has skills and to be honest it would be a nice change for someone to just win it out of nowhere, that hasn't happened since Big Show in 99 or 2000 I forget, anyway what i'm saying is he's got all the tools so why isn't he ready?
He's still often green in the ring, his skills aren't fully devleopped yet. Plus it's just the idea that a chase angle would really work well for him, make people want him to win, so that when he does it goes over huge.

Sickboy
08-03-2004, 01:18 PM

Benoit should win.

Orton will stupidly, I think. <U>Orton doesn't even belong in this match</U>. It's unforunate.

So very true!

Mayo
08-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Randy Orton should win. The reasoning behind this is that if Orton falls short now, I don't think he'll get another shot soon. And we don't need the Chris Jericho effect burdening this guy.

Who will win? Randy Orton. Chris Benoit has shown himself to be not only un-charismatic, but completely off character. Were not looking at the Benoit we once were, were looking at the happy-go-lucky-good guy Benoit. When he gets his edge back, he should get the title back.
If they make it a 5 star classic match and have Benoit win but just barely, Orton will be catapulted into the main event scene and will have gained a shitload of credibility for being able to go toe to toe with the best technical wrestler today. Orton then continues to do whatever he can to try and win the title, and then he will go over huge after he gets the win later on.

James Steele
08-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Orton is just not ready. His mic skills are mediocre. Talent is average. The only thing GREAT about Randy Orton is his last name. Cena and Orton need at least to wait until next year before they get there first world title.

If they get the world title this soon, whats left for them to do?

Loose Cannon
08-03-2004, 01:43 PM
I agree with Dave. I still don't think Orton should win the Title yet, but you can't say he's still green. To be being "green" is Maven, Tomko, Cade, Jindrack, Nitro level. You can't put Orton on par with them. If you say Orton is still "green," then guys like Christian, Edge, Cena, Dupree, RVD are still green. Being "Green" really is only used for guys who are just coming up and are quite bland. Orton is way past that.

The CyNick
08-03-2004, 01:58 PM
1. Orton

2. Orton

Loose Cannon
08-03-2004, 01:59 PM
lol

Sephiroth
08-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Benoit.

Orton.

tucsonspeed6
08-03-2004, 02:40 PM
There's a reason the WWE is going to give Orton a chance with the title, and it's the same reason they took a chance with the Rock. I sincerely hope that I don't hear endless bitching and moaning about "Oh the champ is some snotnosed rookie who didn't pay his dues. Wrestling is RUINED!" because I can tell you that if anyone here reviewed their last 500 posts they'll find some point where they said that wrestling is already crap and that nothing can save it. To that I say this: if it doesn't work, try something to fix it....or would you rather we go back to HHH being champ?

James Steele
08-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Ya got a point TS6. But Chris Jericho would be better wouldn't it?

Lara Emily
08-03-2004, 07:41 PM
I agree with Dave. I still don't think Orton should win the Title yet, but you can't say he's still green. To be being "green" is Maven, Tomko, Cade, Jindrack, Nitro level. You can't put Orton on par with them. If you say Orton is still "green," then guys like Christian, Edge, Cena, Dupree, RVD are still green. Being "Green" really is only used for guys who are just coming up and are quite bland. Orton is way past that.
I said often green because it's true. He slips up more than your avergae wrestler still, he'll get better as he gets older but he still as some greeness. Jindrak is hardly green he's just boring there's a difference, Jindrak has been around for years now.

Loose Cannon
08-03-2004, 07:43 PM
I haven't seen him slip in a while. Unless you sit there and monitor his every move and wait for him to slip. I saw Jericho miss a spot on Raw this week. Is he Green?

Boondock Saint
08-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Benoit should win, but I have a feeling Orton just may win it. But if that does happen,I can't say I will be disappointed.

I wouldn't mind him holding it even now, I've enjoyed seeing Benoit with the title, and although I'd like to see him hold on to it for even longer, I won't be pissed if Orton wins.

mman
08-03-2004, 08:08 PM
Orton should win
Benoit will win aftwer orton does somthing stupid

Lara Emily
08-03-2004, 08:13 PM
I haven't seen him slip in a while. Unless you sit there and monitor his every move and wait for him to slip. I saw Jericho miss a spot on Raw this week. Is he Green?
He is gettin better but he's still not totally refined.

mman
08-03-2004, 08:14 PM
i tihnk and want orton to win if he wins then triple h will callenge and lose or win and evoulution will kick out orton and jump him then shawn will help and theyll bring billy gunn to raw until the end of ssand dx will be reformed for a match of the ages
Survivor Series Classic
Orton,Micheals,X-Pac,Road Dogg, and Mr.Ass
vs.
Triple H,Batista,Ric Flair, ?,?, i think it will be two people with a fued with orton and micheals like kane and um edge thats a guess think it might happen i think it could

mman
08-03-2004, 08:15 PM
remember on the sd6 thread u saw orton and shawn ?

Kane Knight
08-03-2004, 08:28 PM
You do know you're arguing with Loose Cannon about Orton, right?

:p

Look up the word "futile."

mman
08-03-2004, 08:30 PM
im right

mman
08-03-2004, 08:33 PM
about the dx thing like at the draft hhh was gonna go to sd billy would have formed a team with him rd and xpac wuld have came passed out dx shirts if the fans wuld have voted evoulution to break up at the poll at wwe.com

mman
08-03-2004, 08:39 PM
yup

Batsu
08-03-2004, 09:14 PM
1) BEN-MUFF HUGGIN'-OIT.

2) Orton probably will win...

...as someone said, so they don't have to say Brock Lesnar was the youngest champ anymore. I don't think he's ready (and I don't think Brock was ready to win it when he did)....why do they keep rushing their up-and-coming stars? There's nowhere to go but down provided the reign is worthwhile...for most people. Heck, it even happened to Stone Cold Steve Austin, and he was in WWE for almost 3 years before he won the title. Rock was in for 2. Kurt Angle, 11 months.... and at least people were somewhat ready to see Angle; he was believable. Big Show winning it out of nowhere hurt him more than it helped. Big Show was a bit more over back then, but still... I think when he won the WWE title on SmackDown later, it was slightly better (if only, to serve as a point to get Brock Lesnar, and later, John Cena over).

Heyman
08-03-2004, 09:39 PM
I see Orton winning it. AFter Summerslam, tensions between Triple H and Orton occur. Evolution gets caught in the middle.

At the next PPV, Orton would then face Triple H and Benoit in a triple threat match......Evolution helping Orton to win.

If Benoit retains at Summerslam, then I see Evolution screwing over Orton (and helping Triple H win the title in the triple threat).

In terms of who SHOULD win, I'm not sure.

Now would be a great time to establish Orton as a champ (he has the momentum right now), but I'm also worried that Benoit will get lost in the mix if he drops the title.

The Naitch
08-03-2004, 09:55 PM
I plan on ordering Summerslam now. And if I see Benoit retain, I'd be a waste of my money. So Orton.

The Naitch
08-03-2004, 09:56 PM
I see Orton winning it. AFter Summerslam, tensions between Triple H and Orton occur. Evolution gets caught in the middle.

At the next PPV, Orton would then face Triple H and Benoit in a triple threat match......Evolution helping Orton to win.

If Benoit retains at Summerslam, then I see Evolution screwing over Orton (and helping Triple H win the title in the triple threat).

In terms of who SHOULD win, I'm not sure.

Now would be a great time to establish Orton as a champ (he has the momentum right now), but I'm also worried that Benoit will get lost in the mix if he drops the title.

Yeah, angles seem to turn to shit after Summerslam. But if a Triple H/Orton program comes out after this, it will keep RAW hot until Mania

Heyman
08-03-2004, 09:58 PM
I'll bet anything that Orton wins.

Since Lesnar is no longer a part of the WWE, I'm pretty sure that they'll want to take away Lesnar's title "the youngest guy to win the WWE title" moniker.

Vince always has his gay ways of trying to 'one-up' people.

PREDICTION: Orton defeats Benoit.

Heyman
08-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Yeah, angles seem to turn to shit after Summerslam. But if a Triple H/Orton program comes out after this, it will keep RAW hot until Mania

I was thinking: If Orton won the title at Summerslam while Edge re-united with Christian (and turned heel during his match with Jericho), then maybe Orton, Edge, Batista, and Christian could become the new Evolution at some point.

They would kick Flair out.

Basically -these 4 guys would come to a pact that the title 'stays within them' (i.e. they don't neccessarily like one another, but they'd help each other retain the title....and support whoever was the champ or was going after the champ from within their stable).

This could be a clever way to give Edge, Orton, Batista, and Christian world title reigns over the next few years. :?:

Innovator
08-03-2004, 10:03 PM
thing is, what face is there to square off against Orton?

Benoit, Jericho, Edge looks like he's gonna go heel, Eugene, Regal?

Loose Cannon
08-03-2004, 10:07 PM

See, that I can accept. Totally agree here.

The Naitch
08-03-2004, 10:07 PM
I don't know about that new Evolution stable.

I do agree with Vince wanting to one up Brock my taking away his "youngest champ ever" moniker and giving it to Randy Orton. I almost ejaculated after reading that.

And an Edge/Christian screwjob on Jericho makes perfect sense. But then again, we forget that WWE likes to drop the ball alot.

Heyman
08-03-2004, 10:08 PM
thing is, what face is there to square off against Orton?

Benoit, Jericho, Edge looks like he's gonna go heel, Eugene, Regal?

If Orton becomes champ, Triple H would most likely turn face.

p.s. Benjamin and HBK will also return farily soon.

mman
08-03-2004, 10:22 PM
I'll bet anything that Orton wins.

Since Lesnar is no longer a part of the WWE, I'm pretty sure that they'll want to take away Lesnar's title "the youngest guy to win the WWE title" moniker.

Vince always has his gay ways of trying to 'one-up' people.

PREDICTION: Orton defeats Benoit.
how about 5 bucks