PDA

View Full Version : Team USA loses to Italy (Basketball)

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Oh man, the US team is a joke. Its not even a team, there isn't one shooter on the whole team. Every team is just going to pack it in real tight with the zone and force them to shoot.

This year could be ugly...European Basketball is really stepping it up. More and more guys from Europe are coming into the NBA, then shit like this is happening. Not to mention Italy is supposely one of the weaker Euro teams.

Loose Cannon
08-03-2004, 10:16 PM
lol, are you fk'n serious? HOLY SHIT.

Loose Cannon
08-03-2004, 10:19 PM
jesus. by like 20 points too. get out of here.

HeartBreakMan2k
08-03-2004, 10:19 PM
While I agree, this is a fairly weak team. You have to realise the US team has only played together what, 2 or 3 weeks? While the other teams have been playing together in some cases 2 years.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-03-2004, 10:21 PM
Yea true

I think they should just take the NBA champions and have them play, Teams that have actaully been playing together and can play D.

Bricktop
The NBA has become nothing but street ball. Today's players are sloppy and need to go back to basics. In Europe they teach defense, ball movement, passing and three point shooting. Its no wonder they killed team usa. Maybe, instead of going straight to the NBA some of the upcoming stars should get a college education and learn some of the basics of basketball.

ct2k
A bunch of skinny white boys beating team USA by 20...Ouch

God help em when they come up against Croatia or someone :-\

HeartBreakMan2k
08-03-2004, 10:23 PM
The NBA has become nothing but street ball. Today's players are sloppy and need to go back to basics. In Europe they teach defense, ball movement, passing and three point shooting. Its no wonder they killed team usa. Maybe, instead of going straight to the NBA some of the upcoming stars should get a college education and learn some of the basics of basketball.
I'd disagree with that, I mean yeah a lot of the up and coming players in the NBA lack some of the fundementals that they would have learned in college, it's far from streetball. Hell, if it was Steph and Skip would be running the league.

ct2k
08-03-2004, 10:25 PM
Basketball around the world is full of guys trying to be playground legends on the competitive court, half my Uni's team is made up of em, that's why they loose

slextremely
08-03-2004, 10:25 PM
With AI as a co-captain :rofl: what can you really expect...

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-03-2004, 10:27 PM
The game hasn't become street ball, but its starting to become more and more of a 1 on 1 game. Driving to the bucket and beating your guy off the dribble has started to take a huge proitority over shooting jumpers. Fundamentals are there, its really just the jump shooting. Also Team USA hasn't developed any type of team defense at all, like stated before they just haven't been practicing enough.

VonErich Lives
08-03-2004, 10:27 PM
didn't the last team miss the world tourny cause they lost in the early rounds?

the teams been a joke for awhile, most the players asked wont play.

Atlanta was special, it had real players and a real "team".

But Basketball was also better back then.

ct2k
08-03-2004, 10:31 PM
And the 92 team was pretty much that era's hall of fame class

Loose Cannon
08-03-2004, 10:32 PM
We shouldn't eve make a team anymore. Just send the World Champs down there. They've been playing together longer and everything. Detroit should be mopping the floor right now :mad:

MoRcHeEbA
08-03-2004, 10:35 PM
Canada is gonna win the baseball :cool:

ct2k
08-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Canada is gonna win the baseball :cool:

When no major leaguers are playing that's hardly an accomplishment :p

Loose Cannon
08-03-2004, 10:37 PM
Nah, Canada is pretty good at ball

MoRcHeEbA
08-03-2004, 10:37 PM
either way :cool:

Loose Cannon
08-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Oh wait, I meant sucking

MoRcHeEbA
08-03-2004, 10:43 PM
:rofl: loose cannon is easily the funniest poster on these boards

YOUR Hero
08-03-2004, 11:40 PM
The fundementals of basketball are better everywhere compared to the USA. The big 'but' though, is the talent level of the American team easily makes up for it. Unless ego gets in the way, Team USA will win it all.

As for Canada's baseball team.
There are a lot of top tier teams, Canada is one of them.

Loose Cannon
08-04-2004, 12:18 AM
Your Hero plays for the Canadian Team, doesn't he :nono:

YOUR Hero
08-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Nah, I was never that good. I was a good ball player, but never got anywhere near that tier.

MoRcHeEbA
08-04-2004, 03:25 AM
He could never get passed the girls T-ball team

The Outlaw
08-04-2004, 03:32 AM
LeBron got called for traveling a lot.

Guess they finally realized that THERE IS A WALKING CALL.

Gertner
08-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Like it has been said before. Nobody can shoot the ball. You have a bunch of players, not playing as a team, playing against National teams, that play together year round. The only reason this "Dream Team" crap started was because the U.S did crap in basketball in the late 80's. I'm so happy that they are getting it thrown back in their face. Also, Germany beat up on Italy prior to Italy's game against the U.S.

Have fun Americans.

El Capitano Gatisto
08-04-2004, 03:03 PM
No one gives a shit about basketball. Especially not Italians.

VonErich Lives
08-04-2004, 03:14 PM
I'd love to see a baseball find a way to send it's players to the olympics, although it would be interesting where a lot of them have become US citezens, could they still play for the country they were born in?

El Capitano Gatisto
08-04-2004, 03:21 PM
They should do, considering that's the point of the Olympics.

Baseball would fit right in, with all those drugs.